Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 2/17/2002 8:19:29 AM EDT
I'm going to Prescott AZ and will have a free weekend(5/25-26) while I'm there what should I do? I will also Have a free day(6/01Sat) in Phoenix before I have to catch a flight any suggestions? What would you do:) ?

Thanks,
Clinth
Link Posted: 2/17/2002 10:19:41 AM EDT
[#1]
For the weekend, go north. It gets warm around May. If you have a car, I would suggest a two day drive.

Start in Phoenix, go to Wickenberg, then up through Jerome to Prescott, to Cottonwood (I would recommend a side trip to Montezuma Castle here), then to Sedona then up to Flagstaff. This is a good long day of driving, with stops.  

For the trip back, Flagstaff to Payson to Globe (pass by Roosevelt Lake) then back to Phoenix. This is a shorter drive than the first day.

This is a nice way to see the diversity of the state in two days. Sedona is very "touristy" and full of greenies to laugh at.

Now as my old bumper sticker used to say...

Now you've seen Arizona.
Now go F'n home!
-----------
DOh!!!

I just read that you are starting in Prescott... First night, bar hop down whisky row.
Link Posted: 2/17/2002 10:55:31 AM EDT
[#2]
Naturally, the first thing is driving to the various spots so that you can dispel the myth that AZ is only desert, rattlers and tumbleweeds.

After that since you are in Prescott, might I suggest a trip to J&G Sales [url]http://www.jgsales.com/[/url]

Link Posted: 2/17/2002 11:11:05 AM EDT
[#3]
I have been to Prescott/AZ before but didn’t have time to do a whole lot. I did however make time to bar hop whisky row :) I have also fought fires in AZ so I have seen the country on the job. now I'm trying to figure out what to go see. The Montezuma Castle sound interesting, I think I will see what I can find out about it online. Of course I'm going to J&G sales. What’s some of the better malls in Phoenix? I need to get something for my wife. Closer to the airport the better.

Clinth
Link Posted: 2/17/2002 11:20:10 AM EDT
[#4]
If you need a place to stay, take a look at my office website
www.hermosainn.com
ingore the rates and call and ask for chris, I can get you much better rates. as for things to do, there are some awesome golf courses in the high country if your into that, golf in the valley is real cheap that time of year to.  Go see the Grand Canyon.  Always worth the trip. or in phoenix go see taleisen west. it's a Frank Lloyd Wright museum.

-CK
Link Posted: 2/17/2002 12:28:19 PM EDT
[#5]
I recall that they have a REALLY nice arboretum or horticultural center (or whatever those places are called).  I think it's right next to the zoo.  Highly recommended.

You picked a good time of year to go!
Link Posted: 2/17/2002 1:07:08 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 2/17/2002 2:41:18 PM EDT
[#7]
Closest mall by the Phx airport is Arizona Mills. Aproximately 3-4 miles south of the airport (Priest and Baseline). Big mall, if you like malls you might like it. I am not into malls personally. [url]www.millscorp.com/arizona/index2.html[/url]

The Desert Botanical Gardens is just a couple miles north of the airport (Galvan Parkway south of McDowell). I recommend going in the afternoon/evening around sunset. It really is nice, bring a date if you can. You will be sure to get lucky after that.

You know, just looking for suggestions I ran across this web site [url]www.arizonaguide.com/home/index.asp[/url]. Damn I have found some things that interest ME and I live here! Nice web site.

Aaaa Hell, next week I am telling everyone to bugger off and I am going for a motorcyle ride and relearn my own damn state.
Link Posted: 2/17/2002 2:56:46 PM EDT
[#8]
Thanks for your help Guzzler the AZ guide is pretty cool. I'm not into the mall thing but I figgure If I'm going to Gunsite for 2 more classes I had better get the wife something or this will the last trip to the lower 48 for fun [thinking]

Clinth
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top