Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 6/3/2008 3:10:46 PM EDT
So, I'm taking a sociology course right now. My teacher is the most liberal person I've ever met. She is a white female from NYC, now teaching sociology in Austin, Texas. She constantly says things in class that are not true.

Things like:
"Crime rates in America are so much higher than anywhere else in the world"

"Guns are for protecting ourselves from tyranny, but since we don't have a tyrannical government there is no reason for us to have guns"

"Americans are far more discriminatory against women"

"As a women in NYC I won't walk the streets at night, but in EU women can do what they want, when they want, and they don't have to worry"

"It's racist that we have so many black men in jail here in America, it only shows how discriminatory white male cops are"

"This county is controlled by white men, that's why everyone else is the minority"

I'm 30 years old and I know better than all of this garbage. However, I'm concerned with the fact that this is who we trust to educate the minds of our future generation. I can't stand that these 18 to 22 year old "children" are in class next to me, sucking this crap in like it's reality.

What can I, or should I do?
Link Posted: 6/3/2008 3:13:15 PM EDT
[#1]
How important is the grade for this class?

If not, lay it on the line.

If so, then get teh email addy's of your fellow students and send em all a 'here's the real deal' email after the class has ended.

Option #2 is start taping the classes, then put together a 'best of' falsehoods on the net (anonymously, of course)

Link Posted: 6/3/2008 3:13:32 PM EDT
[#2]
Start with a written complaint to the dean.  Follow up with a letter to the student newspaper if that doesn't go anywhere.

When I had a liberal whitey-hating professor, I wasn't afraid to just get up and walk out of class.
Link Posted: 6/3/2008 3:13:38 PM EDT
[#3]
Lost cause my friend.

Smile and nod, get your grade and go on.

Be successful and conservative: The ultimate insult to her type.

Link Posted: 6/3/2008 3:16:05 PM EDT
[#4]

"Guns are for protecting ourselves from tyranny, but since we don't have a tyrannical government there is no reason for us to have guns"

Ask her how close Bush is to becoming a tyrant. (It doesn't matter that he isn't, it matters that SHE thinks he IS!)  Then ask her how she'd react if it came true?

I'm 30 years old and I know better than all of this garbage. However, I'm concerned with the fact that this is who we trust to educate the minds of our future generation. I can't stand that these 18 to 22 year old "children" are in class next to me, sucking this crap in like it's reality.

The thing we ALL must do is to find a way to 're-educate' the kids so that they will see that they're being systematically lied to and cheated of their rightful inheritance: the country of their birth!
Link Posted: 6/3/2008 3:18:11 PM EDT
[#5]
Sometime when she's right on the verge of breaking, drop this little gem on her:

"In America, there are approx. 40,000 women raped every year...and approx. 80,000 men with the vast majority being white men raped by black men in prison.

Now shut the fuck up you fucking cunt."

or do this:

Lost cause my friend.

Smile and nod, get your grade and go on.

Be successful and conservative: The ultimate insult to her type.
Link Posted: 6/3/2008 3:23:47 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

What can I, or should I do?

Drop the class, and write a letter to the department chair outlining the problems.  They almost certainly won't care, but who knows?  They might.
Link Posted: 6/5/2008 6:47:01 AM EDT
[#7]
Been there done that.

I had a Sociology 101 professor show Fahrenheit 9/11 in class to prepare for a group paper about the war.  Of course, I did my best to disprove everything that came out of Michael Moore's pie hole in the paper and got a B minus out of it.

If it's a required course, be careful.  The only sort of screwing around I'd want to do with these profs is just disproving any bullshit you can in a paper.  
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top