Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 6/28/2015 6:09:02 PM EDT

Red car makes U turn right in front of CRV. No place to go. Just made witness statement.
Link Posted: 6/28/2015 6:12:30 PM EDT
[#1]
Drunk teenage russians getting t boned after running a red.

Totaled the shit out of their hooptie, chick that hit them was in a fullsize truck.
Link Posted: 6/28/2015 6:12:50 PM EDT
[#2]

My dog just had an accident on the floor. I witnessed it and grabbed him up to throw him outside, but was partially too late.

Link Posted: 6/28/2015 6:13:59 PM EDT
[#3]
Saw a girl get hit by a car just off of the NDSU campus in March.
Link Posted: 6/28/2015 6:16:13 PM EDT
[#4]
Haven't witnessed many.. but responded to a LOT... some I'd like to forget!

When the majority of your roads are two lane county and state roads with fairly high speed limits.... wrecks can be pretty horrific, with low survival rates!

We just lost a close family friend and former co-worker of my wife... young girl.. pretty and full of life! I wasn't on duty but some of the guys that knew her were.... Toyota corolla with four adults and two children, one in a car seat, veered into her lane.. head on.... Five fatalities....
Link Posted: 6/28/2015 6:19:17 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 6/28/2015 6:19:38 PM EDT
[#6]
That Accordion is done.

Ouch, good thing nobody was in the passenger seat.

Last accident I saw was a chick in a prius that got cut off by a 4runner that she then piled into. Happened in front of a jobsite I was working on.
Both drivers were uninjured.

Chick in the Prius was ridiculously hot, walked on to the construction site and tracked me down to get a statement and my contact info.
One of those "ooh…. Oh wait, I am not single" moments.
Link Posted: 6/28/2015 6:22:50 PM EDT
[#7]
Where I have my office has had at least 2-3 wrecks a month out front.  Last time we called 911 actually had a nice chat about how the city really needs to make some changes to the area.
Link Posted: 6/28/2015 6:23:20 PM EDT
[#8]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

My dog just had an accident on the floor. I witnessed it and grabbed him up to throw him outside, but was partially too late.

View Quote

While down with and thoroughly wrecked by bronchitis recently...
I found an "accident" under the computer table.  While crawling around down there trying to clean it up with paper towels and household wetwipe towels, I began to smell it.  My nose started watering, then running like a faucet.  I began chokeing and coughing while trapped on all fours under that table. --> Which quickly turned to uncontrollable retching.

Thanks, whoeverthefuck animal left that "surprise" for a sick person.  Must have been their Animal Right.
Link Posted: 6/28/2015 6:26:05 PM EDT
[#9]
Watched a couple of old ladies in a minivan do a U-turn right in front of a guy and his 10 year old daughter on a Harley that I was first in traffic behind.  I saw the minivan pull to the shoulder and thought "She going to make a U-turn.  I hope she doesn't turn until the bike's gone past." and right then she swung around to the shoulder on the opposite side.

Guy on the bike locked up and dumped the bike instead of laying it down.  In the end the guy had a broken shoulder and his daughter was bruised, all because Gramma missed her turn at the Y and then couldn't wait to pull her U-turn.
Link Posted: 6/28/2015 6:27:00 PM EDT
[#10]
Asian guy in Accordian was slumped over all the way to curb after impact. Knocked out cold. I ran to him first to stop his car from rolling back into traffic then over to CRV guy.
Link Posted: 6/28/2015 6:32:32 PM EDT
[#11]
Nissan Armada drifting off highway and over correcting leading to rollover.  Happened at about 80 mph on northbound I-25 near Fort Collins a week or so ago.  Lots of people climbing out after it came to a halt.  We were two cars behind and in the next lane.  Hit the road as soon as popo arrived on scene.

G
Link Posted: 6/28/2015 6:44:46 PM EDT
[#12]
A few years ago, on my way home from work. At the Harry Hines/Regal Row intersection, somebody making a left turn when they didn't have an arrow.  Called DPD to report it, they requested I hang around til they get there.  I waited for like 40 minutes, took forever.  Then some hot ass female DPD officer shows up to ask me about it and suddenly I didn't want to leave.
Link Posted: 6/28/2015 6:52:36 PM EDT
[#13]
Well, this is the worst I have seen in a while..............march of 13...unfortunately I was in the drivers seat..............

