Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login

Posted: 11/1/2009 7:48:03 AM EST
I hope this isn't a repeated topic but.....

Where do you go for up-to-date news??

I am more into cross checking multiple sources and using critical thinking/reasoning behind news/media outlets

I have heard that very a few wealthy people own most of the new/media outlets, you can't tell me that they don't have an influence on what they say/show/discuss etc etc.....

The sources I typically cross check are:

Independent media:
www.projectcensored.org (college project that began at USC at Berkley (I believe) and now is taught at over 30 colleges/universities across the USA)
www.mediafreedominternational.com
www.inteldaily.com
www.dailycensored.com
www.democracynow.org
www.prisonplanet.com (very very very conservative but seems to be reliable news and also funny)

Regular media:
www.cnn.com
www.nytimes.com
www.washingtonpost.com

Let me know what all of you think!! I'd love to hear it!!
The independent media sources I have found are legitimate (verified news sources, not just blah blah blah typed onto a website for people to read and believe)

The independent media sources also show alternative views to topics that include but not limited to:
- vaccines
- 9/11 facts
- iraq/afghan
- global warming
- health
- local/state/usa news
- new world order (not the tin hat conspiracy)
- chem trails
- MOST OF ALL: You hear about News That Doesn't Make the Regular News which is important so we don't become little sheep following the newest "super cool" leader Obama.....

I know that some people in this forum might be set in their ways and purely conservative about many/most/if not all issues (I agree on most also) but I find it highly important to know both sides of an issue, not just throw in the "tin hat" line and then curse them out for being unpatriotic about issues behind 9/11. When did it become wrong to ask questions in America?? Most of the tamed down 9/11 "troofers" as called by people in this forum are halfway decent people (smart, holding a job, and critical thinkers) and they may not know the whole truth behind anything (because its not entirely clear and may not ever become 100% clear) but at least they are asking questions about it.

I want justice for all victims of and after the 9/11 events (all types of soldiers overseas).

Link Posted: 11/1/2009 8:37:55 AM EST
www.realclearpolitics.com does a pretty good job of keeping up to date on the big events. They update twice a day with links to all the stories from blogs and from news outlets.

fox news website is real quick on it as well.
Link Posted: 11/1/2009 9:45:39 AM EST
I like Drudge Report and Politico pretty well, along with some of the usual.
Link Posted: 11/1/2009 10:06:16 AM EST
Drudge
Fox News
NRA News
Mark Levin
Link Posted: 11/1/2009 10:30:55 AM EST
ARFCOM FTMFW!
Link Posted: 11/1/2009 9:31:00 PM EST
Personally, I find the Washington Times' opinions pieces to be pretty good:

http://washingtontimes.com/opinion/

They're updated daily and do a good job of analyzing current events from a conservative/libertarian viewpoint. They also frequently comment on important stories that are overlooked by more widely-read media.
Link Posted: 11/2/2009 4:33:48 AM EST
[Last Edit: 11/2/2009 4:34:10 AM EST by 94ranger]
Drudge and Fox mostly. And here :-)
Link Posted: 11/2/2009 5:51:28 AM EST
Drudge, Fox News and Glen Beck. I have noticed Bank lobbys have went from CNN to Fox News. I hope the Ameircan people are waking up to the fact we have a communist/revolutionary in the White House.
Link Posted: 11/2/2009 6:12:03 AM EST
If you want to see how the mainstream media distorts the news in an up to date manner, check out http://newsbusters.org.
Link Posted: 11/2/2009 8:11:32 AM EST
Link Posted: 11/3/2009 11:41:12 AM EST
infowars
Link Posted: 11/3/2009 12:03:44 PM EST
Originally Posted By bladed45TN:
infowars

Nobody can take a person seriously when they get their information from the likes of Alex Jones... Don't you all realize he is a ridiculously nutty whack job who will do anything to make a buck? Actually, I don't think he is nuts because he obviously doesn't believe 90% of what he says, he is just making alot of money from it. He is a troofer you know...

infowars, prison planet and world nut (net) daily are hardly credible news sources...
Link Posted: 11/4/2009 10:50:15 AM EST
Originally Posted By pole-cat:
infowars

Nobody can take a person seriously when they get their information from the likes of Alex Jones... Don't you all realize he is a ridiculously nutty whack job who will do anything to make a buck? Actually, I don't think he is nuts because he obviously doesn't believe 90% of what he says, he is just making alot of money from it. He is a troofer you know...

infowars, prison planet and world nut (net) daily are hardly credible news sources...

I kid, I kid...used to listen, A LOT. Funny thing was, more I listened, more paranoid I got. (Imagine that). I take everything with a grain of salt now and investigate things on my own before passing judgement. But I do believe that are things they bring that are worth looking into. But then again, 99% of the shit out there is just a distraction.
Link Posted: 11/4/2009 11:20:52 AM EST
Originally Posted By pole-cat:
infowars

I kid, I kid...used to listen, A LOT. Funny thing was, more I listened, more paranoid I got. (Imagine that). I take everything with a grain of salt now and investigate things on my own before passing judgement. But I do believe that are things they bring that are worth looking into. But then again, 99% of the shit out there is just a distraction.

Yeah, I like to head over there once in a blue moon for a good laugh. We all know there are some real issues with our government worth being concerned with, but Alex Jones and those like him prey on well meaning people and fill them with nonsense. It also makes conservatives as a whole look bad, even though Jones is hardly conservative. He is all over the spectrum depending on whatever will make him a buck.

I think Beck is doing a good job of walking the fine line between raising legitimate concerns without going to far over to the dark side of drumming up nonsense simply for sensationalism.
Link Posted: 11/4/2009 11:27:50 AM EST
Tag!
Link Posted: 11/5/2009 4:32:50 PM EST
Prison Planet, everything else is bought and paid for!!
Link Posted: 11/5/2009 4:37:52 PM EST
[Last Edit: 11/5/2009 4:40:25 PM EST by N2CH_556]
What Makes Mainstream Media Mainstream [ETA: this isn't 100% but it's a very good overview...]

Usually just hit news.google.com and then Arfcom
Top Top