Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/20/2005 7:00:21 AM EDT
For me?  Pippi Longstocking.  There used to be these odd shows from Sweden that were syndicated in English dubbing when I was a kid and I do believe Pippy Longstocking was the main character, the Pippy in the movies also bothered the hell out of me.  Even the NAME "Pippy Longstocking" just bothers me in some utterly primordial way.

I don't know why, it's just that THAT particular little redhead scared the bejesus out of me.....

Of course, I grew up with a strange fascination for skinny, mischevious redheads......go figure.  

That and the song "New Year's Day" by U2 ( my least favorite band EVER ) that song just makes me feel very uncomfortable.....it's like a bad omen.
Link Posted: 8/20/2005 7:04:59 AM EDT
[#1]
Clowns.  Now I just hate them.
Link Posted: 8/20/2005 7:06:30 AM EDT
[#2]
Fake flowers.   One fell off a table when I was 2 or 3 and poked me with the exposed metal wire...and from then on I thought they were 'attack flowers'.
Link Posted: 8/20/2005 7:08:52 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
Fake flowers.   One fell off a table when I was 2 or 3 and poked me with the exposed metal wire...and from then on I thought they were 'attack flowers'.

WOW......you got me!!!!  I thought NO ONE could top Pippy.
Link Posted: 8/20/2005 7:09:35 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

Bro, EVERYONE hates a clown.

ESPECIALLY ME!!!!
Link Posted: 8/20/2005 7:14:42 AM EDT
[#5]
There are these little green lizards all over the place in Louisiana.  They scared me.  Snakes and frogs didn't bother me but those damned little lizards did.  I had a mean assed cousin that would put fire crackers in their mouths and blow their heads off. Yeah, he was/is an asshole.
Link Posted: 8/20/2005 7:16:27 AM EDT
[#6]
My brother showed me how the curtains in our bedroom looked like a face.  I was afraid of that particular shadow until we moved.  I was glad to be rid of it.
Link Posted: 8/20/2005 8:04:45 AM EDT
[#7]
When I was really little, I don't even know what they are called, but its a big ass eletrical pole, but its all metal framework not a regular pole, I thought they looked like giant skeletal people and would get down on the floorboard of the car whenever we went past one.
Link Posted: 8/20/2005 8:08:21 AM EDT
[#8]
Sock Monkeys.  The grey and red ones.  Still hate 'em, my wife teases me all the time 'bout that!

Travis
Link Posted: 8/20/2005 8:14:23 AM EDT
[#9]
I was afraid of aliens
Link Posted: 8/20/2005 8:18:45 AM EDT
[#10]
Forgot, I have another:  since my crazy mom used to open all the windows and  stuff me in the bathtub every time there was a tornado watch, I had a paranoid fear of tornados.  I figured I had a 50/50 chance of dying every time.  
Link Posted: 8/20/2005 8:19:35 AM EDT
[#11]
The band Quiet Riot's album cover with the crazed guy in the hockey mask.

I was about 4 years old when that came out, every time I walked by the music store in the mall, I would have to go to the bathroom and shit.

home.mchsi.com/~togle/Quiet-Riot-Metal-Health.jpg

It still makes me uncomfortable to look at.
Link Posted: 8/20/2005 8:20:26 AM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

I was about 4 years old when that came out, every time I walked by the music store in the mall, I would have to go to the bathroom and shit.

Link Posted: 8/20/2005 8:20:27 AM EDT
[#13]
The tree outside my window which always managed to rub back and forth across the window panes whenever the wind blew.
Link Posted: 8/20/2005 8:24:36 AM EDT
[#14]
When I was little I was always afraid of strange noises and thought some burglar was in our house.I would lie in bed scared out of my wits thinking some one strange was coming to get me. When I grew older and started to have some assemblence of what sex was I relized those noises were Mom and Dad doing the nasty. Geez you think they would have said something.
Link Posted: 8/20/2005 8:27:33 AM EDT
[#15]
The furnace in my Grandparents basement.  One night I dreamed it turned into frankenstien. It uprooted itself from the floor and came after me with it's broken off connections dragging behind it.

Oh yeah, the next scariest thing was my Gradmother with a switch!
Link Posted: 8/20/2005 8:32:03 AM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:

+11ebentlybillion.