I saw a small rear ender at a stop light a few weeks ago..but the one was only doing about 5mph when he hit the stopped car....I think he was texting and just not paying attention...
Link Posted: 6/28/2015 6:54:03 PM EDT
[#14]
About 2340 a week or so ago, I was headed home from a buddies place. A lady headed the other way at highway speed on a bike locked up the rear and high sided trying not to hit a spare tire in the road. She came of and slid about 80 yards, past me. Pulled over, rolled the window down, and could hear her screaming. She had full gear on, and was on her back. I parked in the median and ran over to her.

Not much I could do, just talked to her, and kept people from trying to take her helmet and gear off. Told a couple guys to try and make sure we didn't get run over in the middle of the road. One of them moved his F250 to block us, fire truck style.

Felt like an eternity before an ambulance rolled up.
Link Posted: 6/28/2015 6:59:24 PM EDT
[#15]
last one I witnessed was on June 6th. I watched, in the mirror a 20something girl rear-end my brand new car. I couldn't move because I was in heavy traffic.  She only hit me going about 15 MPH and the repair is going to run about $2000. She is fully insured, so that's good and nobody got hurt.
Link Posted: 6/28/2015 7:04:36 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
Well, this is the worst I have seen in a while..............march of 13...unfortunately I was in the drivers seat..............
<a href="http://s266.photobucket.com/user/AKSNOWRIDER_2008/media/denali/1619794710518089523_zps8ea7fdb7.jpg.html" target="_blank">http://i266.photobucket.com/albums/ii265/AKSNOWRIDER_2008/denali/1619794710518089523_zps8ea7fdb7.jpg</a>

I saw a small rear ender at a stop light a few weeks ago..but the one was only doing about 5mph when he hit the stopped car....I think he was texting and just not paying attention...
View Quote

Link Posted: 6/28/2015 7:05:58 PM EDT
[#17]
a week ago, 2 fatalities in 2 car MVA
Link Posted: 6/28/2015 7:06:41 PM EDT
[#18]
Saw a SUV get Tboned and roll over on its side a couple weeks ago on my way to work.
Link Posted: 6/28/2015 7:08:58 PM EDT
[#19]
Only ever witnessed one
Brand new driver three or four days after taking her road test, pulled out  in front of a big box truck.
Truck rode up over her car and tipped over
Link Posted: 6/28/2015 7:09:59 PM EDT
[#20]
... I'll just say, been lucky that it's been decades
Link Posted: 6/28/2015 7:11:52 PM EDT
[#21]
Traveling on Hwy 90 towards Morgan City years ago, Had a Hotshot truck coming towards us in the other lane.
Swerving around a little bit, then Wham!! overcorrected, sideways, then rolled at around 60 mph.
His cargo was an 8' x 10' ConEx Box. Came rolling down the road, jumped the 2' high divider into my lane like
a 3500 pound Die (Singular of Dice)
Missed us, but the accident was almost in my shorts.

A good friend was FHP on the Turnpike Extension for 5 years, out of Homestead.
Plenty of accidents, but he said he never had an on scene fatality. he wasn't sure
they all made it out of the hospital, but not for him to see.
Link Posted: 6/28/2015 7:15:31 PM EDT
[#22]
Link Posted: 6/28/2015 7:20:09 PM EDT
[#23]
A car at a complete stop at a green light waiting to turn left, I'm stopped next to it waiting to turn right. The light turned yellow then I hear a car speed up behind us. Some idiot not paying attention tried to beat the yellow/red light and didn't notice the stopped car. Full on no brakes 45mph and gaining impact.
Link Posted: 6/28/2015 7:25:46 PM EDT
[#24]
My own  Dumbsh*t did a California stop at a 4 way stop. I was waiting there too, first set of cars go, then I go but suddenly on my right, mr. dumbass doesn't come to complete stop and bumpers meet. It wasn't bad though, only a paint scuff on my ARB bumper and probably 500 to 1k damage to the plastic bumper/grill on the Lexus SUV.
Link Posted: 6/28/2015 7:38:23 PM EDT
[#25]
Yeah, mine. Black ice roll over at 65 mph while coming home after the bad weather in Dallas. I was well clear of any area of precipitation and had been going south on a dry, clear road at night for about 80 miles. Never underestimate the weather's ability to jack with you.
Link Posted: 6/28/2015 7:39:57 PM EDT
[#26]
My own... It sucked since i was in my less than a year old truck.

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 6/28/2015 7:44:44 PM EDT
[#27]
Witnessed myself T Bone a 16 yr old girl that cut me off. My GMC 2500 vs her F250
Link Posted: 6/28/2015 7:45:10 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
One where a lady died, I cannot post pics due to HIPPA laws and all that shit.

