Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 9/14/2010 4:45:45 PM EDT
Watching a youtube video on tourettes.

Is this real?  I mean I know it is, but damn dude its just so over the top.

Does anyone here have it?  What happens?  How do you deal with it?

Someone posted a tourettes guy video in a thread so I began watching others.

I sort of feel bad but some times I just cant help but laugh!!!

Heres the show Im watching:

Link Posted: 9/14/2010 4:47:37 PM EDT
[#1]
Shit, piss , cocksucker, motherfucker.......

Dam sorry dude.

Link Posted: 9/14/2010 4:48:41 PM EDT
[#2]

Link Posted: 9/14/2010 4:49:45 PM EDT
[#3]
I have a friend with very mild symptoms.  He just has some facial twitching, and head movement.  He said its very rare for him to blurt out any sounds or words, and I've never seen it happen to him.

All that being said, even he agrees it can be hilarious.
Link Posted: 9/14/2010 4:51:32 PM EDT
[#4]
I have 2 friends that have really mild cases. They blink their eyes more than normal, not just blink but full muscle close. Neither cuss like you would think, but both CLEARLY have issues filtering what should be said and what shouldn't. One, has no idea he has it. I'm not going to tell him.
Link Posted: 9/14/2010 4:53:26 PM EDT
[#5]
South Park's take on it was hilarious.
Link Posted: 9/14/2010 4:54:15 PM EDT
[#6]
FUCK SALT
Link Posted: 9/14/2010 4:54:54 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
FUCK SALT

DON"T TALK SHIT ABOUT TOTAL
Link Posted: 9/14/2010 4:55:04 PM EDT
[#8]
I work in a major hospital system in my area in the neurology department (administration not medical staff).  It is a real condition. most of the patients that i've encountered that have the diagnosis tend to just have the twitching or spastic movements.  I've never heard any of them yell the random stuff like seen in some of the videos.  

I'm not saying that doesn't happen, but I think the outbursts and such are manifested in the more severe cases.  (once again, I'm not a doctor, just my observation of patients in the clinic)

Link Posted: 9/14/2010 4:56:20 PM EDT
[#9]
My prayers go out for those who are afflicted with it.
Link Posted: 9/14/2010 4:57:25 PM EDT
[#10]
I have the tourettes guy soundboard on my droid x and its one hell of a good time.
Link Posted: 9/14/2010 5:02:27 PM EDT
[#11]

Link Posted: 9/14/2010 5:03:40 PM EDT
[#12]

Bob Wiley: You ever hear of Tourette's syndrome? Involuntarily shouting profanity?
Dr. Leo Marvin: It's exceptionally rare.
Bob Wiley: Shit-eating son-of-a-bitch! Bastard, douche-bag, twat, numb-nuts, dickhead, BITCH!
Dr. Leo Marvin: Why exactly are you doing this?
Bob Wiley: If I fake it, then I don't have it.

Link Posted: 9/14/2010 5:03:55 PM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 9/14/2010 5:04:11 PM EDT
[#14]
F-ING TOURETTES!!!!

HOW DOES IT WORK?
Link Posted: 9/14/2010 5:04:31 PM EDT
[#15]

Link Posted: 9/14/2010 5:04:46 PM EDT
[#16]
PISS! PISS OUT MY ASS!
Link Posted: 9/14/2010 5:05:15 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
Shit, piss , cocksucker, motherfucker.......

Dam sorry dude.

First post..............
Link Posted: 9/14/2010 5:05:56 PM EDT
[#18]
I have a student with tourettes, he does not curse, he just ceases up and looks at you funny.

I get him calmed down by letting him color something... Other than that, nice kid - very sharp.
Link Posted: 9/14/2010 5:06:00 PM EDT
[#19]

Vulva!!!!

