Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/12/2002 1:14:02 PM EDT

I've only recently started attending gun shows and I've kinda become addicted.  I know there are numerous problems(high pricing, annoying people), but I always have fun.  

So far, I've only been to the monthly shows in Columbia, MO. Usually two hundred tables or so, takes about an hour to see everything. I always find at least one good deal on something.
I'm going to my first Kansas City show tommorrow. Suppossedly 750 tables.
So, where are the "best" or biggest gun shows in Missouri or the mid-west? Thinking about venturing out of state this spring.  Is there a good online calendar to find out about them?

Thanks

Link Posted: 1/12/2002 2:08:37 PM EDT
[#1]
[size=6]Tulsa![/size=6]

[size=6]Springtime[/size=6]

[size=6]Wannemakers[/size=6]
Link Posted: 1/12/2002 2:16:22 PM EDT
[#2]
Not sure if you consider Louisville, KY to be the "midwest", but the show at Knob Creek Range on April 12-14 is worth a look.  While far from the biggest, it's probably the most interesting.  More information at [url]http://www.machinegunshoot.com/[/url].
Link Posted: 1/12/2002 2:35:10 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
[size=6]Tulsa![/size=6]

[size=6]Springtime[/size=6]

[size=6]Wannemakers[/size=6]
View Quote

I second that, as long as you aren't shopping for C3 goodies.

The KC Market show (probably the one you are going to) is really good too.
Link Posted: 1/12/2002 2:50:48 PM EDT
[#4]
The Indy 1500 (next weekend) is pretty nice.  Still too many kettle korn and beenie baby vendors, but a pretty good selection.
Link Posted: 1/12/2002 2:56:39 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 1/12/2002 3:08:43 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 1/12/2002 6:01:47 PM EDT
[#7]
[size=5][b]INDY 1500
KNOB CREEK KY[/size=5][/b]

I've heard Tulsa is good, but I've never been...yet.
Link Posted: 1/12/2002 9:53:51 PM EDT
[#8]
Another vote for Wannenmachers in Tulsa.

I went to the Fall show in Sept of last year, and I believe there was over 3000 tables!! I was there for over 8 hours and I STILL didn't see everything. This one is Definitely a 2 day event, that is assuming you're like me and HAVE to look at just about everything.

Check it!
[url]www.tulsagunshow.com[/url]
Link Posted: 1/12/2002 10:02:17 PM EDT
[#9]
Check the gun show listings on www.shotgunnews.com
Link Posted: 1/12/2002 10:03:34 PM EDT
[#10]
have you been to rutledge MO?  if not e-mail me I will explain but don't really want to post it.
john
Link Posted: 1/12/2002 10:23:51 PM EDT
[#11]
I'm in Kansas City and our Gun LShow locations are changing alot recently.  

The show on front street used to be a great show.  It was 750 tables per show w/ a giant show at the beginning of each year.  It is my understanding that a school leases part of that building and we can no longer have gun shows at that location( no guns near schools, etc).

Because of this we now have gun shows at the MALL.  Yep, the show this weekend is at Blue Ridge Mall.  Not the largest mall, but a mall nonetheless.  I didt make the show yet but am going tomorrow.  Heard it was pretty good.

KC will also have 3 more large shows in the next coming weeks:

Blue Ridge mall will ahve another in early Feb.

Jan 25/26th weekend-- Large show in the Old Sam's Club bldg at 40th and noland (Independence).  
Late Jan/Early Feb??  Gun show at a new location near KCI airport.

But from what I've heard, nothing compares to Tulsa.

scottMO
Link Posted: 1/12/2002 10:45:53 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
have you been to rutledge MO?  if not e-mail me I will explain but don't really want to post it.
john
View Quote

Honda,

I have been to Rutledge......hehehe..why don't you want to post it?  I wouldn't know why [:D][:D]

medcop
Link Posted: 1/12/2002 11:23:10 PM EDT
[#13]
"T" town!
Link Posted: 1/12/2002 11:41:16 PM EDT
[#14]
Ahhh yessssss....Rutledge.
Link Posted: 1/13/2002 12:51:31 PM EDT
[#15]
I live in St. Louis and the ones here are very average in my opinion.  

There is one about every month.

Jan 18-20  636-379-9985  in St. Charles
Jan 25-27   314-846-0751  In North county
Link Posted: 1/13/2002 1:22:21 PM EDT
[#16]
Link Posted: 1/13/2002 1:38:26 PM EDT
[#17]
I used to live in Tulsa.
This is a great show.
[url]http://www.tulsagunshow.com/[/url] There's also a good one in Okla. City.
700 tables at the fair grounds, Jan 26 and 27.
View Quote

First off, Oklahoma is not in the midwest and it's not the friggin' "heartland." Second, unless you enjoy buying beef jerky, Water Piks, and spending over and above suggested retail for new guns, there are [b]NO[/b] good gun shows in Oklahoma City. They are not even worth the price of admission. The only good one in Tulsa is the Wanenmacher show in April and October.
Link Posted: 1/13/2002 2:28:09 PM EDT
[#18]
As far as AR's, I've always been pleasently surprised at the dealers that show up at the Bill Goodmans show in Dayton, Ohio.  Haven't been there in a couple of months but the list usually included:

JT Surplus
Model 1 Sales
Sherluk
Chestnut Ridge Supply
Cole Distributing
M&A Parts (? is that right?)
Matts SKS (are they still around?)
Rapidfire
Throw in another dealer that specializes in black rifles and a big table of class III goodies.  
Link Posted: 1/13/2002 2:48:41 PM EDT
[#19]
The KC show was great today, just wish I had more money to spend.  There were three SAR-1s for $349ea.  Would have jumped all over that.  Picked up a 200rd pack of Port. 7.62 for $31, a couple of ammo cans, and a bunch of stripper clips. That's it...(damned tuition).  Lots of good deals compared to the smaller shows, hell of a crowd though and $6 door fee!

Thanks for all the info. I'm definetly going to the KC shows again.

p.s. There was some major ghetto-gangbanger types there. Kinda scary...I heard one of them call another a "blood".  
Link Posted: 1/13/2002 4:37:09 PM EDT
[#20]
Wow, sounds cool. Maybe I can mosey out there this summer.

As for the bullet fest, I'm a NO GO.  I'll be doing some fine Army training at Ft. Lewis, Washington all of May and early June. Damn!
Link Posted: 1/13/2002 8:00:43 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

p.s. There was some major ghetto-gangbanger types there. Kinda scary...I heard one of them call another a "blood".  
View Quote

Been there, done that...

Usually there is a bunch of them huddled around the table with the Tec22s and Lorcins.
Link Posted: 1/14/2002 11:04:13 AM EDT
[#22]
Makes ya wish we had CCW here in MO, that's for sure.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top