Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/23/2001 7:29:46 AM EDT
I've noticed in the past few years so many movies have a SWAT scene, anybody know how a fellow can get a gig playing a SWAT dude in a feature or TV show? It might be fun.
Also, what the hell are the movies trying to tell us, that were turning into a Police State?
Link Posted: 3/23/2001 9:31:00 AM EDT
[#1]
BTT
Link Posted: 3/23/2001 4:18:05 PM EDT
[#2]
They are bred in cess pools, through the process of inbreading, as are members of the BAR.
Link Posted: 3/24/2001 4:17:29 AM EDT
[#3]
Simma-din-nih  Andre.
Link Posted: 3/24/2001 7:29:38 AM EDT
[#4]
I don't know, but I pay attention to the movies.  After all, the answers to all of life's questions can be found in the movies.

They seem to originate from one of two places.

The first group consists of fearless defenders of the American way.  They were all Vietnam veteran Special Forces, or Marines in later wars, have a criminal justice degree, and have amazing latitude in legal matters.  They are tough, but always see past appearances to help the innocent victims of a vast conspiracy.  You cannot apply for admittance to this group - invitation only.

The second group is probably more your style.  After all, you can catch a bullet with the best of them in a frontal assault on a belt-fed.  Guys like you are drafted by Central Casting to die by the score fighting a misunderstood war hero or a cute and oh-so-naughy antihero.  Cheer up, because just because you caught one bullet does not mean you won't catch another in a later (or the same) scene.    
Link Posted: 3/24/2001 8:19:25 AM EDT
[#5]
Andreusan,

Are you Andre Peterson from Pompano?

Moe
Link Posted: 3/24/2001 8:34:24 AM EDT
[#6]
Pogo,
Guys like you have all the righteous answers. Maybe you should apply for the job. I guess I was asking if there might be a company formed by a Ex-Swat trainer who is providing the kind of realism moviemakers want and wouldn't it be fun and/or interesting for some folks to get involved in movie work. You know, taking tactical firearms classes involve role-playing as well, except no one gets paid but the instructor. Guys who look like they know what they're doing could have a lucrative side job if they didn't mind contributing to the ever increasing violence and political content of movies. But, I wouldn't want to sound cynical by suggesting only true American Heroes need apply. Like you, Pogo?
Link Posted: 3/24/2001 10:27:15 AM EDT
[#7]
Sorry, it was not a very well thought out reply.  I saw your question and had to irrelevantly comment on the two main character types I saw in movies.

The first catagory I mentioned is the type of character played.  Tommy Lee Jones has a monopoly on this role and will allow no competitors.  I need not apply, either.

The second catagory refers to the actors themselves.  As they are just cannon fodder, appearing in the movie for just one second before being blown to bits, little attention is paid to them by directors or casting.  They just have to frown and flop to the ground.  I would hurt myself if I tried this.

I agree that there is a desperate need for someone who has a clue for real weapons handling.  Good luck.    

I never impersonated a hero before.  I put my time in the Navy on subs.  Qualified M16, shotgun, and .45, but that was no big trick.  Never caused a meltdown or sunk any fishing boats, and counted down my days to go to my EAOS from 1300+ down to zero.  Still have some of my uniform items - it surprised my dad as he said he put all his airforce clothing in a barrel and burned it with malice.      
Link Posted: 3/24/2001 3:57:16 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Andreusan,

Are you Andre Peterson from Pompano?

Moe
View Quote

Close, but no.
Link Posted: 3/24/2001 7:39:25 PM EDT
[#9]
I know a cop who was a jurer in "A Few Good Men" and played a SWAT guy in "Austin Powers II".

I dont know how he got the inside connect though?
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top