Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 3
Posted: 10/29/2004 9:14:33 AM EDT
...in marriage what does the wife usually bring to the table except pie. It's not worth it guys! 1 or 2 nights fun for a life of misery. I know... NO married guys my age(50) that are "happy" except the ones on meds. Maybe I do not know enough folks. I recall one pal's wedding I went to......SHE SHUT down the PIE THAT DAY!...NO WEDDING NIGHT BLISS!...needless to say after 1yr they were starting divorce,......AFTER he put a roof on HER house, installed a hot water heater, new windows, brought the taxes current, refinanced the property with his credit to a better rate for her, ETC. Its all for her! NO THANKS KEEP YOUR PIE! I've been divorced for 26 yrs........I'm HAPPY as HAPPY can be!
Link Posted: 10/29/2004 9:15:29 AM EDT
[#1]
No aquabumps.
Link Posted: 10/29/2004 9:19:03 AM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
...in marriage what does the wife usually bring to the table except pie. It's not worth it guys! 1 or 2 nights fun for a life of misery. I know... NO married guys my age(50) that are "happy" except the ones on meds. Maybe I do not know enough folks. I recall one pal's wedding I went to......SHE SHUT down the PIE THAT DAY!...NO WEDDING NIGHT BLISS!...needless to say after 1yr they were starting divorce,......AFTER he put a roof on HER house, installed a hot water heater, new windows, brought the taxes current, refinanced the property with his credit to a better rate for her, ETC. Its all for her! NO THANKS KEEP YOUR PIE! I've been divorced for 26 yrs........I'm HAPPY as HAPPY can be!

who pissed in your cocoa puffs this morning?
does someone need a hug?
Link Posted: 10/29/2004 9:20:38 AM EDT
[#3]
Atleast you dont have a rusty fender well.
Link Posted: 10/29/2004 9:20:41 AM EDT
[#4]

My fiancee makes more money than I do, and is smarter than I am.

Link Posted: 10/29/2004 9:22:23 AM EDT
[#5]
I advise you to stay out of the women's forum.
Link Posted: 10/29/2004 9:23:56 AM EDT
[#6]
we have a women's forum?

hell, i didn't know we had any women members!
Link Posted: 10/29/2004 9:24:40 AM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 10/29/2004 9:24:56 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

Better listen to her, she's a dinosaur!
Link Posted: 10/29/2004 9:25:10 AM EDT
[#9]

Just more proof that WAPCE  

(Women Are Pure Concentrated Evil)

nomarriage.com

Zen

"This is my rifle, there are many like it, but this one is mine"
Link Posted: 10/29/2004 9:26:24 AM EDT
[#10]
If there was no Wedding Night Bliss, that would mean the marriage wasn't consumated. Wouldn't that be grounds for an anulment?(spelling)
Link Posted: 10/29/2004 9:28:50 AM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 10/29/2004 9:29:46 AM EDT
[#12]
Besides sex and money, why do we marry women? Why? We don't hang out with them.  They usually have different interests than we do.  I'm not talking about firearms, just everything else.  If the women you know now were guys, would you associate with them?  Probably not.  Let's face it.  We don't have anything in common except sex and paying the bills.  When the sex gets old and the bills pile up, where in the hell are we?  Broke with our dick in our hand.  There has got to be a better way.
Link Posted: 10/29/2004 9:33:09 AM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:
Just more proof that WAPCE  

(Women Are Pure Concentrated Evil)

nomarriage.com

Zen

"This is my rifle, there are many like it, but this one is mine"

Well, I don't know that women are inherently more evil than men, but it sure seems that all the ones I run into have a hell of alot more practice at it.
No marriage for me until marriage is a mutual benefit to both, not just to her.
Link Posted: 10/29/2004 9:35:44 AM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

Well, conidering the male attitude that generally comes with that situation (guy was dating girl for sex, married her because she'd leave otherwise) what do you expect?

Link Posted: 10/29/2004 9:36:20 AM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:
Besides sex and money, why do we marry women? Why? We don't hang out with them.  They usually have different interests than we do.  I'm not talking about firearms, just everything else.  If the women you know now were guys, would you associate with them?  Probably not.  Let's face it.  We don't have anything in common except sex and paying the bills.  When the sex gets old and the bills pile up, where in the hell are we?  Broke with our dick in our hand.  There has got to be a better way.

Maybe you could try being gay - that way you could hang out with the guys, and still have sex.

After all, many people believe being gay is nothing more than a "choice"
Link Posted: 10/29/2004 9:36:21 AM EDT
[#16]
First we state that women require time and money:  
Women = Time X Money

And as we all know “time is money”

Time = Money

Therefore by substituting Money for Time we get:

Women = Money X Money

Women = (Money)2

And because “money is the root of all evil” we therefore can state:

Money = (Evil)1/2

And Since

(Money)2  = Women

Then    (Money)2  = Evil

And we are forced to conclude by substituting "women" for "(money)2" from above that:

Women = Evil            

Link Posted: 10/29/2004 9:37:32 AM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Better listen to her, she's a dinosaur!

