Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/31/2001 3:03:38 PM EDT
I have one made by Norinco.  Is this a good AK clone?  I wanted an AK with a collapsable stock but the pre-bans go for about 2 G's around here.  What parts will make this a better AK clone?  

Thanks!
Link Posted: 3/31/2001 3:12:17 PM EDT
[#1]
IVE GOT A MAK90,THEY ARE ALRIGHT FOR PLINKING BUT NOT VERY ACCURATE.I COULD HAVE BOUGHT A NORINCO LAST WEEK WITH THE BOTTOM FOLDER STOCK,FRONT HAND GRIP,AND 75 ROUND DRUM W/240 ROUNDS OF AMMO FOR 400.00 BUT DIDNT HAVE THE MONEY.OH WELL STILL GOT MINE W/DRAGANOV STOCK.I LIKE IT. I CAN SHOOT CHEAP.[frag]
Link Posted: 3/31/2001 3:48:17 PM EDT
[#2]
I have a MAK-90 by Maadi.  It is Egyptian made.  The quality wasn't to bad for the price, $200.00.  This is the only AK-type rifle I own, so I can not compare quality.  I know it is no AR!  I haven't fired it much, maybe 300rnds.  I did notice that the bolt worked hard, until I "expanded" the receiver.  I have added a B-square scope mount (kind that is mounted by replacing the trigger pin).  I will mount an inexpensive red dot optic on it.  This is my  loaner rifle when a friend wants to go to the range with me.  Magazines are cheap for it, I bought  a dozen waffle side East German mags for $6.95 each.  

OSA
Link Posted: 3/31/2001 4:10:57 PM EDT
[#3]
I bought the Norinco MAK 90 new years ago. Paid $300 for the gun and a case of 1200 rounds of ammo. How cost effictive is this?  I have never had a problem one with it after firing over two thousand rounds throught it. I would like to convert it to the traditional pistol grip stock but am unaware where they sell these kits and also whether it is legal or not. It is not a tack driver but still I could not be more impressed with this firearm.
Link Posted: 3/31/2001 4:18:22 PM EDT
[#4]
Getsome go over to AK-47.net there are alot of US part kits for stamped receiver AKs. I have an ACE kit on my milled MAK90. You need hammer, trigger,sear,pistolgrip,buttstock and handguards. Six parts. RH
Link Posted: 3/31/2001 4:55:51 PM EDT
[#5]
I'm trying to talk my buddy into letting me buy his someday...
Link Posted: 3/31/2001 5:06:50 PM EDT
[#6]
I got my Norinco MAK-90 in 1994 when there was a big scare of them becoming extinct. It's been extremely reliable ever since, without even a hiccup. I'd easily trust my life to it if necessary.
Link Posted: 3/31/2001 5:08:29 PM EDT
[#7]
The MAK90 is a rugged, reliable, plinker. Couldn't get better than 4 MOA out of it though.
Link Posted: 3/31/2001 5:14:54 PM EDT
[#8]
Originally Posted By Hvy AR:
The MAK90 is a rugged, reliable, plinker. Couldn't get better than 4 MOA out of it though.
View Quote
[b] Yeah, what Hvy AR said[/b]Mine isn't the most accurate, but it goes bang when I pull the trigger. [:D] Milldude
Link Posted: 4/1/2001 1:13:27 AM EDT
[#9]
Got one, and have pretty much the same impression as everyone else - not terribly accurate, but sturdy, reliable, and FUN.
Link Posted: 4/1/2001 7:15:06 AM EDT
[#10]
Anyone have any thoughts on the Saiga103-7.62 AK rifle conversion gunsmoke has ?  There's a picture in the AK complete rifles for sale forum.  

Warlock
Link Posted: 4/1/2001 7:32:23 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Anyone have any thoughts on the Saiga103-7.62 AK rifle conversion gunsmoke has ?  There's a picture in the AK complete rifles for sale forum.  

Warlock
View Quote

IMHO, it's the best value there is, in an AK. Nice rifle.
Link Posted: 4/1/2001 9:59:58 AM EDT
[#12]
The milled reciever versions (Polytech manufacture) are an absolute steal,
and I can shoot an inch with mine.
All day.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top