Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 11/28/2003 7:13:44 PM EDT
I bet alot of people thought the sheeot has hit the fan.  I'm sure you guys were cleaning your guns and loading mags.
Link Posted: 11/28/2003 7:16:13 PM EDT
[#1]
There is a HUGE thread in the archives.
It was NOT a good day in the history of arfcom.
Link Posted: 11/28/2003 7:17:58 PM EDT
[#2]
I didn't have access to arfcom until several days later.  I would love to see that thread.  LT wasn't it?
Link Posted: 11/28/2003 7:21:08 PM EDT
[#3]
Yeah LT started it.

Link Posted: 11/28/2003 7:21:32 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
I didn't have access to arfcom until several days later.  I would love to see that thread.  LT wasn't it?
View Quote

I can't forget that morning.  I was living in northern PRK.  Checked this forum (homepage) for news & saw Lordtrader's post.

Went upstairs & woke my wife...spent the rest of the day in front of the tv's.

-hanko
Link Posted: 11/28/2003 7:25:51 PM EDT
[#5]
Bunch of guy's packing BOB's, loading mag's and gassing up vehicles.
Link Posted: 11/28/2003 7:50:05 PM EDT
[#6]
It still leaves me somewhat speechless when I remember that day.
Link Posted: 11/28/2003 7:55:36 PM EDT
[#7]
What are the chances of posting a link to that post?

Back then I did not have one gun, now I am up to 13 long guns and 6 handguns. Did that day have an effect on me, I'll say YES IT DID.
Link Posted: 11/28/2003 7:56:31 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Yeah LT started it.

View Quote

yah, i had second post. it started out pretty simple, something like "plane hit WTC tower" and the first page or 2 takes you threw everyone finding out for sure it was terrorism. i read it about a year ago, spooky
Link Posted: 11/28/2003 7:59:12 PM EDT
[#9]
Spent almost the whole day on the site. Shock, disbelief, anger, outrage, pride, grief, to name a few of the emotions that dominated.
Actually, the shared loss of the the other members here, helped me deal with the tragedy.
Link Posted: 11/28/2003 8:03:18 PM EDT
[#10]
I remember i was planning to go into the gun store to purchase ammo that day for a week. I go in and the store is MOBBED!!! People trying to buy guns and they are pissed because there is the 10 day wait. I remember Chuck behind the counter saying "Well next election day make sure you vote these SOB's who thought of the law"

I also had friends come over (That ridiculed me before for having guns) asking "Hey can I get a gun or two to borrow??"

One family is now armed and the other STILL isnt. Oh well.... such is life.

Anyway, i digressed... I apologize. Other than remembering planes flying into buildings, that day is a blur.
Link Posted: 11/28/2003 8:03:55 PM EDT
[#11]
Where are the archives?
Link Posted: 11/28/2003 8:06:10 PM EDT
[#12]

Where are the archives?
View Quote

No archives for joo!
Link Posted: 11/28/2003 8:06:21 PM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 11/28/2003 8:17:30 PM EDT
[#14]
I wasn't on AR15.com, but I definitely remember when I heard about it. At first I thought disbelief, then shock, and then disgust, hatred and revenge.
Link Posted: 11/28/2003 8:19:19 PM EDT
[#15]
... Probably no site on the Internet was impacted like this place was.
Link Posted: 11/28/2003 8:27:09 PM EDT
[#16]
Link Posted: 11/28/2003 8:36:05 PM EDT
[#17]
We had it locked and tacked on the GD board, but new people kept asking why we had a 9/11 thread tacked at the top.  The constant barrage of the same question got old, and the thread was taken down.  Maybe it should go into the Team Forum or something. It is an interesting snapshot.
Link Posted: 11/28/2003 8:39:22 PM EDT
[#18]
I wasn't on AFRCOM at the time.  Found out about the site later.  But, that day, I was driving up I 65 through Bowling Green, KY and was listening to the radio.  I heard the host announce, "this is not a joke.  An aircraft has just hit the north tower of the world trade center".  I was about 3 miles from a rest area and pulled in.  In the mean time, I was hollering on the CB for everyone to turn on their FM to that channel.  When I pulled into the rest area I set up my satelite dish in record time and watched it on TV.  I called and woke up the wife and made her record it.  (I still have the video tape)  When she answered the phone, I said turn on fox news and start recording.  We are now at war.  She thought I was nuts.  Kept telling me it was an accident until the second plane hit.  I know that I will never forget that day.  You wouldn't believe the chatter on the CB that day, or even that week.
Link Posted: 11/28/2003 8:50:22 PM EDT
[#19]
Please bring back that thread, I am dying to read it. Thanks.
Link Posted: 11/28/2003 8:52:46 PM EDT
[#20]
just taging to see if the thread is brought back or a link to it
Link Posted: 11/28/2003 9:03:04 PM EDT
[#21]
I wasn't on ARFCOM yet either. I remember what I did that day though. I got up and started getting ready for class. SSS then started making breakfast and flipped on the radio. Mancow was going on about how one of the WTC towers was hit by a plane and I brushed it off as another stunt of his while I ate breakfast. He kept saying "Im not kidding. This is not a joke, this is not for entertainment. This is serious. We are at war." Then he announced the second plane hitting. We only had C-band at the time, and only subscribed to HBO/Cinemax, so I flipped on the TV and worked with it enough to get audio from one of the news stations. Confirmed.