It was a pretty bad experience.
View Quote

HIPAA does not pertain to  things of public knowledge.
Link Posted: 6/28/2015 7:48:11 PM EDT
[#29]
Beginning of the year pedestrian hit by car going about 50. He didn't make it
Link Posted: 6/28/2015 7:49:27 PM EDT
[#30]
Woman in an SUV smacking a Miata in Austin. Just a fender bender from what I could tell.

Guy was an enthusiast too, had a visible roll bar and other goodies

That was a while back, haven't seen that many happen (except five I've been in ).
Link Posted: 6/28/2015 7:52:53 PM EDT
[#31]
High school girl in the blue Explorer ran a red light, was doing about 50 in a 35 mph zone.  She was headed towards the F-150 in the opposite/oncoming lane which is separated by a small median.  As she ran the light, a woman had started making a right-hand turn (she had a green arrow) and just clipped the front of the Explorer, sending it about 20 feet airborne in a full flip.  Explorer landed on the hood/front quarter panel of the F-150.  Another 2 feet of travel time in the air and the driver of the truck is most likely dead...everyone walked away unharmed.

Link Posted: 6/29/2015 5:41:03 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
<a href="http://s266.photobucket.com/user/AKSNOWRIDER_2008/media/denali/1619794710518089523_zps8ea7fdb7.jpg.html" target="_blank">http://i266.photobucket.com/albums/ii265/AKSNOWRIDER_2008/denali/1619794710518089523_zps8ea7fdb7.jpg</a>

View Quote

Injuries???
Link Posted: 6/29/2015 5:44:18 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

Suburban?

Story?
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Suburban?

Story?

Denali pickup,,, guy in the hummer lost control, came out of the median and center punched my drivers door, pushing me out of the right lane at an exit ramp, and right into the rear end of a road grader backing up the exit ramp.....cops figured I was doing 60 when I hit the grader....thats the basics of it........
Link Posted: 6/29/2015 5:46:04 PM EDT
[#34]
Saturday when I totalled my Jeep.

Link Posted: 6/29/2015 5:46:54 PM EDT
[#35]
Haven't seen one in a while. The last bad one I saw a man go flying out his windsheild. That image haunted me for a long time. And my sister was just in an accident an hour ago.
Link Posted: 6/29/2015 5:49:37 PM EDT
[#36]
I witnessed a guy get mad and cause a wreck over sitting behind a guy that sat at a redlight that turned green for 2 seconds too long...

instead of a horn honk or something they guy loses his freaking mind starts doing a burnout
when the guy notices the green light he starts making his turn.... mad guy passes him in the intersection
runs along beside the guy im assuming acting a fool and then cuts in front of the guy and slams on the brakes
the guy runs into the mad guy.... mad guy gets out and is acting just like a guy who caused a accident over 2 extra seconds at a green light would

dude is screaming about how its friday and he just wants to go home and his entire argument jusftifying his actions to the police was
the other guy didnt immediately go on the green
I did stick around for the cops because otherwise it looked just like any other rearend accident, just in a random spot
Link Posted: 6/29/2015 5:52:38 PM EDT
[#37]
I didn't see it, but on Saturday I came upon a guy who had less than a minute prior rolled his sequoia into the median of I64 in a heavy downpour. He came out of it with just a cut on his finger, amazingly.

Link Posted: 6/29/2015 5:52:59 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

Injuries???
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Injuries???

I got out under my own power..but..........3-4 herniated disc in the neck(one impinging my cord badly), one disc in lower back, destroyed left shoulder, and damaged left wrist, also concussion, damaged hearing(ears ring bad now), constant headaches, all sorts of small issues....have had 3 big surgeries, still can't do anything, haven't worked since the wreck(march 13) and honestly wonder if I ever will be able to..gonna run out of money before long, highly doubt anyone will hire a walking workman comp claim, and have no clue what to do...but I am a live, and making the best I can of it...

heres a pic of the windshield/firewall of my truck..look right behind the brake booster....under all that stuff is the side wing mount for the graders side blade, it has a pull point on it that is stuck thru the firewall......
Link Posted: 6/29/2015 6:00:48 PM EDT
[#39]
The last one was mine.

I'm running 40 in a 45 zone when a chick tries to beat the light and make a left turn in front of me. Next thing I know is the van is on it's driver side sliding down the road and I'm holding on to the passenger seat trying not to turn into ground meat on the asphalt. When I come to a stop about 50' later I hear her screaming about her baby, I'm thinking I just killed a kid, FML.

She was 8+ months pregnant, no seatbelt. She was texting and told the cops she didn't see me headed right at her.

