Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/6/2006 6:39:10 AM EDT
What gun did the Great White Hunter Van Pelt use in Jumanji? Not his original rifle, the crazy looking thing with the drum magazine that I think he picked up in the department store.
Link Posted: 1/6/2006 6:39:57 AM EDT
[#1]
FNC?

ETA:  That was just a "tag."  I want to know the answer too.
Link Posted: 1/6/2006 6:40:16 AM EDT
[#2]
I looked at ti mutiple times, looks like some HK, not sure though
Link Posted: 1/6/2006 6:46:36 AM EDT
[#3]
It is the updated version of the gun used in Heat
Link Posted: 1/6/2006 6:47:56 AM EDT
[#4]
A .460 Wby Mag shooting 500gr bullets..
Link Posted: 1/6/2006 6:48:52 AM EDT
[#5]
Did you notice that the same guy that played Alan's father (Jonathan Hyde) also played Van Pelt?

That's some seriously good movie psychology, right there.
Link Posted: 1/6/2006 6:50:35 AM EDT
[#6]
It was a Daewoo USAS-12 shotgun
Link Posted: 1/6/2006 6:51:12 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

damn, beat me to it!
Link Posted: 1/6/2006 7:50:21 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

Didn't quite look like a USAS-12, but I see the resemblance. Still, he shot way more than 20 rounds out of that thing and that's all the drum mags hold. I guess I'll have to see it again some time.

As for the actor playing the dad also playing Van Pelt, that's a reference to Peter Pan: traditionally, in both movies and play versions, Wendy's father also plays Captain Hook.
Link Posted: 1/6/2006 7:50:37 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
Did you notice that the same guy that played Alan's father (Jonathan Hyde) also played Van Pelt?

That's some seriously good movie psychology, right there.

I must have watched that movie 20 times, I NEVER noticed that.
It totally makes sense, because he's supposed to be trying to please his father.
good move, even if the effects are a little dated now.

Brian
Link Posted: 1/6/2006 8:01:33 AM EDT
[#10]
It was the gun the bad guys used in Robocop with high explosive bullets that make cars leap into the air and burst into flames.  
Link Posted: 1/6/2006 9:30:37 AM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
It was the gun the bad guys used in Robocop with high explosive bullets that make cars leap into the air and burst into flames.  

The was the Barret Model 82 .50cal (an early model, at that).
Link Posted: 1/6/2006 10:47:45 AM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Didn't quite look like a USAS-12, but I see the resemblance. Still, he shot way more than 20 rounds out of that thing and that's all the drum mags hold. I guess I'll have to see it again some time.

As for the actor playing the dad also playing Van Pelt, that's a reference to Peter Pan: traditionally, in both movies and play versions, Wendy's father also plays Captain Hook.

It was a USAS 12.

People think it was something else because the gun had a lot of movie prop add ons. Like an after maket PSG-1 black grip, and NV scope, and a flach hider.

But the 12ga drum was the dead give away.
Link Posted: 1/6/2006 12:16:37 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

It was a USAS 12.

People think it was something else because the gun had a lot of movie prop add ons. Like an after maket PSG-1 black grip, and NV scope, and a flach hider.

And the big-ass bore.
The first time I saw that (looking down the barrel in the gun shop) I knew it wasn't a rifle.
Link Posted: 1/7/2006 11:15:12 AM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

It was a USAS 12.

And the big-ass bore.
The first time I saw that (looking down the barrel in the gun shop) I knew it wasn't a rifle.

I want one. I have absolutely NO idea what I would do with it, but I still want one.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top