Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 2/20/2001 11:07:09 AM EDT
Who has the longest processing time to get there AW registration back?
Link Posted: 2/20/2001 5:53:25 PM EDT
[#1]
Sent mine on 12-22 have yet to hear back.
Link Posted: 2/22/2001 6:25:18 AM EDT
[#2]
Sent my first one in Nov 25, received the USPS return receipt week later.  Check never has been cashed.   Faxed in a copy on Jan 22 and sent the card and another check on Feb 5th.  Received back USPS return receipt a week later.  No movement on the checking acount.  I did notice something different on the return receipts, the first one just had a bunch of circular squiggles for the signature, this last one had a DOJ stamp on it.  

I know I've done my part, it just sucks the Kali SUCKS!

Forgot to mention, I have not received my reg back from the DOJ. Not heard a peep from them.
Link Posted: 2/22/2001 7:11:43 PM EDT
[#3]
One of my buds send in his on 12-10-00. He called the DOJ last week and was told that if he dosn't hear from them by 4-01-01 then he never will. I thought if they got the paper work before the cut off date them it would be ok. Now he talking about selling it. Bad stuff.

red man
Link Posted: 2/23/2001 5:51:09 AM EDT
[#4]
I spoke to someone at DOJ the other day and they said they are just starting to process mid to late December applications. I was not aware of a cut off date. They said that they recieved MANY apps in dec and jan. Good luck to all.
Link Posted: 2/23/2001 12:02:53 PM EDT
[#5]
My brother in the Los Angeles area sent his card and check in around July or August.  He heard back in around 4 to 5 weeks.  But, he says that many, many people waited until the last minute and then, I guess when there appeared to be no hope [>Q], y'all flood them with registration requests.  You can bet they sure as heck ain't going to hire on a bunch of new, extra staff because y'all were waiting to see if a judge in shining armor on a white horse was going to come to your rescue. [8] Good luck to y'all.
Link Posted: 2/24/2001 6:59:54 AM EDT
[#6]
Sent it in first week of November, they didn't like my thumb print and sent it back before Thanksgiving.  Sent new improved thumbprint first week of December, received confirmation third week of January.
Link Posted: 2/27/2001 10:09:12 AM EDT
[#7]
Express Mailed the initial paperwork & 20 bucks on 12/26, was received by DOJ 12/27. Not a peep to date-2/27. Emailed an inquiry taday to the DOJ web site. I'll let you know if I get a reply.
Link Posted: 2/27/2001 10:18:52 AM EDT
[#8]
I've had good luck by calling the AW division number. They returned my voice mails the same day. They just said that they are flooded and are working on mid december apps as of a week ago.
Link Posted: 2/27/2001 5:52:40 PM EDT
[#9]
Here's the reply I received from DOJ a few hours after asking how long the registration process is currently taking. I take it to mean that if you sent in your paperwork end of December, look for the OK in April.

"Due to the tremendous amount of applications submitted during the month of December, the Department of Justice is experiencing a backlog in processing the applications. You may expect to receive your confirmation of registration within four to six weeks.

If you have further questions or need additional assistance, please contact the Firearms Division at (916) 227-3703."
Link Posted: 4/28/2001 6:36:03 AM EDT
[#10]
I received my "PAPERS" Monday, April 23. I sent them in on December 29. It took them lmost 4 months to notify me. The law stated the DOJ was to respond to applicants within 30 days. I will now be applying for a refund of the $20 application fee. If you e-mail me I'll forward you a Bay Area Firearms alert that has a PDF file explaining how to get yours.
Link Posted: 4/28/2001 7:19:08 AM EDT
[#11]
I'm still waiting for my RR info from 1989.
Link Posted: 4/29/2001 1:25:50 PM EDT
[#12]
I got back the certified mail reciept saying that DOJ got my shit on 31 DEC, and I haven't heard a thing back from them yet.
Link Posted: 4/30/2001 12:40:02 PM EDT
[#13]
Ahh Molon...

I read some of that too, but I decided it would be best to keep my big mouth shut.  For a few reasons:

1.  If I did start acting like a lawyer, claiming right to a refund, they'd figure they had proof that I had explicit knowledge of the remaining laws on the books.

2.  I'd probably be noted as a potential troublemaker when the SHTF.

3.  When they came for the guns, they'd come for the ones that weren't paid for first!

And oh yes, I'm keeping copies of EVERYTHING, including the check that was submitted, and later cashed by them.

Link Posted: 4/30/2001 12:42:49 PM EDT
[#14]
Oh yeah, and in response to the question originally posted...  December 28th to April 19th.
Link Posted: 4/30/2001 9:51:48 PM EDT
[#15]
i mailed mine in the last weekof dec. and i just got mine back - got a letter stating my registratin was approved and i now have a 'record number'.

i thought i would get a card of somekind to carry - but i guess not.  gonna make copies of my 'record' and keep it in my range bag

steve
Link Posted: 5/1/2001 1:58:27 PM EDT
[#16]
Sent my in the middle of December and got it back last month or something like that. Don't give up hope yet.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top