Turns out she was the wife of an old coworker. He called me a few days later and said that the baby had been dead a week before the wreck according to the docs.

I'd had my windows down at the time of the wreck, my hat landed in the ditch across 4 lanes of traffic. That was the hardest lick I've ever taken.
Link Posted: 6/29/2015 6:03:18 PM EDT
[#40]
About a year ago I was sitting at a stop sign waiting for cross traffic in a residential area so I could go across and go home with my McDonalds breakfast.  On that crossroad to the right there was a pickup + ramped trailer(landscaping company) sitting on the side of the road facing to my left.  There was also one of those weird Pontiac space-shuttle vans coming from the right and I was watching him as he was the one I was waiting on.  He swerved to his right as he was passing the trailer, caught the ramp of the trailer, and rolled the van on to its top which skidded to a stop in the middle of the road.

I hammered it around the corner and pulled off to the side of the road, jumped out, ran around the van to find the driver window rolled down and door wouldn't open(probably locked, but I didn't want to waste time dicking around with that).  Dude was ancient old and seemed a little out of it and the steering wheel was keeping him from falling to the ceiling of the van.  While asking him questions to determine his state, and figuring out how to get him out, I noted a minor head wound with a slow bleed.  Quick glance around the back of the van showed no other passengers, and I smelled a possible fuel leak.

Got him out and over to the sidewalk to sit him down, and at this point one of the landscaping guys saw the scene and ran over.  Had the landscaper hold what I think was a hoodie to the dude's head wound and told him to keep the guy sitting down(he kept wanting to get up and wander off and at this point I didn't know how extensive the head injury was or if he had any other injuries).  Ran back to the van, did another check for passengers, turned van off and pulled the keys.  Waited on scene for FD/Ambulance and my dad(FD captain, now retired) was first on scene.  Handed over the keys and all details and they took over.  The old guy wasn't hurt that bad, but he sure as shit wasn't in any condition to be driving around.
Link Posted: 6/29/2015 6:15:53 PM EDT
[#41]
I was behind a minivan who decided to pull out of a side road onto a larger highway while a tractor trailer was making a slow right turn onto the road we were leaving, immediately to his left, blocking his view.  He pulled out anyway, right into the path of an F-150.  I hung around to make sure the cops knew he was the dumbass and not the f150 driver.

Link Posted: 6/29/2015 6:20:18 PM EDT
[#42]
Got another one, this time involving me.  This took place back in 2007.
I'm driving down a semi-busy residential street on my way home after picking up Sonic breakfast with my little brother.  For some reason bad shit happens when I eat fast food breakfasts.  Anyway, it was rainy and I was following a few car-lengths behind a flad-bed truck hauling two Kabuta tractors and everyone was doing about 35mph.  As we were coming up to a point where you could turn left(no lights or signs on our main road), someone in front of the truck decides to slam on the brakes at the last second to make the turn.  When I hit my brakes the fronts locked up due to no ABS and the fact my dumb ass left my track tires on the front(Integra, FWD) from the night before.  I slid those 2 car lengths and lodged my car right under that truck with a surprising amount of force considering I wasn't going very fast.  The downward force on the front of my car from braking, and the upward force of that flat-bed from him braking, probably kept me from being decapitated.  The flat-bed itself caught part of the roof/sunroof while his DOT bar mangled my A-pillars/dash and got pretty close to hitting my brother in the passenger seat.  I walked away without a scratch(and my speedometer needle in my shirt pocket) and my brother got some debris in his eyes which the paramedics rinsed out.  One of the dipshit newbies on the scene decided code it a J4(fatality) when putting out the call, and specifically requested my parent's car numbers in the process(both FD at the time), so my dad made that drive fully expecting to find me dead.  I was very much alive and very much pissed off that the DOT bar crushed my pack of smokes that I had sitting on the dashboard.

The damage was multiplied quite a bit in the process of removing my vehicle from under the truck.  Twisted the unibody pretty bad.  Had it tore down and ready for the scrapper by the following morning.

Link Posted: 6/29/2015 6:21:39 PM EDT
[#43]
Last week, Cadillac STS hung a hard right and went off I-5 into the trees. I have distant dash cam video of it.
Link Posted: 6/29/2015 6:22:43 PM EDT
[#44]
Beer truck rolled over and almost hit me.  
Passenger died while I was checking on him.  Driver walked away.

Link Posted: 6/29/2015 6:28:35 PM EDT
[#45]
I saw a crime seen that was visible from your photo.

