Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/26/2005 6:23:41 PM EDT
I had to file the sides of the upper lug to fit into the lower of same brand to fit right. What product is the best to cover and finish the exposed metal? The color is black.
Link Posted: 9/26/2005 6:24:37 PM EDT
[#1]
Dont they sell AlumaBlack or something like that at Brownell's?

eta: try this stuff link
Link Posted: 9/26/2005 6:26:42 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
I had to file the sides of the upper lug to fit into the lower of same brand to fit right. What product is the best to cover and finish the exposed metal? The color is black.

Leave it alone, or use some AlumaHyde or Norell's or something.  AlumaBlack is temporary at best, and usually comes out looking crappy.
Link Posted: 9/26/2005 6:55:35 PM EDT
[#3]
"

Alumihyde is a spray-on paint, looks pretty good.  They also have some bake-on stuff and I think some with teflon.  

For a little part, youll have plenty left, but clean out the nozzle upside down and it will still be good for future touch-up.
Link Posted: 9/26/2005 7:03:43 PM EDT
[#4]
I've used Sharpie pens or Magick Markers, but whatever.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top