Big Big Titties!
Link Posted: 9/14/2010 5:09:54 PM EDT
[#20]
Link Posted: 9/14/2010 5:13:05 PM EDT
[#21]

That was hilarious. I about died when the bird flew into his face.
Link Posted: 9/14/2010 5:14:27 PM EDT
[#22]
I used to have a co-worker with tourettes, his strain did not make him cuss. It would cause him to yell and spit like he was possessed by a Demon. He would start shaking ,twisting his head, screaming for

god to help him, and spitting shit everywhere.  He would be cool ,calm and normal one second, than he would just start yelling out shit and twisting head around like in the Exorcist. It is pretty hard to

describe it but it was creepy. We used to call him "Rainbird"

Nice guy though, just keep your kids from him, he would scare the shit out of them.
Link Posted: 9/14/2010 5:16:04 PM EDT
[#23]
I can't imagine the embarrassment that would come along with some of the more severe symptoms.
Link Posted: 9/14/2010 5:18:01 PM EDT
[#24]
I have a friend at church with it. I've never heard her cuss. She just yips and jerks her head. You get used to it.
Link Posted: 9/14/2010 5:18:20 PM EDT
[#25]
Link Posted: 9/14/2010 5:23:13 PM EDT
[#26]
In before DIPPERS tells everyone its fake and just a way to get attention because people were brought up wrong as kids...
Link Posted: 9/14/2010 5:46:32 PM EDT
[#27]
Why is Tourette's always crude?

Why can't it be polite...

"YOU HAVE A NICE SMILE! YOU HAVE A NICE SMILE! YOU HAVE A NICE SMILE!!!

GOOD SHOES.

GOOD SHOES.

THANKS AGAIN BREADBASKET!"
Link Posted: 9/14/2010 5:51:27 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

That was hilarious. I about died when the bird flew into his face.

Link Posted: 9/14/2010 5:52:30 PM EDT
[#29]
FUCK YOU HEAD & SHOULDERS
Link Posted: 9/14/2010 5:59:27 PM EDT
[#30]
1st post !  Perfect
Link Posted: 9/14/2010 6:01:55 PM EDT
[#31]
Fuck! Ass!
Link Posted: 9/14/2010 6:03:17 PM EDT
[#32]

Quoted:

GOOD SHOES.

GOOD SHOES.

I've always wondered this myself.  Though the one guy says Bob Saget.

Link Posted: 9/14/2010 6:05:14 PM EDT
[#33]

Quoted:

Quoted:

GOOD SHOES.

GOOD SHOES.

Did someone say Bob Saget? Needs more tit dirt...

Link Posted: 9/14/2010 6:09:07 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
I work in a major hospital system in my area in the neurology department (administration not medical staff).  It is a real condition. most of the patients that i've encountered that have the diagnosis tend to just have the twitching or spastic movements.  I've never heard any of them yell the random stuff like seen in some of the videos.  

I'm not saying that doesn't happen, but I think the outbursts and such are manifested in the more severe cases.  (once again, I'm not a doctor, just my observation of patients in the clinic)

I worked in a psychiatric hospital for a couple years and this is my impression as well.  The entertaining version of the illness is very rare, despite what adolescent patients will tell you.

Link Posted: 9/14/2010 6:20:13 PM EDT
[#35]
Fuck booger vulture vomit cocksucker adam ant!
Link Posted: 9/14/2010 6:41:52 PM EDT
[#36]

Quoted:

Quoted:

GOOD SHOES.

GOOD SHOES.

From what I understand, its because its a perverse anxiety disorder.  The ticks are triggered by anxiety, and since they are anxious/embarrassed that they will cuss, that is what makes them tick out.  Being polite/nice does not trip the anxiety in their head, so they don't tick out that way.

Poster above mentioned head twisting like...  I knew a guy like that.  He would twist his head and snort.  He also did the real heavy pronounced blinking and twitching.  Weird guy....

Link Posted: 9/14/2010 6:43:55 PM EDT
[#37]
I used to work with a cop who had Tourettes.

(And no, that's not the beginning of a joke. Absolutely true.)
Link Posted: 9/14/2010 6:47:26 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
I have a student with tourettes, he does not curse, he just ceases up and looks at you funny.

I get him calmed down by letting him color something... Other than that, nice kid - very sharp.

