Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/16/2006 9:05:48 PM EDT
So I find out tonight that I am going to get a small bonus at the end of the month $500.  Long story short, things have been a bit rough at work and I am headed back to school in a few months.  I haven’t purchased a firearm in over 6 months because I am trying to be responsible.  I hadn’t planed on this bonus so I now think the responsible thing to do with it is to blow it on a new gun.

It has to be right at or under $500, I can’t spend more than that and not feel like I am screwing up my budget.  So, no guns in new calibers, and no guns that will require new mags or accessories.  And, I can only spend the $500 so don’t tell me to buy both.

1)  AK with an underfolder.  Always liked them, they are available at a good price, I have             40+ AK mags and don’t really need any other accessories. (Besides ammo, and that                 i       is becoming a problem these days)

2)  Taurus .410 shotgun revolver, just a pretty darn cool gun.  No real use just cool.

3)  20” barrel, FF tube, carrier and bolt for an ar build I have been working on for a while, that would pretty much finish it up.

4)  spend it all on ammo

What would you do.

Link Posted: 3/17/2006 1:49:48 AM EDT
[#1]
Hookers

Blow
Link Posted: 3/17/2006 1:54:34 AM EDT
[#2]
I'd put it into the ak and buy some ammo too.
Link Posted: 3/17/2006 2:02:47 AM EDT
[#3]
If your going back to school, (college)? You might want to hold on to the money. If not what do you want.
Link Posted: 3/17/2006 2:02:51 AM EDT
[#4]
Me personally, pay bills.  
Link Posted: 3/17/2006 2:25:36 AM EDT
[#5]
Buy guttering for the house...

Or a boat trailer.
Link Posted: 3/17/2006 2:30:30 AM EDT
[#6]

Originally Posted By KC-130 FLT ENG:
Hookers

Blow

x2
Link Posted: 3/17/2006 3:01:51 AM EDT
[#7]
Well, School is paid for by work.  I already have 2 degrees.  I am not a poor student, just had to get out of the habit of purchasing 1 or 2 guns a month.  It was a hard habit to break.  I am thinking with the current ammo situation I might use it to upgrade to a progressive press from the single stage I have been using.  That might be a good investment.
Link Posted: 3/17/2006 3:05:55 AM EDT
[#8]
ammo...all of it.
Link Posted: 3/17/2006 3:25:52 AM EDT
[#9]
I am starting to think that the ammo game is a loosing deal right now.  The way things are going even the price of reloading components is going to go sky high next.  I am still sitting on 3-5k pieces of L.C. brass I picked up at Camp Perry last Aug.  I don’t see the price of powder and primer going up, but I just bet that brass and good surplus pulled bullets is going to skyrocket next.  Is that crazy?  Hookers and Blow is sounding better and better.
Link Posted: 3/17/2006 3:31:20 AM EDT
[#10]
Parts, magazines, ammo, accessories, for what you already have.
Link Posted: 3/17/2006 6:36:40 AM EDT
[#11]
I'd say option 3 to complete the build... otherewise go for option 1.  
Link Posted: 3/17/2006 6:38:38 AM EDT
[#12]
Complete the build, finish the AR.
Link Posted: 3/17/2006 6:39:47 AM EDT
[#13]
Put it into your IRA or mutual fund account.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top