Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/5/2012 6:36:31 PM EDT
...?
Link Posted: 1/5/2012 6:37:11 PM EDT
[#1]
I haven't actually noticed anyone with negative feedback, except in the old school feedback threads.
Link Posted: 1/5/2012 6:38:26 PM EDT
[#2]
I was surprised to see that I have 2 feedback. As far as I can recall I only bought one thing off the EE
Link Posted: 1/5/2012 6:49:12 PM EDT
[#3]
I dont deal with them.
A mans word should be his bond.
Link Posted: 1/5/2012 6:55:18 PM EDT
[#4]
I have made an error selling in the EE (honest mistake). But I worked hard to make it right. In the end, I got pos feedback from the buyer.

I'm learning the hard way to only buy from Team with pos feedback. Makes life easier. Not that everyone else is a crook, but an invested track record is good to see.
Link Posted: 1/5/2012 6:58:28 PM EDT
[#5]
they're a lesser man than me
Link Posted: 1/5/2012 7:03:09 PM EDT
[#6]
I had several thousand positive feedback on ebay.  I left 1 negative and got 1 negative feedback.  In theory, it shouldn't be that hard, but shit happens.
Link Posted: 1/5/2012 7:26:11 PM EDT
[#7]
Almost all of my EE transactions have been smooth.
The two that weren't eventually got worked out.
I didn't leave either of those guys any feedback at all.
But I almost called my associate in Vegas to pay that little faggot in NV a visit.
Link Posted: 1/5/2012 7:44:56 PM EDT
[#8]
I guess it would depend on the item and if I really wanted it.
Link Posted: 1/5/2012 7:50:53 PM EDT
[#9]
On a different forum, me and another member had gotten into a fit over feedback, after I had generously given him a neutral feedback. He was unsatisfied with this, so he threatened to give me a negative if I didn't edit it. I edited it... with a multi-paragraph response (with screenshots of messages we had between us) explaining why he didn't earn a +1. He was a paying member of the forum, and I wasn't, so he had convinced the moderators to delete my post from his feedback thread.

I don't do any BST stuff anymore because of this. I'm sure it's different for this forum, but I'm stuck with this sour taste.
Link Posted: 1/5/2012 7:53:18 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

Almost all of my EE transactions have been smooth.

The two that weren't eventually got worked out.

I didn't leave either of those guys any feedback at all.

But I almost called my associate in Vegas to pay that little faggot in NV a visit.

Nice.

I had one try and play tough guy on some Garand lockbars...

Until I swung by the hometown forums. Found a local guy who knew him and was glad to assist. Asshole got a local to him mailed/postmarked postcard (a local to me space needle picture postcard mailed to him in his hometown missouri) that had his name, name on his FFl and his real home address and told him "I cant make it to the gunshow you will have a table at this weekend, but if you dont send me my shit i will come pick it up next week....
Got my package in 3 days.
It shouldnt be that difficult, but it is. I constantly make tighter and tighter screening rules to prevent me from getting fucked. Really sad but such is life.

Link Posted: 1/5/2012 8:11:02 PM EDT
[#11]
I've only ever got one negative feedback, that was on Gunbroker and it was from Wendy Bailey (Todd Bailey's wife) of Special Weapons, even though it was their screw-up.

Being that it was from them, its almost a badge of honor.
Link Posted: 1/5/2012 8:29:09 PM EDT
[#12]
I have bought " stuff " from none team members & only had a problem with one.
Other than that it has been smooth sailin' !

Hell... When I first started buying " stuff " I never did check there feedback.  
So.... I'm trusting...... OR.......

Link Posted: 1/5/2012 8:31:15 PM EDT
[#13]
After that bullshit with garryowen feed back doesn't mean shit to me anymore.
Link Posted: 1/5/2012 8:42:58 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

What bullshit?
Link Posted: 1/5/2012 8:50:16 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

Quoted:

What bullshit?
Sent an im to him about the silver coins asking if there was local pickup he said he was going to have a get together.

Never heard another word till I get an threatening Im from a mod saying I had to report to a thread or lose my account.

I never agreed to buy anything and was basically called out in a gd thread for not buying something I never agreed to buy,over something he dropped the ball on by not contacting me to buy it.

I figured he would contact me with the details and never read the thread he was posting updates in because he never told me to in the original threads.

And not even one fucking apology.

