Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 7/5/2012 7:06:37 AM EDT
The longest paper I wrote in the shortest amount of time was my final for a philosophy course. It was worth 80% of my grade, and it had to be a minimum of 15 pages.

Being the dumbass that I was, I waited till Sunday afternoon to start it, despite the fact it was due Monday morning at 9am.

Somehow, I managed to crank out 18 pages, complete with a 2 page bibliography (not counting towards my 18 pages) by Monday morning at 3am.

My grade? A- for the paper but an A for the class.

Link Posted: 7/5/2012 7:13:42 AM EDT
[#1]
15 pager final for an international relations class. on the subject of modern piracy and it's impact on international policy due at 8 on monday morning. started at around 2000  sunday night. finished at around 0400 monday morning. A- on the paper and a B+ in the class.

Link Posted: 7/5/2012 7:14:28 AM EDT
[#2]
Senoir year i had to write a 10pages report I waited till morning it was due, I was late to school b/c of it although first period was only teachers aid. I ended up getting a D on the paper not bad for last minute throw together at least i didn't fail it
Link Posted: 7/5/2012 7:14:50 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
The longest paper I wrote in the shortest amount of time was my final for a philosophy course. It was worth 80% of my grade, and it had to be a minimum of 15 pages.

Being the dumbass that I was, I waited till Sunday afternoon to start it, despite the fact it was due Monday morning at 9am.

Somehow, I managed to crank out 18 pages, complete with a 2 page bibliography (not counting towards my 18 pages) by Monday morning at 3am.

My grade? A- for the paper but an A for the class.

That sounds like every paper I ever wrote in college.
Link Posted: 7/5/2012 7:14:55 AM EDT
[#4]
~120 page master's thesis in ~6 days.  I passed my board with flying colors.
Link Posted: 7/5/2012 7:16:35 AM EDT
[#5]
42 page research paper for Business Comm. in college.  Had the entire semester but started it at 10:30pm night before it was due, finished at 4:30am, went to 24 hour FedEx/Kinkos to print and bind it, handed it in at 9am..  26 pages of typed text with the rest as appedices and support material.  Did a little of the research ahead of time, but didn't actually write it until that night.  A-
Link Posted: 7/5/2012 7:27:32 AM EDT
[#6]
15 page research paper for Historical Research amd Writing , 6 hours from being released from Hospital to turning it in. Got an A.

Link Posted: 7/5/2012 7:29:58 AM EDT
[#7]
I had 48 hours, worked a solid 30 hours. Term paper. Worth 70% of my grade. 25 pages
Got a B

Otherwise, normal 5 page papers, 10 hours, A
Link Posted: 7/5/2012 7:32:14 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

You win.

Link Posted: 7/5/2012 7:33:22 AM EDT
[#9]
My longest was a 40 page research paper on WWII infantry in the Pacific and European theaters.  I wrote the paper in three days but my research at the WWII institute at FSU took five months of intense work reading journals, war reports, letters and transcripts from WWII infantrymen.  

Some of my research included reading a journal written on a roll of toilet paper, reading burned journals barely readable, examining letters written on cardboard boxes, listening to taped accounts from nearly dead WWII GI on their death bed, reading awards and interviewing WWII infantrymen.

Some of the research I did included reading journals no one else  but the man who wrote them ever saw and using magnifying glasses to try to uncover work on burned journals,

My paper focused on the unique challenges GIs faced in their theaters of operation.  In this paper I make references to journals and accounts no other human besides me has ever read.  I use military manuals of the time and personal accounts I collected from my interviews.  

You better believe with the amount of research I did I got my A.  This was required course to graduate with a history degree.

FSU has or had some really good classes like terrorism, organized crime, war and the nation state, rape, massacre and atrocity, the holocaust and other atrocities during WWII, the history of guerrilla warfare, WWII, WWI, Vietnam and a bunch of others.  The classes I took for my history degree read like a demons resume.
Link Posted: 7/5/2012 7:34:25 AM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 7/5/2012 7:38:11 AM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 7/5/2012 7:44:02 AM EDT
[#12]
15 page history paper (compare the growth of the US and the USSR), 10 hours from the time I walked into the library to check books out to the time I turned it in.  Got an A on it. Drove my wife nuts, she's a history major, we were in the same class and I got a better grade than she did.  
Link Posted: 7/5/2012 7:44:33 AM EDT
[#13]
I had to write a 10 page paper from my Psychology class my Freshman year of college over "Love".

