Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 2/18/2006 4:33:22 AM EDT
Thanks for any pointers.
Link Posted: 2/18/2006 4:44:39 AM EDT
[#1]
Well, you could start by sending me a PM.  If you only want a few, they're yours for free + shipping.  If you want a bunch, we can work prices privately once you tell me the exact markings you are looking for in the stamp.

Sorry, guys, but I can't offer everyone that wants a few the freebie.  But since he posted the question, I can part with a few for free as a nice gesture.

Richard
Link Posted: 2/18/2006 4:50:41 AM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
Well, you could start by sending me a PM.  If you only want a few, they're yours for free + shipping.  If you want a bunch, we can work prices privately once you tell me the exact markings you are looking for in the stamp.

Sorry, guys, but I can't offer everyone that wants a few the freebie.  But since he posted the question, I can part with a few for free as a nice gesture.

Richard

Richard, You are very generous. Thank you! IM Sent.
Link Posted: 2/18/2006 5:30:01 AM EDT
[#3]
IM returned, but I also followed that with a link to AIM, which has you covered for shooting needs.  Since you want 30, AIM is my suggestion, rather than buying en-blocs separately.  

Let me know if I can do anything else for you sir.  Enjoy that Garand!  They are addictive.

Richard

ETA:  I am not affiliated in any way with AIM.  Just want you to get the best deal possible for your needs, and my dealings with AIM have been nothing but 100% positive.  
Link Posted: 2/18/2006 5:32:28 AM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 2/18/2006 5:35:29 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

Quoted:
IM returned, but I also followed that with a link to AIM, which has you covered for shooting needs.  Since you want 30, AIM is my suggestion, rather than buying en-blocs separately.  

Let me know if I can do anything else for you sir.  Enjoy that Garand!  They are addictive.

Richard

ETA:  I am not affiliated in any way with AIM.  Just want you to get the best deal possible for your needs, and my dealings with AIM have been nothing but 100% positive.  

+1 you can buy them preloaded in bandoleers pretty cheap.

That's the link I sent him.  $65 pre-loaded in bandoliers and ammo cans for 384 rounds, boxer primed.

That's a hard price to beat.  
Link Posted: 2/18/2006 5:55:02 AM EDT
[#6]
If that's Korean in origin, it'll be corrosive. KA-marked ammo is the stuff on clips and bandoleers and it's known to be corrosive. The boxed stuff is PS-marked and is not corrosive.

After shooting, just pay extra attention on the gas system. Once you've shot up all the ammo, load up the clips with some Greek ammo from the CMP. Their ammo is high quality, cheap, and non-corrosive. Can't beat that.
Link Posted: 2/18/2006 5:56:20 AM EDT
[#7]
Richard, You are very kind. Many thanks!!!
Link Posted: 2/18/2006 7:56:33 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
If that's Korean in origin, it'll be corrosive. KA-marked ammo is the stuff on clips and bandoleers and it's known to be corrosive. The boxed stuff is PS-marked and is not corrosive.

Just so no one gets some corrosive ammo when they think it is non-corrosive, some of the boxed ammo is KA marked and corrosive also.
Link Posted: 2/18/2006 8:33:57 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Just so no one gets some corrosive ammo when they think it is non-corrosive, some of the boxed ammo is KA marked and corrosive also.

Boxed KA?  I've only seen PS in boxes.  I've only seen KA on clips in bandoliers.  Interesting.
Link Posted: 2/18/2006 12:04:46 PM EDT
[#10]
The last I bought was PS in clips in bandoliers. Probably paid too much for it at the funshow but it's good shooting stuff.
Link Posted: 2/18/2006 12:14:12 PM EDT
[#11]
AIM DID have some PS clipped bando'd 30/06 last year but all they now have is the KA stuff. However I will give them an A+ for every order they have sent me. Never a problemo.
Link Posted: 2/18/2006 12:17:28 PM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 2/18/2006 12:24:11 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:
AIM DID have some PS clipped bando'd 30/06 last year but all they now have is the KA stuff. However I will give them an A+ for every order they have sent me. Never a problemo.

Yep, KA is all that is left.

But if you have a Garand, it already has more corrosive ammo through it than we'll throat in our shooting, so it's not any big deal if you care for her like the lady she is.  The KA headstamp is not bad ammo by any stretch of the imagination.  What do you think we used?  Outsourcing is just more popular, not new

And yes, an A+ for AIM.  They are good people.  I have yet to be disappointed.  
Link Posted: 2/18/2006 12:29:39 PM EDT
[#14]
The KA is good enough stuff, just remember to clean thoroughly with soap and water, then clean as you normally would. The cases are also reloadable.
Link Posted: 2/18/2006 12:31:22 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:
The KA is good enough stuff, just remember to clean thoroughly with soap and water ammonia, then clean as you normally would. The cases are also reloadable.

Fixed it for ya, bro!  
Link Posted: 2/18/2006 2:13:40 PM EDT
[#16]
If you see some clips at the gun shows, glance at the bottoms and avoid any that have "O W C" in a triangle with a "69" underneath. They are from WWII of Canadian manufacture, and they dont fit or eject properly.

I have 3 of them in front of me, and none of them worked in any of the several Garands I've owned.
Link Posted: 2/18/2006 2:17:52 PM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:

Quoted:
The KA is good enough stuff, just remember to clean thoroughly with soap and water ammonia, then clean as you normally would. The cases are also reloadable.

Fixed it for ya, bro!  

Yep, a couple of shots of Windex w/ammonia down the bore/bolt face and you're good to go. Swab it out and clean as usual. Nothing wrong with the KA stuff if you clean it when you get home.

ETA
Fred's had Garand clips for $7.50 for 10. Not exactly cheap, but better than the $1 a pop and higher I've been seeing lately. HTH.
Link Posted: 2/18/2006 6:10:54 PM EDT
[#18]
It's the primer salts that corrode. Any kind of polar solvent will work to wash the salts out. Water is the cheapest solvent available, the hotter the better.

Soap and ammonia don't do anything special that water can't when it comes to the primer salts. The ammonia will help with copper fouling, however.
Link Posted: 2/18/2006 6:37:46 PM EDT
[#19]
I will sell you all you want for $.50 ea..Pat
Link Posted: 2/18/2006 6:45:16 PM EDT
[#20]
32ndsigbn
Post Number :: 1

Quoted:
I will sell you all you want for $.50 ea..Pat

Another ultimate lurker. Damn bro!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top