Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/24/2004 11:34:41 PM EDT
OK here is a site-rep:
I am living in the PRK I am 14 so dont fucking tell me to move.
I first got the "Gun Bug" when i shot a .410 pump and a AR15 with a .22 converson at my frends farm, sadley he moved to SanFransisco.
I want to get a Rifle/Shotgun/1911(whats a "Glock"?) but my mom says that i can't becus guns are bad, my dad thinks its fine if it get a rifle/shotgun he whas in the navy and knows a fair amount about guns, (he had a uzi when he moved up here but selled it off to help buy the house) and he says that if i pay for it, he will buy it but i have to get my mother to give the OK first, and that i need to buy a trigger lock and safe so my dumbass sister(s)dont shoot themselves, and i need to take a hunters saftey class.
One of the bad things about living in a small town is there are about 3(1 skeet/trap 1 rifle/pistol 1 indors pistol/small cal rifle) ranges with in 120 klicks, so if i go shooting i whud need to go out in the woods and get a supresor which means i whud need a 10/22 and the 10/22 is not my favorit .22(thats the marlin 39G).

Now that you all have a general idea of this i need some advise:
get a fake gun eg airsoft and paintball untill i can move
keep naging at my mom to let me get a rifle
buy a highpowerd air rifle
join the NG/CA Milita

I have $500 to kill that is burning a hole in my walet.
No smart ass awnsers pleas, and yes i know i suck at spelling.
Link Posted: 8/24/2004 11:41:59 PM EDT
[#1]
Um I don't think airsoft will scratch the gun itch ....

Is your dad willing to work with your mom on it or do you have to convince her yourself?

Are there any ROTC programs in your schools?  I don't know what age people enter high school in California, but you could join the ROTC rifle team.  You usually compete using high powered air rifles, and drill with M1s or M14s.  Doing this might win your mom over to the idea that you are responsible enough to use one.

Edit: when I say drill with a M1 or M14, you don't get to fire them.  The ones our school used had internals taken out to make them inoperable.
Link Posted: 8/24/2004 11:43:31 PM EDT
[#2]
JMHO:
Go with the air rifle, and show them how responsible you are (keep nagging).
At 14, I don't think the National Guard will let you join, Airsoft is a waste of money, and if you buy it without permission you will never hear the end of it.
Link Posted: 8/24/2004 11:44:44 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:

Is your dad willing to work with your mom on it or do you have to convince her yourself?my dad says that he wont help

Are their any ROTC programs in your schools?  I don't know what age people enter high school in California, but you could join the rifle team.  You usually compete using high powered air rifles, and drill with M1s or M14s.  Doing this might win your mom over to the idea that you are responsible enough to use one.dont know i am a home scholed

Link Posted: 8/24/2004 11:51:41 PM EDT
[#4]
sick, buy a good Ruger 10/22.
It looks harmless, and 8 year old kids shoot it all the time.
Search on the web for stories and pics of
kids shooting 10/22s to convince your mom
that its not The Apocolypse if you get one and you will be ok.
Learn to shoot it and don't get anyone killed.
After a couple of years, your mom will see
that you aren't a psycho, and you will be able to get
nicer guns.
You gotta have patience and cunning.
Link Posted: 8/24/2004 11:52:40 PM EDT
[#5]
Air rifle time then.  Just don't do anything stupid with one (like shoot animals and such) or I imagine it'd be game over with your mom.  Plink with it, beg them to buy you a .22 and take you to those ranges when they have the chance, show her you take it seriously as a sport.  I would think you would win her over to the idea of a firearm then.

BTW, wouldn't your choice "Buy it any ways" get you in a world of trouble?  Buying a .22 on your own at 14??  You need to be at least 18 for that, at least you do here and this is a gun friendly state.
Link Posted: 8/25/2004 12:05:48 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
Air rifle time then.  Just don't do anything stupid with one (like shoot animals and such) or I imagine it'd be game over with your mom.  Plink with it, beg them to take you to those ranges when they have the chance, show her you take it seriously as a sport.  I would think you would win her over to the idea of a firearm then.

BTW, wouldn't your choice "Buy it any ways" get you in a world of trouble?  Buying a .22 on your own at 14??  You need to be at least 18 for that, at least you do here and this is a gun friendly state.

yeah i just put that in to see how meny people click it.

now back on topic.
my mom is not a anti but just thinks that i will end up shooting my self in the foot, she is just over protective, all i think i need to do is just prove that i can operate a firearm in a safe maner.
my dad says he will take me to a shooting range if i pay range feas and rent the rifle, and as of yesterday most of the shooting ranges that i called are ether: A closed for the summer B have a $500 year membershp price or C snobish skeet/trap shooters.
i dont perticlery like the 10/22 due to the fact that the mags are strange looking and that i want to get a bolt action or lever action first and learn to aim and not spray-n-pray, so therefore if the ban sets i might get one but more likeley i am geting a 77/22 or a Marlin 39G.
Link Posted: 8/25/2004 12:09:18 AM EDT
[#7]
3 things:
1)
Not so long ago I was where you are.
Airsoft is a tease.
2)
Get permission, otherwise you could end up in all kinds of trouble.
Pickup a good rifle with permission.
Use arguments like:
Keep everything locked up when not going shooting.
Let them know you are ok with having limited access even if you buy it.
Never use the argument that "I bought it, It is mine, therefore I have freewill", you are still 14.
OR
Save another few hundred and get an  M1/good lever action and some ammo/accessories.
Then nag your father to the range at every opportunity, if needed.
3)
Glock is a pistol with a polymer frame that most police carry.
They are available in most pistol calibers.
--good luck.--
Link Posted: 8/25/2004 1:02:16 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Is your dad willing to work with your mom on it or do you have to convince her yourself?my dad says that he wont help

Are their any ROTC programs in your schools?  I don't know what age people enter high school in California, but you could join the rifle team.  You usually compete using high powered air rifles, and drill with M1s or M14s.  Doing this might win your mom over to the idea that you are responsible enough to use one.dont know i am a home scholed

Home schooled?  I never woulda thunk it
Link Posted: 8/25/2004 1:05:19 AM EDT
[#9]
Anyway, I recommend you buy whatever your parents allow you to have (except for the Airsoft).
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top