Way to recognize.

ROAR!!!!!!!!!!
Link Posted: 10/29/2004 9:39:17 AM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:

Ok, that's a 15-yard penalty for excessive use of commas and indiscriminate use of capital letters.
Link Posted: 10/29/2004 9:54:56 AM EDT
[#19]
Link Posted: 10/29/2004 9:57:55 AM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Ok, that's a 15-yard penalty for excessive use of commas and indiscriminate use of capital letters.

Actually, I only see one improper use of a comma. Which could easily be explained as a typo.
The capitalization, while not grammatically correct, does serve the purpose of emphasizing those words. Something not quite so easily done in written communication. So in internet English it's common place and accepted as the norm.

Speaking of which, I believe that the term "OK" is supposed to have both letters capitalized.
Link Posted: 10/29/2004 10:01:10 AM EDT
[#21]
"why my pie?  why?" - weebl
Link Posted: 10/29/2004 10:03:18 AM EDT
[#22]
Link Posted: 10/29/2004 10:03:23 AM EDT
[#23]
Not gonna go there, nope, not gonna do it,  it wouldn't be prudent at this juncture.
Link Posted: 10/29/2004 10:03:24 AM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:
I'm HAPPY as HAPPY can be!

you don't sound too happy.

+1

Bitter, party of 1?
Link Posted: 10/29/2004 10:04:52 AM EDT
[#25]
I think this shows a good reason for waiting until AFTER marriage to start having sex.

If you wait until AFTER marriage, then you are not getting married for sex, you are getting married because you love eachother and enjoy your relationship.  Then after marriage, sex enters in the relationship and makes it that much sweeter.

Link Posted: 10/29/2004 10:07:33 AM EDT
[#26]
That's funny I asked three coworkers today why they married if they weren't having kids. I just don't understand it.
Link Posted: 10/29/2004 10:08:54 AM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:
I think this shows a good reason for waiting until AFTER marriage to start having sex.

If you wait until AFTER marriage, then you are not getting married for sex, you are getting married because you love eachother and enjoy your relationship.  Then after marriage, sex enters in the relationship and makes it that much sweeter.

Hmm. That's one way to look at it.
The other way of course is that you got WAY TOO HORNY waiting for sex and got married to finally get some.

Just another take on your example.
Link Posted: 10/29/2004 10:10:40 AM EDT
[#28]
uh how many 50 year old divorced guys do you know that are happy? Dont they have the highest suicide rate?
Link Posted: 10/29/2004 10:11:42 AM EDT
[#29]
You hit it off with Palmela Handerson nightly and use that for justification, don't you?
Link Posted: 10/29/2004 10:20:08 AM EDT
[#30]
If anyone remembered the robot movie over the summer, that idea is twenty years away or less. Stepford wives is the same idea. How much harder would it be with current technology to give something like a Realdoll a robotic skeleton, cross wire four or six pentium IV processors and four to six 250 gb drives and have an actual android? Synthetic pie, internally heated using an ethanol fuel cell for power? Will drink you under the table, drag your ass home, make your breakfast and do the nasty right after? What would human women do? Apart from sabotaging the AI?  
Link Posted: 10/29/2004 10:22:15 AM EDT
[#31]

Quoted:
If anyone remembered the robot movie over the summer, that idea is twenty years away or less. Stepford wives is the same idea. How much harder would it be with current technology to give something like a Realdoll a robotic skeleton, cross wire four or six pentium IV processors and four to six 250 gb drives and have an actual android? Synthetic pie, internally heated using an ethanol fuel cell for power? Will drink you under the table, drag your ass home, make your breakfast and do the nasty right after? What would human women do? Apart from sabotaging the AI?  

Get the same thing in a male version I'm sure.
Link Posted: 10/29/2004 10:24:37 AM EDT
[#32]
After being with my wife for 10 years, the sex life is still great. She works at home, so she's there for the kids yet still brings in an income. She shares my interests, and supports the ones she doesn't share. She didn't bat an eyelash when I dropped bou coup bucks to celabrate the demise of the AWB, and baked cookies for me to take to my carbine class a couple of weeks ago. She listens to my conundrums and rambling, and offers concise, valid feedback. She loves remodeling and home decoration, and has provided me with a beautiful, comfortable home. She's funny, sweet, a lover, a friend, everything.

At 38, I have no debt other than my mortgage, have a great home, have money in the bank and am planning to retire in 12 years. She played a huge role in our getting set up so well.

Can't imagine life without her.
Link Posted: 10/29/2004 10:24:51 AM EDT
[#33]

Quoted:

ya know, I'd be on the list for one. PHITPAPP, too.

Robo-pie? Piebot?
Link Posted: 10/29/2004 10:24:56 AM EDT
[#34]

Quoted:

It was inevitable.
Link Posted: 10/29/2004 10:26:36 AM EDT
[#35]

Quoted:
Atleast you dont have a rusty fender well.