Link Posted: 1/5/2012 8:55:54 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:

I've only ever got one negative feedback, that was on Gunbroker and it was from Wendy Bailey (Todd Bailey's wife) of Special Weapons, even though it was their screw-up.

Being that it was from them, its almost a badge of honor.

you got as neg on GB from toad?  that is a badge of honor

Link Posted: 1/5/2012 9:05:58 PM EDT
[#17]
If someone has anything less than 100% feedback I tend to stay away from them.

I can understand it its an ebay seller that has done thousands of transactions.  But there is no real excuse for a guy on here who has done maybe 10 transactions to have less than perfect feedback.
Link Posted: 1/5/2012 9:08:39 PM EDT
[#18]
I saw someone with 33% the other day. I might be a little hesitant buying from them.
Link Posted: 1/5/2012 9:13:59 PM EDT
[#19]
Yeah I wont even think about it, I try my hardest to make all my deals go Good, fast shipping Fast Payment and I expect the same.

If you cant make good on your word, well you need to GTFO
Link Posted: 1/5/2012 9:15:59 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:

What bullshit?
Sent an im to him about the silver coins asking if there was local pickup he said he was going to have a get together.
Never heard another word till I get an threatening Im from a mod saying I had to report to a thread or lose my account.
I never agreed to buy anything and was basically called out in a gd thread for not buying something I never agreed to buy,over something he dropped the ball on by not contacting me to buy it.
I figured he would contact me with the details and never read the thread he was posting updates in because he never told me to in the original threads.

99.9% of everyone else followed the thread.

He put a shitload of his $$$ out, the least you could do was follow the thread.
Link Posted: 1/5/2012 9:25:12 PM EDT
[#21]
Mistakes are made. Misunderstandings happen. All too often, drama can arise from what should be a simple transaction. You rolls the dice, you takes your chances.
Link Posted: 1/5/2012 9:28:35 PM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:

What bullshit?

99.9% of everyone else followed the thread.

He put a shitload of his $$$ out, the least you could do was follow the thread.
He should have contacted me before calling me and quite a few others flakes in gd.

I never even agreed to buy any,just asked if there was local pickups.

And if he would have told me to follow the thread for news I would have but that was never said in the one IM we traded.

Link Posted: 1/5/2012 10:21:02 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
Yeah I wont even think about it, I try my hardest to make all my deals go Good, fast shipping Fast Payment and I expect the same.

If you cant make good on your word, well you need to GTFO

I usually feel like a dick if I don't ship within two days of receiving payment, or send payment within two days of claiming an item. But if I don't, I keep the other party updated on what's going on. I've bought from non-team members numerous times. I've never had a negative experience using our Equipment Exchange and I have done more transactions than my feedback indicates. Of course, clearly, YMMV. I have found myself being more cautious with purchases recently and check feedback, how long a person has been a member here, and their team member status. It really sucks people can't stick to their word. Hell, not long after I joined here I sold an EOTech for around $100 less than the EE going rate. Upon realizing what I had done, I agreed to honor my price to the person who purchased it even though they offered me a bit more cash. Integrity means more than a few bucks sometimes.
Link Posted: 1/5/2012 10:28:53 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
Mistakes are made. Misunderstandings happen. All too often, drama can arise from what should be a simple transaction. You rolls the dice, you takes your chances.

This. Shit does happen, and circumstances can really dictate things. For instance - I sold what I thought was an all original SAR-48 to a member here. I didn't even notice that someone had swapped out the ejector block with a surplus one. It's possible it was legitimately swapped out due to breakage or something; I honestly don't know. I knew it was an FA block but I figured that's how SAR-48's came...as this was the only one I had ever owned. I never really looked at the ejector block pins. The buyer did catch it, saw it was an FA block and noticed the finish on one of the pins was worn off, and called me on it, after finding photos and documentation that SAR-48s shipped with non-FA blocks. I was like WTF, I never even saw it...but hey, I sold it, and if it's not like the buyer was expecting then that was that. I offered him his money back ASAP; if he's not happy I'm not happy.

In the end it worked out, but sometimes just random shit you're not expecting can come up from out of nowhere and bite you on the ass. I for damn sure inspect shit I'm gonna sell from now on though
Link Posted: 1/5/2012 10:35:09 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
...?

I think; why the fuck are they still around?

I have seen it stated many times in the EE feedback forum that we have a zero tolerance policy on welching.