So I went to class. Watched the helo's circling downtown while I walked to class. Chatted a bit with friends and one mentioned the thought that it was a guy named Osama Bin Laden. Sat through "Linear Transform Theory" (ECE 311 at the time) and listened to a lecture on complex Laplace transforms. After class I chatted for a few and went to the office. Spent the rest of the day downloading images and movies of the event from various websites.

My father was teaching some classes at the university at the time in Civil Engineering. His classed begged to be let go for the day. He told them that he had done work with the military in target selection and universities were pretty far down on the list, so they were having class.

Jonathan
Link Posted: 11/28/2003 9:18:58 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
View Quote
No kidding with all the wheres member xxx and is xxx ok and all the up to the mintute updates ar15.com become the sole source of news for alot of us that day as all the major news sites went to there knee's in a split secong. Chat surged with people also.
Link Posted: 11/28/2003 9:21:20 PM EDT
[#23]
Alot of pissed off people here.

"nuke 'em till they glow"
"kill 'em all"

Few other more vehement comments refering to arab headware and camels.

Some other people calling them/me rascists. Pretty much the same bunch that blamed America for the attack. Few growing pains for ARFCOM. In retrospect I don't see that as being a bad thing, however, and I have long since forgotten who they are except for some guy named Abdul, IIRC. Haven't seen him around for a long time. Maybe he changed his name.

In the end we'll end up nuking 'em till they glow! If not us, someone else.
Link Posted: 11/28/2003 9:28:08 PM EDT
[#24]
I work in electrical construction, I remember leaving a meeting we had at the Toys R Us on Broadway and 47th Street, heading to the WTC, where we had been working with the security system, I remember being stucked in traffic on the West Side Hwy. listening to Howard Stern when he said that a plane had hit the WTC, I was about 4 blocks away and did not notice anything, until I looked all the way up and saw the big hole on the side of the building, traffic stopped and I witness the whole event. Local # 3 lost 14 electricians, I personally knew 31 people that I used to do bussiness with, if it wasn't for the traffic I would had been inside Tower 2 on the 108th floor.
Having done work for Bovis Construction, they hired our company to work at Ground Zero, and spent 8 1/2 month working there. It's really amazing the stuff we, humans can endure, I often think back at what I saw, touched, carried, etc, etc, and I wonder how I ever survived the whole experience.
Link Posted: 11/28/2003 9:31:03 PM EDT
[#25]
I put out my flag and loaded my AR.  I spent most of the day flipping channels on the idiot box.  

I came on here, and there were some people wanting to kill all xyz.  Some threads were locked do to heat of the moment posts.  Other threads were edited by the mods to try and slow the rush to judgement.
Link Posted: 11/28/2003 9:43:21 PM EDT
[#26]
I heard it on the L.A.'s KFWB all news radio. Cleaned up and jumped my car, headed to the filling station and to the bank for some extra cash. On the way down to the bank, the 2nd plane hit, on my way back home, tower 1 collapsed.  Spent the rest of the day watching TV news and double checking the emergency supplies.
Link Posted: 12/7/2003 7:58:43 AM EDT
[#27]
That was before my time here on ARFCOM.

I wish we had a link to the original thread, that would be quite a read.
Link Posted: 12/7/2003 8:39:22 AM EDT
[#28]
I had been here off and on before that, and going back to when there was an email digest. This was the first place I went to for news that day though. Check my registration date.
Link Posted: 12/7/2003 9:11:56 AM EDT
[#29]
i would like to have a link to this thread also
Link Posted: 12/7/2003 9:21:03 AM EDT
[#30]
went to the zoo, spit on camels

wheres the link...
Link Posted: 12/7/2003 9:25:30 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
I was driving past one of teh airports here that had over 40 airliners on the tarmac later that day when I heard it on the news. It was sureal watching it on tv. We saw some of it at the childrens hospital where we were headed. All the nurses where gathered around the tv crying.
It didn't hit home until 2 days later when I talked to Wave on the phone. It was the first time I had talked to him and I could hear the anger and anguise in his voice. He was at GZ when I was talking to him.
View Quote

And let's not forget the wonderful hospitality of our Newfie friends for all the airline passengers who were stranded Up North when flights from Europe were ordered to land at the first available airport (Gander?).

