Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/22/2001 6:19:58 PM EDT
Picked this up in the gravel at a recent shoot. Appears to be some sort of military multi tool. The center boss pivots 360 degrees and is treaded. I assume that is for a cleaning rod. The slot in the right end has  a recess that spans about 120 degrees. Perhaps a pin limits the range of the feature being turned by the slot?

Anyhow, what is this things function?

[img]http://members.home.net/bigdb/pictures/auction/thing.jpg[/img]
Link Posted: 10/22/2001 6:24:23 PM EDT
[#1]
Cleaning rod handle for a M1??

OSA
Link Posted: 10/22/2001 6:25:24 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 10/22/2001 6:25:39 PM EDT
[#3]
Never seen one, BUT itlooks like the slot in the back could hold a lever so it can be used as a screwdriver.
Link Posted: 10/22/2001 6:26:35 PM EDT
[#4]
cleaning rod handle/disassembly tool if I was guessing
Link Posted: 10/22/2001 8:07:07 PM EDT
[#5]
bigdb1, combo tool for M-14 screw driver blade on one end, the hole on other end, round, is to slide a rod section through for a T handle. The same end usually has a flat steel part in the slot there. That end also can be used to take your bolt apart. Center hole is to attach the rod, swivels so it woun't loosen. There was one for late model M-1 rifles too looked similar.

Jim
Link Posted: 10/22/2001 8:44:19 PM EDT
[#6]
It's an M10 combo tool for the M1 Garand, The missing piece is for disassembling the bolt. Not a rare item but it can be real handy if you have an M1.
Link Posted: 10/22/2001 8:59:40 PM EDT
[#7]
I knew I'd get the answer here. Thanks to all!

Maybe I can convince Her Majesty I need a rifle to use it on... "But baby, it'd be a shame to let it go to waste."[[:P]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top