*Shiver*
Link Posted: 8/20/2005 8:33:30 AM EDT
[#17]
H.R. Gigers "ALIEN"
Link Posted: 8/20/2005 11:16:43 AM EDT
[#18]
Leukemia
Link Posted: 8/20/2005 11:30:16 AM EDT
[#19]
Oompa Loompas from Willy Wonka.
Link Posted: 8/20/2005 11:31:30 AM EDT
[#20]
When I was four or five, I was deathly afraid of wind, even if it was clear outside, because I thought a tornado was coming.

By the time I was six I no longer feared it and loved windy days.
Link Posted: 8/20/2005 11:32:59 AM EDT
[#21]
That little talking flute in "H.R. Pufnstuff" gave me the creeps.  The only time I ever watched that show, I had nightmares about that flute.  

Saw it not long ago, the damn thing still gave me the willies.
Link Posted: 8/20/2005 9:29:06 PM EDT
[#22]
ants. all my parents needed to do to get me outta the pool or tub was to threaten to toss in a bunch of ants.

weird, since I never felt the same about other bugs.......
Link Posted: 8/20/2005 9:31:08 PM EDT
[#23]
I dont remember anything in particular that I was afraid of, but I remember my sister being deathly afraid of fresh Asperagus.  She would flip out when she saw it in a grocery store, in the produce section when she was little.
Link Posted: 8/20/2005 9:33:38 PM EDT
[#24]
An old Kirby Vacuum cleaner.

I remember one night  I had a nightmare that I was being strangled by its cord. So after that I was never able to sleep in the same room with a vacuum cleaner.
Link Posted: 8/20/2005 9:35:28 PM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:
Oompa Loompas from Willy Wonka.

Huh? did someone call my name?

ETA: Don't make me start singing and danceing!!!
Link Posted: 8/20/2005 9:37:23 PM EDT
[#26]
My wife or I one will get the oddest one yet.  Her--flipper.  Me--the movie, the return oz.  I screamed like a little school girl and made my parents take me home when I saw them guys with wheels instead of hands.
Link Posted: 8/20/2005 9:39:57 PM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:
H.R. Gigers "ALIEN"

Weird.  I used to have 3 huge framed posters of HR Gigers art hanging in my room.  People would always get freaked out when they saw them.  Had a girl living here for a while that was afraid to go in my room when they were hanging.
Link Posted: 8/20/2005 9:40:44 PM EDT
[#28]
Bigfoot.
I grew up camping nearly every nice weekend in the woods behind the house. It wasnt bears or moutnains lions that bothered me, but bigfoot was another story. I was certain he was real. Hey, after 6 summers of endless campouts you hear alot of shit in the woods at night that just doesnt sound right. WTH else could it have been? Unka-boo? Maybe Taxman and his ammo cans? No Sas-motherfin-squatch thats what!
Link Posted: 8/20/2005 9:41:39 PM EDT
[#29]
Let's see...

the Easter bunny at the mall

a painting of an Indian staring at me on the wall

the big street cleaning machines
Link Posted: 8/20/2005 9:41:48 PM EDT
[#30]
Ventriloquist dummies.

Especially the old fashioned ones. They keep em in a box because if they dont, they will escape and kill you. Never lock eyes with a ventriloquist dummy. they will remember you and kill you. The sound of little wooden feet clip clopping down the hall to my bedroom, their little wooden shank in his little hand behind his back.

I should not tell you about this because he is probably looking for me now. I can only hope the master remembered to lock him in his dummy box. I can only hope. But I am sure after so many years, the master gives in and leaves the box open on occasion, just to let the dummy kill his fill of little children.

clip clop clip clop, he is comming.

Quick what is the best round to use against a ventriloquist dummy? Quick.
Link Posted: 8/20/2005 9:43:11 PM EDT
[#31]
My parents told me that I threw a fit when they took me to see Santa when I was like 2 or 3, but I don't remember that one.

What I do remember is being deathly afraid of my curtain being even the slightest bit open.  If I could see even the tiniest sliver of light on my wall coming from an opening in the curtains, I'd freak out and be afraid that someone was able to peek in and watch me sleep, then I'd be too scared to get up and fix it, so I'd close my eyes tightly and go to sleep after about two hours.  

These days, I am just scared to death of bees.  I've seen My Girl a few too many times.
Link Posted: 8/20/2005 9:43:28 PM EDT
[#32]

Quoted:
That little talking flute in "H.R. Pufnstuff" gave me the creeps.  The only time I ever watched that show, I had nightmares about that flute.  