Well I procrastinated and then that weekend I found my GF cheating on me with a cook at the bar we both worked at. Needless to say I had a lot to write about "love" come Sunday night.

Wrote a 10 page paper in less than an hour. Got a 100 percent on it.
Link Posted: 7/5/2012 7:48:36 AM EDT
[#14]
I had a class in which the entire class grade was based on the paper you wrote for the class.  Thirty two pages in twelve hours yielded an A+ for the class.  

Full disclosure: It was written based upon my experiences over the previous semester interning, so it wasn't as if I was starting from scratch.
Link Posted: 7/5/2012 7:54:03 AM EDT
[#15]
1000 words on why I fucked up due at PT formation in Basic.
Link Posted: 7/5/2012 7:54:53 AM EDT
[#16]
Wrote a 15 page paper for an assignment my buddy had in a media class. Most of it was stream of consciousness insanity right off of the top of my head. He just neatened up the grammar.

It had to do with pop culture and how it both reflected and directed the mores of society. Well, I tapped into my inner Hunter Thompson and just kind of ran with it.

One of my favorite lines was in the section on race. It was something like...

"Gone are the days of Fess Parker's Davey Crockett, happily whacking ***** off the walls of the Alamo. Today's heroes are a dutifully color-coordianed duo like Crockett and Tubbs, resplendent in pastel linens,

blasting the faces off of mis-directed street youth from the front seat of a Ferrarri. Bloody mayhem, with a Phil Collins soundtrack."

Took about six hours. Got a B-. Professor even commented that it had be a long time since he'd read a "gonzo" term paper. That made me feel good.

Link Posted: 7/5/2012 7:56:09 AM EDT
[#17]
7 page paper for my anthropology class.

It was due at 2PM on Tuesday. I started at 8PM Monday night and finished at 2AM. I got an 86 on the paper.
Link Posted: 7/5/2012 7:56:41 AM EDT
[#18]
17 page research paper for junior English in high school.  Due Friday morning, started it at 1700 on Thursday.  B+.
Link Posted: 7/5/2012 7:56:51 AM EDT
[#19]
1972.  Pacelli High School, Columbus, GA.  

Research paper for American History.  Col. Glass' class.  

He gave us 4 months to do a 100 page paper, which would count as 1/3 of the last semester grade.

I did 104 handwritten pages in one all night session, entitled "Evolution of the American Firearm".

A+++  

My best friend, who had worked all four months on his paper and knew I hadn't started until the last day, got a B-.  
Link Posted: 7/5/2012 7:58:05 AM EDT
[#20]
Masters project writing assignment, for my masters in educational leadership. The whole assignment, with summary, abstract, graphs, final typed draft of the paper was 47 pages long. All told it took me three days of compiling and writing with another three days typing and working on the graphs. Got an A for the project.
Link Posted: 7/5/2012 7:59:19 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

Quoted:

You win.

Well, I had been doing research for over 6 months.  The 6 days was typing up the actual text (no cut and paste from notes, either).
Link Posted: 7/5/2012 8:07:06 AM EDT
[#22]
Sophomore english composition in undergrad.
First day of class, several more students wanted to add the class, since it was required for almost everyone, but was capped for size.
Professor sat everyone down, handed out blank paper, and said, "Write a paper about a life experience and how it changed you", due at the end of the hour.
I picked a topic, scratched out an outline, then wrote 3 1/2 pages in 30 minutes.
Next class, Prof. called me and two others out into the hall.
"You don't need this class. You got an A. Don't come back."
YES!!!!
Link Posted: 7/5/2012 8:17:38 AM EDT
[#23]
My philosophy papers always took time.

Dunno that it was the longest, but I had a 400 (senior) level independent study in creative writing.  The evening before my work was due, I sat down at a university library Selectric and started cranking.  The next morning, I handed it in.  It was a short story, 20-30 pages (I disremember exactly, though I have it around here somewhere) –– 4.0.

Link Posted: 7/5/2012 8:18:17 AM EDT
[#24]
My partner and I wrote a 40 page brief for a moot court competition in an all-nighter and it won the award for best brief.
Link Posted: 7/5/2012 8:18:39 AM EDT
[#25]
I wrote a 12 page term paper in under 24 hours, including research.
I got an A+.
Top Top