But it seems that some people slip through the cracks.

I was surprised that there was even a -1 option included in the new feedback system. It should be +1 or neutral; -1 issues should be worked out in the feedback forum. It someone welches and refuses to honor their word, they should be fucking banned, not continue with a "red -1".

Link Posted: 1/6/2012 1:02:04 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:

What bullshit?

He should have IM'ed each of the hundreds of people who responded to that thread?  Do you know how long that would take?  Why couldn't you just read the thread and do what it said, like the rest of us who successfully bought coins with little-to-no hassle and without IM threats from mods?

Interesting how like 75% of the people who wanted one were able to follow the directions and get one... I'm sure it was his fault though, it's not like he constantly posted updates or anything.
Link Posted: 1/6/2012 2:10:18 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:

What bullshit?

He should have IM'ed each of the hundreds of people who responded to that thread?  Do you know how long that would take?  Why couldn't you just read the thread and do what it said, like the rest of us who successfully bought coins with little-to-no hassle and without IM threats from mods?

Interesting how like 75% of the people who wanted one were able to follow the directions and get one... I'm sure it was his fault though, it's not like he constantly posted updates or anything.

If you do a group buy/sale you should be squared away enough to figure out that if you have a few guys that haven't checked into the thread that you should IM them letting them know to read the updates in the thread.  Ii don't know if that happened or not but that's the way I would of handled it.
Link Posted: 1/6/2012 2:57:46 AM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

What bullshit?

I don't see any neg. feedback on your account. So what does your little rant have to do with the feedback system? Nevermind, if you say "Sorta want" in a thread like that one; you get on the list. People on the list pay-up or contact the man saying to drop from the list. Sounds like you did neither.

Link Posted: 1/6/2012 3:02:00 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
.When you see someone with red negative feedback, you think to yourself:

What do I want for dinner.

I could care less about EE feedback.  I don't buy or sell on the EE
Link Posted: 1/6/2012 3:02:25 AM EDT
[#30]
Same thing as if I hear of bad things from any retailer: My money goes elsewhere.
Link Posted: 1/6/2012 3:04:35 AM EDT
[#31]
I pride myself with a perfect record.
Link Posted: 1/6/2012 3:09:39 AM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
I have made an error selling in the EE (honest mistake). But I worked hard to make it right. In the end, I got pos feedback from the buyer.

I'm learning the hard way to only buy from Team with pos feedback. Makes life easier. Not that everyone else is a crook, but an invested track record is good to see.

Crap happens CBB..   you were great to deal with and I would buy or sell with you again without a hesitation at all.
Link Posted: 1/6/2012 3:13:29 AM EDT
[#33]
i think the Feedbacks can be scammed for the EE, i recently bought something from a guy in my HTF and the guy didn't even have one of the parts he listed for sale. i was patient and allowed the guy to get the part, then the crazy part started, he did not send the parts when he said he would, he even drove to the town i live in, never contacted me after he said he would because he wrote down the wrong number and couldn't get in touch with me. i got pretty frustrated nad started a thread in my HTF asking what others would do, i still left his name out trying to take the high road. he got pissed when he saw the thread, contacted me, and still lied about the day the parts would be sent. i still have all the IM's if a mod ever wants to get involved, but i learned a lesson, all because someone has 77 positive feedback, do some digging, i found that 75 were from the same person.

long story short, i treat other peoples money like it's mine, and i go out of my way to ship things when i say i do, i keep people in the loop on every step, so everyone is on the same page
Link Posted: 1/6/2012 3:17:30 AM EDT
[#34]
Link Posted: 1/6/2012 3:29:38 AM EDT
[#35]

Quoted:

all because someone has 77 positive feedback, do some digging, i found that 75 were from the same person.

Were the 75 possibly from one of the EE Mods that transferred the feedback ratings from the old system into the new one?

Link Posted: 1/6/2012 3:32:48 AM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
If someone has anything less than 100% feedback I tend to stay away from them.

I can understand it its an ebay seller that has done thousands of transactions.  But there is no real excuse for a guy on here who has done maybe 10 transactions to have less than perfect feedback.

Yes there is.

Over the years I have busted my ass to keep things on the up and up. Some of the guys on this board have snagged things for me while I've been at sea and I always have made it a point to square up with them ASAP. I'm grateful for that.

However, there is always a jerk.

