A web site for whining Cops. Go figure.
Whining FF's were why I
I believed the union wasn't a "safe haven" for substandard performance, and that it shouldn't be used as a "club" to try to beat on the Chief, because he was an asshole (he was & is, but that's BTP). The whiners won. Fuck 'em.
My new rules:
Show up on time
Do my (F*'n) job
Go home at the end of shift.
Don't trust a "brother", unless he's covered your back in the past. I have about 4 coworkers I consider brothers. the rest are dinosaurs who're pissed because they were passed over, or young guys who are pissed because "Department X*" didn't hire them / call them yet.
* "Department X" is the magic department where the rules are applied fairly, and are followed all the time by everybody;
Pay is truly compensatory for the time you spend away from your family and the shit you deal with in the street;
You get fully paid bennies from day one, including paid time off for non job related schooling, dependent health bennies, and unlimited sick time w/o MD slips;
The vehicles are new;
You have an abundance of manpower;
Any equipment you want is provided for you;
All ideas are welcomed with open arms;
And your coworkers are friendly and knowledgeable (but not more so than you)
'Scuse me... I need to go smoke s'more crack....
Tango7 - "the asshole"
Rules of the job.
1. Don't be a whiner (THIS is rule No. 1)
2. Do your job. (See rule No. 1)
3. Don't complain when you get a call, run your call and resolve it. (See rule No. 1)
4. Don't talk about your personal hells to your co-workers. They have 'em of their own. (See rule No. 1)
5. Don't mo-fo coworkers AT work (See rule No. 1)
6. Don't attend Mo-Fo tail gate gatherings. (See rule No. 1)
7. The LESS anyone knows about you, the better for YOU. (See rule No. 1)
8. Trust no one completely and bare in mind there are those who believe they can make their job easier by ratting you out. (See rule No. 1)
9. Don't rat. (See rule No. 1) *put the cheese down*
10. Don't hang out with dispatch (See rule No. 1) (It doesn't matter how big her bahooies are)
11. Don't hang out with the SUPs (See rule No. 1)
12. Don't hang out at the station (See rule No. 1)
13. Don't be a union kiss ass (See rule No. 1)
14. Don't ask for ANYTHING above what you would expect toneed to be able to do your job and don't have PROBLEMS with or AT work (See rule No. 1)
When all else fails.... Rule No. 1 applies.