I get creeped out by the fucken witch.  Or Charles Nelson Riley from "Lidsville"
Link Posted: 8/20/2005 9:43:45 PM EDT
[#33]

Quoted:

home.mchsi.com/~togle/Quiet-Riot-Metal-Health.jpg

It still makes me uncomfortable to look at.

My buddy made that mask in shop and on Haloween he sat on the front porch in a rocking chair  wearing it while playing  Van Halens eruption on his guitar. No kid dared to approach.
Link Posted: 8/20/2005 9:44:58 PM EDT
[#34]

Quoted:
Bigfoot.
I grew up camping nearly every nice weekend in the woods behind the house. It wasnt bears or moutnains lions that bothered me, but bigfoot was another story. I was certain he was real. Hey, after 6 summers of endless campouts you hear alot of shit in the woods at night that just doesnt sound right. WTH else could it have been? Unka-boo? Maybe Taxman and his ammo cans? No Sas-motherfin-squatch thats what!

hhmmmm now where exactly do you live? I've got this "noise maker" that makes the most horrible moaning sound you've ever heard in your life. With me stomping around rustling bushes I could make you belive bigfoot was in your back yard!!!!
Link Posted: 8/20/2005 9:49:06 PM EDT
[#35]

Quoted:
Bigfoot.

There was  movie out when I was a kid that scared the heck out of me. A bigfoot reached into the bathroom while a guy was taking a dump. Great movie, scared the crap out of me. Bigfoot was scarier than any animal out there to me. Of course all the Skunkape stuff in the 70's didnt make going camping in the scouts any easier. Every sound or smell was a bigfoot waiting for a scout foolish enough to sneak out ot the tent and pee. I think my bladder is still messed up because of those years.
Link Posted: 8/20/2005 9:50:47 PM EDT
[#36]
Ghoules.  When I was little I was told they could not be killed even if you clawed out their eyeballs with your fingers.  They would appear dead then they would come back to life and would never stop trying to kill you in an evil fashion.  Very disturbing and very many sleepless nights for several years.  I'm OK now thanks to my friend Vodka.
Link Posted: 8/20/2005 9:53:07 PM EDT
[#37]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Bigfoot.

hhmmmm now where exactly do you live? I've got this "noise maker" that makes the most horrible moaning sound you've ever heard in your life. With me stomping around rustling bushes I could make you belive bigfoot was in your back yard!!!!

Theres a sight....Cape_hunter in boxers hosing down the yard with his M4 at 3am complete with combat roll, tactical reloads and smoke while you hide accross the street LYAO!
Link Posted: 8/20/2005 9:54:38 PM EDT
[#38]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
Bigfoot.

Theres a sight....Cape_hunter in boxers hosing down the yard with his M4 at 3am complete with combat roll, tactical reloads and smoke while you hide accross the street LYAO!

Like in Predator
Link Posted: 8/20/2005 9:59:37 PM EDT
[#39]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Bigfoot.

There was  movie out when I was a kid that scared the heck out of me. A bigfoot reached into the bathroom while a guy was taking a dump. Great movie, scared the crap out of me. Bigfoot was scarier than any animal out there to me. Of course all the Skunkape stuff in the 70's didnt make going camping in the scouts any easier. Every sound or smell was a bigfoot waiting for a scout foolish enough to sneak out ot the tent and pee. I think my bladder is still messed up because of those years.

Try watching that movie and living in the NW! When bigfoot hunters were the norm on the local news!!

We used to tie my sisters dog up outside the tent as an offering of sorts. We figured he would make a good treat while me and my buddies hightailed it outta dodge. Even put her cat in a box one time and set it out about 15 yards from the tent. I thought for sure that would work. All that did was get me in trouble with mom. Dad thought it was funny as hell at least. What? I sure as hell wasnt going to leave my dog out there, he slept in the tent. I look back now and think how lucky I was that a lion or bobcat in the area didnt come take a closer look and eat my sisters dog or cat. THough back then lions knew dogs ment they would be chased.
CH
Link Posted: 8/20/2005 10:19:58 PM EDT
[#40]

Quoted:
Leukemia

You win.
Link Posted: 8/21/2005 7:34:33 AM EDT
[#41]

Quoted:

Hell on wheels....that whole damn show gave me the creeps.......to this day that and Lidsville just creep me out!!!!

GREAT ANSWERS EVERYONE!!!!!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top