Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 10/22/2001 6:19:58 PM EDT
Picked this up in the gravel at a recent shoot. Appears to be some sort of military multi tool. The center boss pivots 360 degrees and is treaded. I assume that is for a cleaning rod. The slot in the right end has a recess that spans about 120 degrees. Perhaps a pin limits the range of the feature being turned by the slot? Anyhow, what is this things function? [img]http://members.home.net/bigdb/pictures/auction/thing.jpg[/img]
Link Posted: 10/22/2001 6:24:23 PM EDT
Cleaning rod handle for a M1?? OSA
Link Posted: 10/22/2001 6:25:24 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 10/22/2001 6:22:29 PM EDT by raf]
Link Posted: 10/22/2001 6:25:39 PM EDT
Never seen one, BUT itlooks like the slot in the back could hold a lever so it can be used as a screwdriver.
Link Posted: 10/22/2001 6:26:35 PM EDT
cleaning rod handle/disassembly tool if I was guessing
Link Posted: 10/22/2001 8:07:07 PM EDT
bigdb1, combo tool for M-14 screw driver blade on one end, the hole on other end, round, is to slide a rod section through for a T handle. The same end usually has a flat steel part in the slot there. That end also can be used to take your bolt apart. Center hole is to attach the rod, swivels so it woun't loosen. There was one for late model M-1 rifles too looked similar. Jim
Link Posted: 10/22/2001 8:44:19 PM EDT
It's an M10 combo tool for the M1 Garand, The missing piece is for disassembling the bolt. Not a rare item but it can be real handy if you have an M1.
Link Posted: 10/22/2001 8:59:40 PM EDT
I knew I'd get the answer here. Thanks to all! Maybe I can convince Her Majesty I need a rifle to use it on... "But baby, it'd be a shame to let it go to waste."[[:P]
Top Top