The local folk opened their hearts and homes to the travellers in a way that touched many hearts, including mine.

Thanks again Neighbors!

[usa]
Link Posted: 12/7/2003 9:34:45 AM EDT
[#32]
I first heard about it on the radio as I was leaving work. About 50yds out I realized "Hey, the news doesn't come on at 7:30am." So I started paying attention to what was being said.

As soon as I got home (10 mins.) I fired up the computer and tried ALL the network websites. Couldn't get on a single one. I was now convinced something really big was going on. Then I thought "Somebody on AR15.com will have started a thread." [thinking] Sure enough LT had a thread going and it was already on the second page. Kept reading for a couple of hours and noticed my neighbor was home and his co-worker was there. Ran over there and watched the rest of the day on TV.
Link Posted: 12/7/2003 9:40:16 AM EDT
[#33]
Another vote for the thread to be tacked or a link posted.
Link Posted: 12/7/2003 9:45:24 AM EDT
[#34]
I'd like a chance to read a little bit of histroy through the link too.
Link Posted: 12/7/2003 10:02:49 AM EDT
[#35]
I'd also like to see a link. Tacked even for a few days. Come on guys!
Link Posted: 12/7/2003 10:04:53 AM EDT
[#36]
What was ar15.com like? well,
[>:/][>(][pissed][puke][shock][furious][cuss][chair][BS] and especially this [:(!] and this[USA].
That's what arfcom was like.
Link Posted: 12/7/2003 10:39:27 AM EDT
[#37]
I was work with several individuals when someone walked in and told us about the attack. We got on the internet and couldn't beleive our eyes. Went to lunch and watched it over and over again on TV. I got back into guns a couple of weeks later. Found this board a little later. BobK
Link Posted: 12/7/2003 10:51:56 AM EDT
[#38]
I heard about it on the radio, and then turned on Fox News to see what was going on. Also was logged in here.

The day took a turn for the worse when I found out that my cousin Elizabeth who worked in one of the towers (don't remember which) was missing. Spent the rest of the day basically coming unglued, and already dreaming of revenge.

That night we got a call - my cousin turned up at a hospital - she had been hit by falling debris as she ran from the building. She had been hit on her head and was found hours later wandering around dilerious, and was taken to the hospital by some complete strangers.
She recovered completely and still works somewhere in NYC.

Yes, I had plenty of mags loaded by the end of the day!
Link Posted: 12/7/2003 11:17:42 AM EDT
[#39]
I had been a frequenter of ARFCOM for nearly two years when 9/11 happened but never thought to find a computer to log in. Surfing online wasn't that big a deal to me then.
Link Posted: 12/7/2003 11:42:31 AM EDT
[#40]
ScrubJ, DOW et al
I've seen numerous requests for Lordtrader's original 9/11 thread, but unfortunately there has been no response from the powers at AR15.com.
Link Posted: 12/7/2003 11:59:28 AM EDT
[#41]
I was horrified. I happened to have been on the way to a gunstore in East Detroit to pick up some ammo and when I got their there was a big line a white guys on one side and a big line of A-rabs on the other.
Link Posted: 12/7/2003 12:04:59 PM EDT
[#42]
That day started me down the road that led me to ar15.com. I wanted to hook up with people in my area who could see the handwriting on the wall.
Link Posted: 12/7/2003 12:52:35 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
View Quote

When I first read a thread about America being under attack, I thought it was just another B.S. Imbroglio Wanna-Be thread.  Then when someone stated I should turn on the news...

Words cannot describe what I felt.  I had my Bug-Out Kit (Wasn't a FULL B.O.B. at the time), I jumped on the phone to call family...  I ran downstairs to watch TV in the apartment office (I didn't have cable, or decent reception), and just as I showed up, they caught the 2nd plane smashing into the WTC.  There were only two phrases running through my head at the time, "Holy Shit", and "Oh My God"...

I checked my food supplies, and ran down to city hall to renew my handgun purchase license (got there just before they shut down city hall), and then ran to the gun shop for more ammo.

I skipped all of my classes that day at the University, only to find out that they had cancelled classes, and sent people home (the first time that happened since the 1970s during riots)!

Then I saw something unspeakable just 3 city blocks away.  Had I had a gun in my hands, I'd have killed them all!  MOTHER FUCKERS!  At the time I lived in a SHIT-HOLE GHETTO full of crime (hence my nickname here), and just 3 blocks away was a high-rise ghetto building known as "The Crack Stacks".  In this neighborhood over 15,000 Somalians reside nearby, and about 300-500 somalians had overcome Cedar Avenue (4 lane street), and were gathering around the window to a nearby store front.  The storefront had a TV display showing the News, and every time the news REPLAYED the 2nd Airplane smashing into the WTC, ALL OF THESE FUCKERS CHEERED!  THEY SHOUTED, THEY RAISED THEIR HANDS, THEY DANCED IN THE STREET, THEY MADE THAT ABHORRINGLY ANNOYING "LA LA LA LA LA LA LA LA LA LA LA LA LA LA" noise shit their women do...