What do you mean by "he just ceases up?" Do you mean "seizes up?"

Link Posted: 9/14/2010 6:51:33 PM EDT
[#39]
It is involuntary.

A kid at school growing up, just thought he was a little strange.  He'd blink his eyes and kind of twitch his head over to the side.  Sometimes a little cough or throat clearing sound with it.  No cursing.

Did you ever see some of the old Andy Griffith, Mayberry episodes where he would deal with Ernest T. Bass?  At the time he was just thought to be quirky, but now I know he was portraying someone with Tourette's.
Link Posted: 9/14/2010 7:05:39 PM EDT
[#40]
A friend of mine has a mild version of it.  He takes medication to control it ond most of the time he's fine, but when the dose is wearing thin he just make involuntary noises.  Nothing like the stereotypical swear torrent, just odd-sounding grunts, mostly.
Link Posted: 9/14/2010 7:13:56 PM EDT
[#41]
I had a buddy who had it growing up, poor bastard had a doc who put him on massive amphetamines in cycles.
It made the kids batshit crazy from sleep deprivation for a bit.
It learned to deal with it and kind of got his stuff together.
Link Posted: 9/14/2010 8:00:48 PM EDT
[#42]
Eat me, Bailey
oh, and this has at least a dozen COC violations

Link Posted: 9/14/2010 8:19:47 PM EDT
[#43]
I watched a documentary on it. I got the impression the swearing is because the patients are frustrated about the tics.  The swearing isn't the actual symptom of the disorder.
Link Posted: 9/14/2010 8:30:51 PM EDT
[#44]
Jim Eisenreich managed to play major league baseball while suffering the tics.  He had to take some down time when it got difficult to deal with.
Link Posted: 9/14/2010 8:32:31 PM EDT
[#45]

Quoted:

I have a friend with very mild symptoms. He just has some facial twitching, and head movement. He said its very rare for him to blurt out any sounds or words, and I've never seen it happen to him.

All that being said, even he agrees it can be hilarious.

Had a bud in Oklahoma who had it. Just twitched and made this odd little "krrrnt" noise with his throat.

It annoyed him greatly.

Link Posted: 9/14/2010 8:35:19 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

"You have the FUCK right to ASS remain silent.  Anything you say can will be used against you in a CUMBUCKET court of law."
Link Posted: 9/14/2010 8:52:22 PM EDT
[#47]
My dad has Tourettes.

He's 77 and lives with us over the summers. As long as he has some sort of stimulation and distraction,he's able to keep most of his tics/catch phrases to a bare minumum but if he doesn't have his hearing aid in and is getting ready for bed or whatnot,he's much more prone to expressing them.

It's a little embarassing when I have guests to explain that no,he isn't talking about them. Like many, his phrases are very sexual,which is exactly what you want to hear from a 77 year old man. I have no earthly idea how many times I have heard " I wanna fuck her" or " gotta eat that cunt" but I barely even notice anymore.

Link Posted: 9/15/2010 3:54:22 AM EDT
[#48]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

GOOD SHOES.

GOOD SHOES.

From what I understand, its because its a perverse anxiety disorder.  The ticks are triggered by anxiety, and since they are anxious/embarrassed that they will cuss, that is what makes them tick out.  Being polite/nice does not trip the anxiety in their head, so they don't tick out that way.

Poster above mentioned head twisting like...  I knew a guy like that.  He would twist his head and snort.  He also did the real heavy pronounced blinking and twitching.  Weird guy....

So if a guy that has it but has never been exposed to cursing, what would they do?

Link Posted: 9/15/2010 4:18:25 AM EDT
[#49]

Quoted:

I went to an in-service school with one (we all were the popo). He had very weird

twitches in his face, but they only happened when he spoke longer than a couple

of sentences. It looked like he was being electrocuted. I remember thinking that if

I was stopped by this guy and he started that I figured I was a dead man. It looked

very creepy.

Link Posted: 9/15/2010 4:23:37 AM EDT
[#50]
BALLSUCK
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top