Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/21/2005 12:05:00 AM EDT
I used to reload and I have ammo in the caliber of guns I no longer own... I can't sell it and I won't give it away just in case I messed up a round. I wouldn't want someone getting hurt because I may have screwed up..

What are some ideas of what I can do to get rid of it???

Link Posted: 8/21/2005 12:06:13 AM EDT
[#1]
shoot at them?
Link Posted: 8/21/2005 12:10:44 AM EDT
[#2]
Bonfire.
Link Posted: 8/21/2005 12:21:55 AM EDT
[#3]
Buy a gun in that caliber
Link Posted: 8/21/2005 12:36:08 AM EDT
[#4]
whiskey bottle, shot glass, and fire it up.
Link Posted: 8/21/2005 12:37:27 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
Buy a gun in that caliber

That is, in fact, the correct answer. And deep down you know it is too.
Link Posted: 8/21/2005 12:42:03 AM EDT
[#6]
Throw it away in the trash.

It's just ammo, not plutonium.
Link Posted: 8/21/2005 12:44:33 AM EDT
[#7]
Send it to your buddy NAM.

What calibers? Maybe find someone that uses tha cal, and at least they can reuse the bullet, case, and primer.
Link Posted: 8/21/2005 12:44:46 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

we had this debate a few weeks ago, it got dirty as hell,  trash, ammo, no good.  Bad juju.  You loaded it, unload it or buy a gun and shoot it.  You can take out the bullet, punch out the primer, and dump the powder and if you have a good amount, sell the brass to a recylcing yard.
Link Posted: 8/21/2005 3:28:41 AM EDT
[#9]
Pull the bullets,dump the  powder on the lawn, give the bullets and shells to a friend that reloads.
Link Posted: 8/21/2005 3:52:36 AM EDT
[#10]
options.....

Go out and buy a weapon in that caliber (preferred choice)

Offer it up in 'hometown' to folks in your area

Have a contest in GD - winner gets any given caliber worth of ammo

Link Posted: 8/21/2005 3:53:15 AM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

Bonfire.

+1  totally safe
Link Posted: 8/21/2005 11:09:28 AM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

Quoted:

we had this debate a few weeks ago, it got dirty as hell,  trash, ammo, no good.  Bad juju.  You loaded it, unload it or buy a gun and shoot it.  You can take out the bullet, punch out the primer, and dump the powder and if you have a good amount, sell the brass to a recylcing yard.

Or you can throw it away, it's not as dangerous as other stuff that people throw away and think nothing of.  More people have been hurt by broken glass or aresol cans full of dangerous chemicals than have been hurt by bullets thrown in the trash.

Link Posted: 8/21/2005 11:11:52 AM EDT
[#13]
Give it to someone that will use the components.  Don't waste it.
Link Posted: 8/21/2005 11:26:16 AM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:
I used to reload and I have ammo in the caliber of guns I no longer own... I can't sell it and I won't give it away just in case I messed up a round. I wouldn't want someone getting hurt because I may have screwed up..

What are some ideas of what I can do to get rid of it???

Euthanize it... Big bonfire, toss'em in.
Link Posted: 8/21/2005 11:30:23 AM EDT
[#15]
unload and sell.
Link Posted: 8/21/2005 11:36:40 AM EDT
[#16]
Offer it to anyone who wants it for whatever purpose, given the disclaimer you've already made about the possibility of bad loads.  If someone wants to take the chance, they can shoot it.  If they want the components, they can do the work.  Seems like a fair arrangement for you to get rid of stuff you don't want.

So what calibers are you talking about?
Link Posted: 8/21/2005 11:40:50 AM EDT
[#17]
Either buy a gun in that caliber or give it somebody who can use the components.
Link Posted: 8/21/2005 11:42:16 AM EDT
[#18]

What to do with old ammo?

Reminds me of an old golf joke.

A guy places a new ball on the tee and hits it into the water.  He puts another new ball on the tee and hits it into the woods.  He places another new ball on the tee and hits it into the water.

His buddy says, "Why don't you use an old ball?"

The guy answers, "I never had one."  

I never had any "old" ammo.
Link Posted: 8/21/2005 1:07:30 PM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:
Either buy a gun in that caliber or give it somebody who can use the components.

+1
Link Posted: 8/21/2005 1:12:52 PM EDT
[#20]
How many rounds and in what calibers?
Link Posted: 8/21/2005 1:18:27 PM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:

Quoted:

+1

+2

Or,  offer it in a lot in your local paper and have the buyer sign a non-shooting statement. "for components only"  I'd buy it.

I bought a huge can of about 8000 rounds of scrap .223/.308 components/range pickups like that. My daughter was seven at the time, We had more fun with tearing it down and reloading it. She is sixteen now and still helps me recover good ammo components from bad ammo.

If you throw it away DiFi, Chucky and the terrorists win.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top