Link Posted: 12/21/2009 10:34:05 AM EDT
[#1]
yes
Link Posted: 12/21/2009 10:35:06 AM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:

Some sort of book reader device?

Yes.  Isnt google great?
Its an electronic book of sorts.  You download books and read them.  I have never seen/used one, but the people that I know have them love them.

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B0015T963C/?tag=googhydr-20&hvadid=4566159445&ref=pd_sl_19calxq4k4_e

Link Posted: 12/21/2009 10:44:09 AM EDT
[#3]
Got one, love it.

The Kindle versions of the books are cheaper and 5 minutes after you buy them they appear on your device.

Wife is a traditional book reader and was very skeptical of mine when I got it, now she wants her own.

Link Posted: 12/21/2009 10:45:20 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

Quoted:
Some sort of book reader device?

Yes.  Isnt google great?

Its an electronic book of sorts.  You download books and read them.  I have never seen/used one, but the people that I know have them love them.

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B0015T963C/?tag=googhydr-20&hvadid=4566159445&ref=pd_sl_19calxq4k4_e

http://g-ecx.images-amazon.com/images/G/01/kindle/turing/photos/hello-05._V207963384_.jpg

I'd like to put my hands all over that...
Link Posted: 12/21/2009 10:47:34 AM EDT
[#5]
People are raving about them, I checked one out and didn't care for it personally. It'd make sense if you're someone who does a lot of traveling though. Barnes and Nobel is supposed to be coming out with a similar, much improved device.
Link Posted: 12/21/2009 10:48:06 AM EDT
[#6]
I don't know but I am FUCKING SICK of the damn commercial they run over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over on the damn Military Channel..

I know you guys have seen it...It has the broad laying on her back with the damn still frames made into a little cloud/air plane movie...
Link Posted: 12/21/2009 10:52:48 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

People are raving about them, I checked one out and didn't care for it personally. It'd make sense if you're someone who does a lot of traveling though. Barnes and Nobel is supposed to be coming out with a similar, much improved device.

The Nook.  It is already out...sorta.

Sony is also coming out with a wireless E-book reader called the Daily Edition.  (in addition to their line of non-wireless ones already out)

Link Posted: 12/21/2009 10:53:25 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

Got one, love it.

The Kindle versions of the books are cheaper and 5 minutes after you buy them they appear on your device.

Wife is a traditional book reader and was very skeptical of mine when I got it, now she wants her own.

...and a couple of months after you buy them they disappear forever.  Unlike real books that I give to a friend or hang onto to read later.  

Link Posted: 12/21/2009 10:58:29 AM EDT
[#9]
There's one under the tree with my name on it from my daughter.

I git the leather cover and light too.  We're both avid readers, and it's smaller and lighter than a real book so it's easier to tote around on my duty days.  I'll give you all a range report after Christmas is anyone's interested.

ETA: As promised (but not requested)
a range report of the Amazon Kindle:

So far it's an amazing little device - slim (around 3/8").  The display is VERY easy to read, even before I changed the font size and it has a reflective screen so even in full sunlight there is no glare.  I downloaded Stephen Kings "Under The Dome" as my first read.  Matthew Bracken's books are not in the Kindle Store.  

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top