Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 6/1/2008 8:26:10 PM EDT
So, I'm looking for a new car to replace my massively large Ford Expedition...  The problem is, I'm 6'8" and rather... girthy. ;)  I'd like to find a vehicle that a) is reliable, b) gets somewhat decent mileage (i.e. better then the 13 MPG I get with my truck), c) still has room for a bit of stuff, and d) is from 2000 or newer.  Station wagons are getting a serious look, but I don't even know what makes/models I should be looking at.  I can change my own oil, but that's about the limit of my auto repair skillz.  Any suggestions?
Link Posted: 6/1/2008 10:29:19 PM EDT
[#1]
Ford Taurus?  New or last year's model that hasn't moved here are going for around $14k.  Lots of fleet-maintained vehicles, decent trunks.  And being so plentiful and plain-jane, probably cheap to insure.
Link Posted: 6/1/2008 11:05:27 PM EDT
[#2]
A treadmill?

I Keed
Link Posted: 6/2/2008 2:48:59 PM EDT
[#3]
Hardy har har...  :P
Link Posted: 6/2/2008 2:50:25 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
A treadmill?

I Keed

Oh harsh.  

ETA: Do you realize how big of a guy you just said that to?
Link Posted: 6/3/2008 8:37:19 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
Oh harsh.  

ETA: Do you realize how big of a guy you just said that to?

Just for the record, I might be fat, but I can still bench 345.  :P
Link Posted: 6/4/2008 12:20:57 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
What should I be looking for?

Hookers and blow?
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top