Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/29/2004 1:04:13 PM EDT
Any one with training in this area? Maybe avoiding crowds, etc?  Share any info you may have with the rest of us. Thanks!
Link Posted: 10/29/2004 1:10:10 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 10/29/2004 1:14:23 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
Watch for vehicles going into an area too fast, or leaving an area too fast.

Shit you just described what I see every day on my way to/from work!
Link Posted: 10/29/2004 1:19:05 PM EDT
[#3]
Look for Muslims and act accordingly
Link Posted: 10/29/2004 1:22:29 PM EDT
[#4]
Avoid heavily populated areas and potentially vulnerable areas - any areas with nuclear reactors, fuel, ammo, or power sources - and certain modes of transportation - we, the US, have security everywhere - there is no 100 percent SAFE solution lol. Don't travel or do anything that doesnt allow a hasty exit - don't get "trapped" anywhere if possible. More importantly - stay on your guard at all times for anything out of place or suspicious. There is no perfect solution for staying safe - but use a degree of caution in all matters.
Link Posted: 10/29/2004 1:23:02 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

Link Posted: 10/29/2004 1:23:31 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 10/29/2004 1:25:24 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

Truth - Sad to say.  
Link Posted: 10/29/2004 1:29:56 PM EDT
[#8]
Don't go into an "iffy" situation in the first place. I was scheduled to be flying into Atlanta on Nov. 2 for a lame conference. I used the whole terror possibility as an excuse not to go. I am not afraid of terrorists. I am afraid of being stuck in a metropolis full of panicing people, clear across the country from my quiet little hamlet.
Link Posted: 10/29/2004 2:16:33 PM EDT
[#9]
dead birds or animals. cars not moving in places they should be. blood from peoples' eyes and not moving or falling down. lights of any kind not usual to your area. smoke or fog not usual to you area. people coughing, hacking, discharcge of bodily fliuds from various orrifices. See that, move upwind. You don't need the rest. It's probably too late. If you find yourself in an nbc area, wait, don't take it home. edited to add people disoriented and some degree of bleeding wandering around.
Link Posted: 10/29/2004 2:18:39 PM EDT
[#10]
if you hear "Allah Akbar"  get the fuck out of there.....
Link Posted: 10/29/2004 2:20:40 PM EDT
[#11]
ahhh you guys suck, the one fucking day i dont bring my pistol. (had to go on base)
Link Posted: 10/29/2004 2:21:03 PM EDT
[#12]
Stay out in open air if you fear Chemical or Biological weapons - they are WAY overrated as far as their potential - deadly yes, but don't stay in confined spaces and you are generally okay - it takes a lot of chemical or biological element and a really good delivery system to be moderately effective on a large scale. Nuclear weapons are a different matter altogether. Personally, I would avoid any areas where people are easily bunched up - any place where mass numbers of people travel that would lead to panic in a crisis - always leave yourself a way out.
Link Posted: 10/29/2004 2:22:54 PM EDT
[#13]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top