You CAREFULLY explain to someone that in order to get their whatever that you are going to have to fly to Arabia and ride a camel caravan for 12 weeks one way to procure said item and that they will not get the item for six months. You make them repeat it back to you several times. Six months, six months, six months, ad nauseum.

Payable when you receive said item.

Mark my words there are people out there that will email you the following day asking when the item is going to arrive.

The second day they will piss and moan and on the third day (before you ever get to Arabia, much less get on the camel caravan) they will go straight to the board and start telling everyone what kind of a dirty dealing asshole you are.

You start out trying to sell 4 tires for $100 and wind up giving him the tires, AND a check for $1000 AND installing the tires AND changing his oil AND washing an waxing his car. As a bonus you give him a $100 bottle of scotch AND let him fuck your sister and mark my words someone will complain.

All you can do with feedback is spot general trends.

Less than 100% doesn't really mean a whole lot.

Know why I have 100% feedback on eBay?

Simple. Because eBay won't allow bad feedback on someone that does what I do. When I but something I pay for it INSTANTLY. Buy it now 0936, paypal sent, 0937.

I truly believe that if eBay would permit it that there would be SOMEBODY that would have left me bad feedback for some reason or another.

There are people out there that would complain if you shot them with a BRAND NEW batch of LC 12.

Link Posted: 1/6/2012 5:26:33 AM EDT
[#37]
You know what else I didn't do?say Id fucking buy any.

I posted this Im in his call out  thread,this is my only contact with him.

To:ilikeporkchops
Date:7/2/2011 8:20:47 PM MST      
Subject:Re: silver coin.

yes, I was actually wanting to make a day
of it. BBQ and some drinks as well as a "yard sale" type of thing,
where we all bring out our extra gun-crap and try and sell it to each
other... or at least a meet-n-greet deal at a bar&grill someplace...
Would there be a chance of a local pick up?

Thanks.

Eric

Where the fuck did I commit to anything and how the hell does that IM warrant a fucking shitty IM from m4madness?I never even posted in the fucking thread.what you see above is the only I repeat ONLY correspondence we had.
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

What bullshit?

I don't see any neg. feedback on your account. So what does your little rant have to do with the feedback system? Nevermind, if you say "Sorta want" in a thread like that one; you get on the list. People on the list pay-up or contact the man saying to drop from the list. Sounds like you did neither  

Link Posted: 1/6/2012 2:09:55 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

Quoted:
all because someone has 77 positive feedback, do some digging, i found that 75 were from the same person.

Were the 75 possibly from one of the EE Mods that transferred the feedback ratings from the old system into the new one?

lol, could it be
Link Posted: 1/6/2012 2:19:52 PM EDT
[#39]
Link Posted: 1/6/2012 2:21:19 PM EDT
[#40]
Link Posted: 1/6/2012 2:27:55 PM EDT
[#41]
I must be slipping. I have yet to see even one red mark.
Link Posted: 1/6/2012 2:36:18 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

So you're saying you wouldn't buy from me because I don't have an avatar? Good to know. There are plenty who were here before me, but I can assure you that I had an avatar before you joined the site. Just because I don't have a fun little picture doesn't mean I conduct shady EE deals. Just because someone has a nifty picture under their name, doesn't make them honest.
Link Posted: 1/6/2012 2:37:40 PM EDT
[#43]
Just a test.  will edit in a sec.

Edit , I never sold or bought anything on the EE .

Goodguy credit or what. The wife noticed it , and my gast was flabber.  
Link Posted: 1/6/2012 2:38:50 PM EDT
[#44]
I've had some pretty good results from 90% of the dealings I've done on EE, as far as selling.
I've had one guy agree to a price, and I posted SPF on the gun.
Then he started welching on the price like he didn't want the case with the gun, minus so many mags, etc then offered $200 less for the gun.
A couple of other times people said "I'll take it!" then didn't respond.
I just said screw it because I had other people lined up.
I do imagine that one or two of those incidents were a mistake.
I know I'm not perfect so I don't really worry about it.
Everything I've bought on EE has been great because i do pay close attention to their feedback.
Link Posted: 1/6/2012 2:49:35 PM EDT
[#45]
I've learned the hard way to not believe the ratings - good or bad, especially the good.  I've never used the EE but on other sites, I have had good dealings with sellers that have negs in their history and really bad dealings with sellers whose history was stellar.  And when I buy or sell, I never leave ratings unless the other party asks.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top