BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/11/2004 5:02:05 AM EDT
What new guns can we expect next week?
Links?
Link Posted: 9/11/2004 5:26:29 AM EDT
[#1]
I don't forsee any "new" firearm types coming up, just 'properly' configured ones.
They'll be shipping out firearms like they were originally designed a long time ago.
Link Posted: 9/11/2004 5:33:32 AM EDT
[#2]
I, for one, might be interested in a 16" bbl. flattop with collapseable stock...
Link Posted: 9/11/2004 5:36:50 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
Links?

Uzis and AK-47s of course .... we have not been able to get them for 10 years now
Link Posted: 9/11/2004 5:38:36 AM EDT
[#4]
I cant wait to buy my first full auto uzi from a 10 yr old out of the back of a truck for $100.  Man, I'm so stoked.
Link Posted: 9/11/2004 5:58:19 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Links?

Uzis and AK-47s of course .... we have not been able to get them for 10 years now

I'm still waiting for BATF to approve my Uzi SBR transfer from Vector to my FFL.  They wouldn't let me order a folding stock for it until the AWB ended.  They're getting a phone call from me Monday.  Even though you're right that we could buy them all along, it will make folding Uzi's and AK-47's a lot cheaper and thus more available.

Olyarms,  Vector (www.vectorarms.com) will have Uzi's with folders and also AK's with under-folders.  Not really new, but definitely 'improved' with more evil-ness.
Link Posted: 9/11/2004 8:14:10 AM EDT
[#6]
That depends on what is on the Import Ban list, which is unaffected by the sunset.

Are Armscorp of the Phillippines AR15s on the Ban List? That would be interesting.
Link Posted: 9/11/2004 8:30:04 AM EDT
[#7]
I've heard prior stirrings about Sig possibly making a 550-type rifle domestically, and also of someone doing a domestic version of the AUG.  Not sure if those have progressed any.
Link Posted: 9/11/2004 8:38:35 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
I've heard prior stirrings about Sig possibly making a 550-type rifle domestically, and also of someone doing a domestic version of the AUG.  Not sure if those have progressed any.

From what I heard, the higher ups in swissland dont want the Sig factory here to make civvie legal 55x rifles.  DSA is possibly going to make AUG clones.
Link Posted: 9/11/2004 8:39:35 AM EDT
[#9]

Even though you're right that we could buy them all along, it will make folding Uzi's and AK-47's a lot cheaper and thus more available.

I'm think dealers will jack the prices up myself....
Link Posted: 9/11/2004 8:43:13 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

Quoted:

From what I heard, the higher ups in swissland dont want the Sig factory here to make civvie legal 55x rifles.  DSA is possibly going to make AUG clones.

I'm guessing that Bushmaster agree to pay out a huge settlement because of a lawsuit against them - would pretty much deter any large company like SIG from building a factory in the U.S.
Link Posted: 9/11/2004 8:52:01 AM EDT
[#11]
Something I have wondered, what will we gain as far as precision rifles?  Anything we can add or anything new?
Link Posted: 9/11/2004 8:54:42 AM EDT
[#12]
Norinco is coming out with the MK-30TPS!!!!

Stands for "Mass Killer- 30 Thrusts Per Squeeze!!!!"
Link Posted: 9/11/2004 9:02:50 AM EDT
[#13]
Sig 550...Sig 550...Sig 550...if we say it enough times it might just happen...
Link Posted: 9/11/2004 9:07:52 AM EDT
[#14]
I know Ak's an so on. But any one know of talk from perhaps HK and so on building some new domestic guns? Like Semi G36, Ump's with a 16inch barrel and so on.
Link Posted: 9/11/2004 9:09:45 AM EDT
[#15]
DSA needs to make HK94 copies.

I would save my coins for that!
Link Posted: 9/11/2004 9:43:07 AM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:

Even though you're right that we could buy them all along, it will make folding Uzi's and AK-47's a lot cheaper and thus more available.

I'm think dealers will jack the prices up myself....

Vector dropped the prices a few months on their Uzi's by $200.
Link Posted: 9/11/2004 9:46:35 AM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:
Something I have wondered, what will we gain as far as precision rifles?  Anything we can add or anything new?

The only thing you will get in the Precision Rifle market are a few things that DID NOT EXIST in 94.

The ability to buy the Mk12 SPR and the Mk11 Sniper Rifle OVER THE COUNTER.
Link Posted: 9/11/2004 9:54:15 AM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Check out the "Specual Weponns" website. If it is true they will be making it, then....
(spelling intentional to avoid being sued.)
Link Posted: 9/11/2004 10:19:29 AM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:
Links?

Everything currently available will be available in 'proper' config...

Other than PARA FALs and other folding-stock versions of current guns that are substantially different from what's sold, you won't see any 'new' models for a while...

The first 'new' gun will be DSA's Aug if they ever make them...

IMI may start making UZIs here too, but those are available anyhow from Vector, etc...
Link Posted: 9/11/2004 3:15:45 PM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:

Most 'precision' rifles out there are not semiauto and are thus not regulated by the ban.

The only exceptions I can think of are the HK PSG and MSG, but (a) HK doesn't do US civvie sales, and (b) For that price you can get a SR-25 tuned up well enough to do the same thing...
Link Posted: 9/11/2004 3:17:24 PM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:

Quoted:

The only thing you will get in the Precision Rifle market are a few things that DID NOT EXIST in 94.

The ability to buy the Mk12 SPR and the Mk11 Sniper Rifle OVER THE COUNTER.

if the SPR you're referring to is the FN weapon, that's bolt action and not affected by the ban... If you're talking about an 18" bbled precision AR variant, ndever mind...
Link Posted: 9/11/2004 3:20:03 PM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:
Norinco is coming out with the MK-30TPS!!!!

Except that  anything  new made by Norinco is covered under a  separate import ban.
Link Posted: 9/12/2004 5:56:29 AM EDT
[#23]
Yeah the whole norinco import ban is weird. No ak's or other "evil" weapons but they can import 'sporting' arms like the trench shotgun, which is an imitation of an old WWI gun. Bayonet included!!!
Link Posted: 9/12/2004 6:06:42 AM EDT
[#24]
I might be in for an Uzi, simply because people like Feinstein are so scared of them. And the fact that cheap 9mm is not too hard to find is another.

What makes me most happy though is that I will now have the choice to go out and buy a gun with those evil features if I choose to do so and not be forced to get a bastardized version.
Link Posted: 9/12/2004 6:27:50 AM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:
Yeah the whole norinco import ban is weird. No ak's or other "evil" weapons but they can import 'sporting' arms like the trench shotgun, which is an imitation of an old WWI gun. Bayonet included!!!

It isn't just firearms, the import ban of 2003 includes most all, if not everything, that NORINCO makes and exports to the U.S.
Link Posted: 9/12/2004 6:29:19 AM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:

I understood that importation of the M97 clones was also stopped- and for the same reason, slave labor of political prisoners was used in their construction.
Link Posted: 9/12/2004 7:51:17 AM EDT
[#27]
Link Posted: 9/12/2004 7:52:35 AM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:

Quoted:

+1

I have heard the same thing myself from Sig reps. Sig/America wants to make them.
Link Posted: 9/12/2004 7:58:28 AM EDT
[#29]
I would scrimp and save to have a 550.  If they are $2,500 I will find a way.

Heres an interesting one.  The FNC is on the ban list (for 12 more hours).  FNC auto sears are CHEEEEP at around $3000.  I wish I could afford one RIGHT NOW, because someone is going to start making or importing FNCs.....
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top