Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/29/2006 5:11:21 PM EDT
Did the deadline pass? What happened?
Link Posted: 1/29/2006 5:22:14 PM EDT
[#1]
Deadline came and went...no further word.  I've heard rumblings that it was staged/a hoax.  

Apparently the group who took responsibility has never been heard from before this incident...so that and their demands (to release women prisoners...which I gather is out of the norm...like WAAAAY out of the norm...) lead some to question the authenticity of the captors......

No flame intended.  I'm going to go search the net now 'cause my curiosity is perked.
Link Posted: 1/29/2006 5:22:56 PM EDT
[#2]
OOPS!  A DUPE!
Link Posted: 1/29/2006 5:23:15 PM EDT
[#3]
tag 'cause I wanna know too.
Link Posted: 1/30/2006 12:14:22 PM EDT
[#4]
UPDATE...which is to say, the update is there is no update.....something stinks.  I cannot find ANY new information from ANY media outlet....strange.  Seems like everyone has backed away from the story.  Only Rush Limbaugh lists her in a story the title of which is (paraphrasing to follow!), "Jill Carroll hostage story smells funny..."...

Anyone else?
Link Posted: 1/30/2006 12:15:15 PM EDT
[#5]
the pussies couldnt do it.
Link Posted: 1/30/2006 12:16:51 PM EDT
[#6]
Cable news is showing video of her today begging in tears for the release of the rest of the female detainees
Link Posted: 1/30/2006 12:20:38 PM EDT
[#7]
Since we negotiated with the terrorists and released 'some' of the women, that bought us some more time.
Link Posted: 1/30/2006 12:21:18 PM EDT
[#8]
I love the story of the Gemran hostage who was "released". They found ransom money in her pockets.
And this was after the Germans had released convicted terrorist who had killed Americans in Germany.
Link Posted: 1/30/2006 12:59:26 PM EDT
[#9]
Dig this

Is it wrong of me to wonder if she's switched sides? I hope not, and I hope they release her... but it wouldn't be the first time some bleeding heart found they identified more with the bad guys than the good guys...
Link Posted: 1/30/2006 1:03:33 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
Since we negotiated with the terrorists and released 'some' of the women, that bought us some more time.

Nobody has been released yet.
Link Posted: 1/30/2006 1:14:43 PM EDT
[#11]

Is it wrong of me to wonder if she's switched sides?

It sometimes happens, it's called Stockholm Syndrome, a psychological trick the mind sometimes plays on victims.

Patty Hearst was said to be a victim of Stockholm Syndrome when she was supposedly held by the Symbionese (sp?) Liberation Army, a left wing wacko terrorist group, I think Patty Hearst was in on it from the beginning.
Link Posted: 1/30/2006 1:15:43 PM EDT
[#12]
Why, I thought you totally loved arab culture, Jill.

Link Posted: 1/30/2006 1:15:46 PM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 1/30/2006 1:20:13 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

Is it wrong of me to wonder if she's switched sides?

It sometimes happens, it's called Stockholm Syndrome, a psychological trick the mind sometimes plays on victims.

Patty Hearst was said to be a victim of Stockholm Syndrome when she was supposedly held by the Symbionese (sp?) Liberation Army, a left wing wacko terrorist group, I think Patty Hearst was in on it from the beginning.

I know about Stockholm.

This chick's been all over the local news because she has Michigan ties. They've said she loved the Arab culture... Part of me wonders if she's in too deep and either has crossed over, or is being used.
Link Posted: 1/30/2006 1:20:57 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:
Why, I thought you totally loved arab culture, Jill.

www.foxnews.com/images/191483/3_22_013006_carroll1.jpg

Anyone want to bet she practised her crying bit, like that Italian reporter did?
Link Posted: 1/30/2006 1:21:17 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Nobody has been released yet.

didn't we release 5 women two days ago?
Thought I had read that.

We conveniently- on the last day of the demand- released over 400 Iraqi prisoners last week, there were 5 women in the mix, with IIRC 3 left to go. Of course this had 100% nothing to do with the kidnappers demands....

Link Posted: 1/30/2006 1:24:31 PM EDT
[#17]
Some other photo's prior to this she was wearing head coverings while she worked with the Christian Science Monitor. So to see her wearing that is nothing to be ALARMED over.

On the other hand, the scumbags who have her prolly dolled her up with it on for the rest of us.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top