SALT LAKE CITY, — Edwin Tamoua, 35, died from multiple gunshot wounds. The escort service security guard was sitting in a lawn chair guarding the front door of Companions escort service, 1341 S. State, at approximately 1:30 a.m. when he was shot. No arrests have been made in the case.
Link Posted: 6/29/2015 6:32:21 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

I got out under my own power..but..........3-4 herniated disc in the neck(one impinging my cord badly), one disc in lower back, destroyed left shoulder, and damaged left wrist, also concussion, damaged hearing(ears ring bad now), constant headaches, all sorts of small issues....have had 3 big surgeries, still can't do anything, haven't worked since the wreck(march 13) and honestly wonder if I ever will be able to..gonna run out of money before long, highly doubt anyone will hire a walking workman comp claim, and have no clue what to do...but I am a live, and making the best I can of it...

heres a pic of the windshield/firewall of my truck..look right behind the brake booster....under all that stuff is the side wing mount for the graders side blade, it has a pull point on it that is stuck thru the firewall......
<a href="http://s266.photobucket.com/user/AKSNOWRIDER_2008/media/denali/1985937073647282959_zps52eb8316.jpg.html" target="_blank">http://i266.photobucket.com/albums/ii265/AKSNOWRIDER_2008/denali/1985937073647282959_zps52eb8316.jpg</a>
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Injuries???

<a href="http://s266.photobucket.com/user/AKSNOWRIDER_2008/media/denali/1985937073647282959_zps52eb8316.jpg.html" target="_blank">http://i266.photobucket.com/albums/ii265/AKSNOWRIDER_2008/denali/1985937073647282959_zps52eb8316.jpg</a>

Sorry to hear it, but that's a great attitude man.  Best wishes on your recovery.
Link Posted: 6/29/2015 6:37:55 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

Sorry to hear it, but that's a great attitude man.  Best wishes on your recovery.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Injuries???

Thank you... its hard, many a day/night I wonder if I am going to live thru it, then I am even more scared I will..I have never been clausterphobic in my life till this accident, but I am now..my ears will ring really loud sometimes, and it makes me go nuts, there's no getting away from it..the pain is the same way sometimes..nothing helps, just gotta  lay there and take it till it relents some..I used to think I was tough too... boy am I relearning that one...
Link Posted: 6/29/2015 6:38:24 PM EDT
[#48]
Drunk illegal in a pickup. Interstate, city speed, traffic stopped, hits small sedan so hard back end tires of pickup jump a foot and a half off the ground. Hit and run, sideswipes a couple cars on the off ramp pushes another out of the way. I follow, easy to do with him clearing the way. I'm on the phone with 911, he's speeding but gets stuck in traffic. I catch up. I follow while his truck drains fluids. His truck dies, I give location to 911 operator. Cops come and arrest him. In Denver so no doubt he was driving again in a day or two.
Link Posted: 6/29/2015 6:39:18 PM EDT
[#49]
Old man shit his pants at the grocery store,I felt really bad for him
Link Posted: 6/29/2015 6:39:34 PM EDT
[#50]
A little while ago I was driving to my LGS to pick up something I ordered. I was on the highway in the center lane and there was an Expoder next to me in the slow lane. Up ahead the fast lane became an off ramp, connecting over to another highway.

I notice in my rear view this white Hyundai flying up on me in the fast lane. He passes me at speed then decides he doesn't want to leave the highway on the left, so he suddenly veers across my lane in front of me and across the slow lane the Exploder is in and takes the opposite exit (to get on the cross highway going the other way). I started braking just to keep space off of Mr Supermerge.

Well, this three lane exit ramp merge spooks the woman in the Exploder to my right and she jams on her brakes. I know there is no one to my left so I brake a little more and veer left away from her, as she has really lit them up and I notice she is starting to lose control. Just then a panel van (who must have been distracted and was obviously speeding as well) slams into the rear of the Exploder, sending it across my line right in front of me and into the ditch on the other side of the highway. The panel van loses control and goes into the right side ditch. My car gets showered with their debris but is otherwise unscathed.

I pull off the highway on the right, put on my hazards and call 911. Local PD is on scene pretty fast, lady in the Exploder is taken out in an ambulance. Both the Exploder and the van are totaled. The guy in the van who I spoke to claimed this was his SECOND totaled work van in like one month's time. He was also acting very oddly, called his wife / girlfriend before the cops came and she arrived to get something out of the van. I have no clue what it was but I can only assume it was contraband.

I gave my witness report to the responding sergeant and went on my way. It is really something to be in the eye of the hurricane.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Top Top