Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/20/2005 12:24:51 AM EDT
Now there doing them with Speed Racer??????
Link Posted: 5/20/2005 12:29:57 AM EDT
[#1]
cause you remember the name geico, so they are working in some respect
Link Posted: 5/20/2005 12:30:43 AM EDT
[#2]
I don't know about you, but I either hit the Mute button or switch to another station the instant those inebriated commercials come on.
Link Posted: 5/20/2005 12:46:06 AM EDT
[#3]
I don't care for the gecko ads but the ones with the caveman I love.
Link Posted: 5/20/2005 12:59:40 AM EDT
[#4]
It's amazing - I work selling insurance and have 10 very respected companies to sell, some of which (Travelers, Hartford) have been in business for over 150 years.  And yet many people have never heard of them, but EVERYONE knows about GEICO.  Why?  Advertising.  And yet every time I go head-to-head against Geico I spank the shit out of them.  Amazing.
Link Posted: 5/20/2005 1:08:14 AM EDT
[#5]
I got a quote from Geico on my ford focus.  I have nothing on my record for 5+ years.  Geico wanted almost 400.00 a year more then progressive or american family!

I do not know if they are a high risk insurance company or what.  But a friend of mine has a Mitsuibichi eclipse turbo and they wanted almost 1,000 dollars more per year out of him.  Again a clean record except for one ticket for driving with his fog lights on without the headlights.
Link Posted: 5/20/2005 1:11:14 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
It's amazing - I work selling insurance and have 10 very respected companies to sell, some of which (Travelers, Hartford) have been in business for over 150 years.  And yet many people have never heard of them, but EVERYONE knows about GEICO.  Why?  Advertising.  And yet every time I go head-to-head against Geico I spank the shit out of them.  Amazing.

Geicos online quotes kicked the crap out of what I have.  I might have to give you an IM sometime in the next couple of days.  I really need to find a way of knocking down our car insurance rates.
Link Posted: 5/20/2005 1:25:55 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Geicos online quotes kicked the crap out of what I have.  I might have to give you an IM sometime in the next couple of days.  I really need to find a way of knocking down our car insurance rates.

Feel free to - check my sigline for a link to more info and testimonials from other ARFCOMMERS who have used my services
Link Posted: 5/20/2005 1:27:36 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
I got a quote from Geico on my ford focus.  I have nothing on my record for 5+ years.  Geico wanted almost 400.00 a year more then progressive or american family!

I do not know if they are a high risk insurance company or what.  But a friend of mine has a Mitsuibichi eclipse turbo and they wanted almost 1,000 dollars more per year out of him.  Again a clean record except for one ticket for driving with his fog lights on without the headlights.

They assume that most people won't call anyone else due to the advertising.  They also are VERY pushy in trying to sell you.

I just love it when I beat them and switch one of their customers - I tell the customer when they call Geico to cancel that they start off by telling the agent, "I've got great news!  I just saved a ton of money on my car insurance by switching FROM Geico!"
Link Posted: 5/20/2005 3:07:37 AM EDT
[#9]
DVR (TiVo) means not having to watch commercials any longer.  
Link Posted: 5/20/2005 3:08:17 AM EDT
[#10]
Just wait...Theres talk of alot of commercials where you CANT skip them.....May not happen, but then again it may....

Quoted:
DVR (TiVo) means not having to watch commercials any longer.  

Link Posted: 5/20/2005 3:49:23 AM EDT
[#11]
GEICO customers pay for all that incessant (and annoying, childish) advertising on radio & TV.

Aside from that, they also bought radar guns for a bunch of municipalities back in the 90's ("GEICO guns")  which made them an enemy of the responsible motorist, IMO.

I would never do business with them.
Link Posted: 5/20/2005 3:52:04 AM EDT
[#12]
AH... My insurance company is a pleasure to deal with...

USAA.... Been with them since I started driving...

Great customer service, they always go out of their way to accomodate me, and understand the military

I get a rebate check on my premiums every year...

They back you up if you do get in an accident...I know from experience

Air Force Seargeant Association pushes GEICO, but I would never switch

Even if USAA costs more, their service is just too outstanding

Luckily my father was a squid... so I have Navy Federal...Ze best credit union

Link Posted: 5/20/2005 4:05:05 AM EDT
[#13]
The caveman commercials are entertaining, mostly because I now realize that I have known and worked with cavemen.

Besides, those horrid Vonage commercials are now the "mute button champions".  I have come to the conclusion that any company that produces a commercial so damned annoying that I have to go out of my way not to watch it is NEVER going to get my business.

Link Posted: 5/20/2005 4:07:54 AM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:
The caveman commercials are entertaining, mostly because I now realize that I have known and worked with cavemen.

Besides, those horrid Vonage commercials are now the "mute button champions".  I have come to the conclusion that any company that produces a commercial so damned annoying that I have to go out of my way not to watch it is NEVER going to get my business.

The Vonage commercials suck, but their service is the shit. Especially if you are overseas and call back to the States a lot. It is just like having a US telephone, anywhere in the world
Link Posted: 5/20/2005 4:25:05 AM EDT
[#15]
We have a radio commercial here that involves something called "professional finger snapping". I don't even know what they are selling, i hit the scan button so fast I might break it. I swear it plays every 5 minutes.

BTW:  Progressive beat Geico on the boat and both trucks.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top