If I had a gun on me at that moment, I fear what I would have done!

That day will forever live on in my mind in crystal clarity...

The funny thing about these Somalians was within a year afterwards the FBI raided the offices of those same stores, and collected lots of financial paperwork, and discovered that TONS of money was being wired to Al Q and other extremist groups.  The local Somalians raised holy hell in editorial newspapers screaming "Discrimination, Racism," blah blah blah...  WTF did they expect?  You're partying because of the deaths of thousands, and then you think that DOESN'T INCRIMINATE YOU???

Some people around here think there IS NO USE for small scale thermo-nuclear weapons.  September 11, 2001 has given me another good use for such weapons...  Too bad nobody has used them yet.

Edited to add:  I no longer live in this hell-hole neighborhood, and I THANK GOD for that...  My new neighborhood still has plenty of crime, but it's not NEARLY as bad.  Plus, my new 'hood is divided in half by the freeway.  The northern side (housing projects, and industrial areas) is full of crime, and the southern side (beautiful turn-of the century houses along the riverside, where I live) is almost crime-free (except for a few punk kids spraying graffiti, and a few thieves).
Link Posted: 12/7/2003 12:57:51 PM EDT
[#44]
I actually had the day off from work. I was home watching Good Morning America, when the first plane hit, I couldn't believe what I was seeing, shortly there after the second plane hit,I knew after that that was no mistake. I called my husband at work, told him about it. He had to fight with his boss to get a tv turned on. My son had half a day of school thankfully. I know for a while we were carrying. My cousin got stranded at an airport in maine,and ended up buying a car and driving cross country. We were e-mailing and calling everyone we knew to make sure they were allright. A friend of ours worked the subway system. Made sure he was fine. The accounts from friends that were there were absolutely bone chilling and hair raising even now just thinking of it does it to me. My brother flew out shortly after 9/11. Actually a week and a half later. I know I will never forget. I never thought about going on line at all. I know I would get up in the middle of the night and turn the tv on just to see if anything else had changed or if they found any survivors.
The world changed that day and even now when I fly I check to see how many of them are there. I am also very cautious at my work. Call it racial profiling, what ever,I know I for one would do my damnedest to make sure something like that would not happen again.
Link Posted: 12/7/2003 1:24:32 PM EDT
[#45]
I logged in at 9:15 that morning, fat, dumb, and happy.  Still fat.  

I remember the thread for the NYC crew to check in, FrankSquid taking 18 hrs or so to make it home from Manhattan.  Helldog and the others working to search for survivors, and finding none.  I am still a little doubtful aboutht e passports of the hijackers floating down from the skies, but who knows..  
We still have not gone after the real supporters of the Wahabbi either.  Ops
Link Posted: 12/7/2003 1:30:16 PM EDT
[#46]
I actually printed it all out, and have it saved to show someone years from now when they say, "What was it like that day?"  I got all my news from Arfcom, it was quicker and more reliable than the news outlets.
Link Posted: 12/7/2003 1:30:43 PM EDT
[#47]
It was the last day of my vacation. A friend called and said "turn on the news".

I did, and saw the WTC burning. He said "a plane hit it". My first thought was, it's such a clear day, blue sky, no clouds, how could you not see the WTC buildings?

I didn't want to believe anything other than an accident.

Then the second one hit. Then I knew.

Then they fell.

Then I cried.
Link Posted: 12/7/2003 2:13:58 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
I actually printed it all out, and have it saved to show someone years from now when they say, "What was it like that day?"  I got all my news from Arfcom, it was quicker and more reliable than the news outlets.
View Quote

If we can not get the link, any chance you can make copies available to us?
I will pay for the copies, shipping and the effort in getting this done. I am sure others will be willing to pay also.
Link Posted: 12/7/2003 2:45:58 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

If we can not get the link, any chance you can make copies available to us?
I will pay for the copies, shipping and the effort in getting this done. I am sure others will be willing to pay also.
View Quote

Count me in on that.
Link Posted: 12/7/2003 3:05:45 PM EDT
[#50]
I was driving west on I-94 with my four year old daughter to visit my parents two hours west of the Minneapolis.  Radio broke in with the news a the first plane strike the tower.  I switched to the "good neighbor" news/talk am radio and listened in shock as the second hit.  My daughter asked me why I was crying[trying not to].  Trying to explain to four year about the big planes crashing was hard because she wouldn't let me just drop it she had to know why!  I didn't know why like many americans.  I searched and found this link but it's not working. [url]htpp//www.wtc.ar15.com[/url]
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top