Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 7/17/2005 9:18:39 AM EDT
Can I still buy Romanian AK clones?
Link Posted: 7/17/2005 9:25:28 AM EDT
[#1]
Head to the AK discussion forums and there is an 8 page thread waiting for you there.  Bottom line is, as far as AKs the price will go up and you won't get original barrels anymore, but you will still be able to get them.  The Century WASRs will still be available because they are converted low-cap rifles.  Some rare guns like Galil and HK33 types will die because nobody will bother to make US made barrels for them.  

Basically, the rule of thumb when it comes to politically incorrect rifles is buy what you want when you can, because they don't get cheaper or easier to get as time goes by.  I remember when SAR-2s were $275 all day long.  Others can remember a time when you could buy Chinese SKS's for $75 retail.  
Link Posted: 7/17/2005 9:41:36 AM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
Head to the AK discussion forums and there is an 8 page thread waiting for you there.  Bottom line is, as far as AKs the price will go up and you won't get original barrels anymore, but you will still be able to get them.  The Century WASRs will still be available because they are converted low-cap rifles.  Some rare guns like Galil and HK33 types will die because nobody will bother to make US made barrels for them.  

Basically, the rule of thumb when it comes to politically incorrect rifles is buy what you want when you can, because they don't get cheaper or easier to get as time goes by.  I remember when SAR-2s were $275 all day long.  Others can remember a time when you could buy Chinese SKS's for $75 retail.  

Still 99.95 here for Norks as I just picked up one still in cosmolene, Bayonet and all. Number matching.
Link Posted: 7/17/2005 9:42:38 AM EDT
[#3]
You will be able to get AKs for some time. The manufacturers here in the US have plenty of bbls, etc. There will be some eventual changes in price, and perhaps availability but I would not expect anything extreme.
The price of kits WILL go up for individual buyers but probably not much for volume buyers.

There will be any number of ways to get around it with various companies trying different strategies based on what is most economic for them. The sky is not falling.
Link Posted: 8/3/2005 1:03:59 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
The sky is not falling.

The sky IS falling.  But it's falling so slowly most people don't realize it.  And don't do anything about it even if they do.

The problem isn't the ATFE.  The problem is a people that aren't willing to take action.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top