+1
Link Posted: 10/29/2004 10:28:45 AM EDT
[#36]

Quoted:

Quoted:

It was inevitable.

I'll be so screwed when she realizes it - I better marry her quickly!  
Link Posted: 10/29/2004 10:30:49 AM EDT
[#37]

Quoted:
After being with my wife for 10 years, the sex life is still great. She works at home, so she's there for the kids yet still brings in an income. She shares my interests, and supports the ones she doesn't share. She didn't bat an eyelash when I dropped bou coup bucks to celabrate the demise of the AWB, and baked cookies for me to take to my carbine class a couple of weeks ago. She listens to my conundrums and rambling, and offers concise, valid feedback. She loves remodeling and home decoration, and has provided me with a beautiful, comfortable home. She's funny, sweet, a lover, a friend, everything.

You are a very lucky man.  I sure hope I can find someone like that some day but the older I get the more I learn not to hold my breath.  
Link Posted: 10/29/2004 10:34:15 AM EDT
[#38]

Quoted:

Was married, eight years. Paid my fine and got released. Been free, and happy, for eight years. I'm smart enough not to do that again.
Link Posted: 10/29/2004 10:38:09 AM EDT
[#39]

Quoted:

Link Posted: 10/29/2004 10:40:13 AM EDT
[#40]
As a young, single guy who's made the choice not to have sex until I'm married (God, that 25 years now! ) the majority opinion of other men on these forums regarding marriage and women doesn't give me a lot of hope.

EDIT: May just be the vocal minority instead of the majorty.
Link Posted: 10/29/2004 10:40:26 AM EDT
[#41]
I don’t know where you guys are finding your girls at..... I have been married for 13 years now... I have been feeling crappy all week sore leg and tired. Well she force fed me pie! Yes I was attacked by a wife slinging pie!
Man I love her... She is also a NRA certified instructor in a number of disciplines..

There out there. You just got to get off your ass and away from the computer from time to time...
Link Posted: 10/29/2004 10:44:15 AM EDT
[#42]

Quoted:
As a young, single guy who's made the choice not to have sex until I'm married (God, that 25 years now! ) the majority opinion of other men on these forums regarding marriage and women doesn't give me a lot of hope.

Agreed, I am also 25, I am also waiting until marriage.  So is my girlfriend, and her and I made that desision together, and waiting was my view before we started going out, so nobody try pulling that card.

I turned sex down in college.  Although the offer came from a girl that probably would have given me STD's  but I still turned it down because I want to wait.

It is looking like I will be asking this girl to marry me in the next few months.  I am very much so looking forward to it.  Not just for the sex either.  Although I must admit I am one horny SOB.
Link Posted: 10/29/2004 10:45:53 AM EDT
[#43]

Quoted:

Damn!!

Man,  that's harsh.
I have to try the pie before I buy!!

Link Posted: 10/29/2004 10:48:08 AM EDT
[#44]
obviously you are not over it yet or you wouldn't have posted this feminine BS.
She must have ripped your heart out and fed it to you OR you screwed up and haven't forgave yourself.
Get a life....
Convincing yourself everyone will end up like you may make you feel better, doesn't make it true.
Link Posted: 10/29/2004 10:48:19 AM EDT
[#45]
Marriages can be good, it's just very hard to find a girl that is not selfish, money hungry, and beautiful.  Plus women are really good at hiding their true selves (the smart ones are) until after marriage.
Link Posted: 10/29/2004 10:49:50 AM EDT
[#46]

Quoted:

better lube your hole dude, sounds like you need a man....
Link Posted: 10/29/2004 10:53:04 AM EDT
[#47]

Quoted:
Convincing yourself everyone will end up like you may make you feel better, doesn't make it true.

+1  You've decided that marriage isn't for you?  Cool, I completely respect that.  But don't post to happily married men that they've made a mistake, they're wasting their time, etc.  They'll make the judgement for themselves.

Alright, I need to stop posting in this thread because I'm getting all fired up.
Link Posted: 10/29/2004 11:09:31 AM EDT
[#48]

Quoted:
First we state that women require time and money:  
Women = Time X Money

And as we all know “time is money”

Time = Money

Therefore by substituting Money for Time we get:

Women = Money X Money

Women = (Money)2

And because “money is the root of all evil” we therefore can state:

Money = (Evil)1/2

And Since

(Money)2  = Women

Then    (Money)2  = Evil

And we are forced to conclude by substituting "women" for "(money)2" from above that:

Women = Evil            

Why the hell has nobody else noted that this man is a genius?

Link Posted: 10/29/2004 11:11:45 AM EDT
[#49]

Quoted:

Why the hell has nobody else noted that this man is a genius?

Because that's been on the internet since 1992.

The Evil Proof image
Link Posted: 10/29/2004 12:07:16 PM EDT
[#50]
1) I'm married, and I don't want kids.  So what?

2) You fuckers that are "saving yourselves" for marriage have screws loose.  JMO, of course.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 3
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top