Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 12/29/2003 8:21:04 PM EDT
Will it be legal to take a post-ban weapon you bought during the ban and say put an upper on it with a f/s and bayo lug?  Those features will, after all, be legal again.  Just wondering what the AR15.com consensus is...
Link Posted: 12/29/2003 8:22:43 PM EDT
[#1]
Provided there is no replacement to the bill, yes.
Link Posted: 12/29/2003 8:27:03 PM EDT
[#2]
WHEN the ban goes away... all that "pre-ban/post-ban" crap will be moot.  All the features will be on equal terms again.
Link Posted: 12/29/2003 8:35:08 PM EDT
[#3]
Legal...yes.

Smart...no.

It would be much more cost-effective to install the goodies on your post-ban upper. [:D]
Link Posted: 12/29/2003 8:40:50 PM EDT
[#4]
have a new, pre-ban barrel on hand...say by Sept 12th.
Link Posted: 12/30/2003 4:41:27 AM EDT
[#5]
yes
Link Posted: 12/30/2003 4:46:23 AM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 12/30/2003 4:50:15 AM EDT
[#7]
but  ... if the .gov doesnt say I CANT have it anymore.....

then why do I want it?

[:D]

ps..

Morning everybody!

< 257 day 16 hours 10 min.... but whos counting..!
Link Posted: 12/30/2003 5:44:31 AM EDT
[#8]
Two things....
1) There will be a replacement.  I envision it being MORE restrictive than the one we have now.  Don't believe me?  I hope you're right, but I doubt it.
2) As cluster said, all the gee-whiz and way-cool factor of the pre-ban crap will go away IF the ban is not renewed.  People will rush right out initially to buy a bayonet-lugged gun, but after awhile folks will wonder why they were so antsy to have the damn things to begin with.
Link Posted: 12/30/2003 7:30:23 AM EDT
[#9]
We all try to get folks to contact their congressmen, but how many actually do? If we are lulled into thinking that all will go right because 'someone else' is working hard, then we will lose out.

And most importantly, if we think that just because we are talking about it, that the anti-gun libs are not talking about it as well, then our naivete' (sp) will bite us in the butt when we arent looking.
Link Posted: 12/30/2003 7:44:16 AM EDT
[#10]
Imagine for a moment if a replacement DID get passed, but there was a 30 day lapse between the two laws.

"So, is this an old pre-ban or new pre-ban, and is that 'post-ban' a post-ban from before the 'new' ban?"

[thinking]

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top