Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/18/2002 9:23:43 PM EDT
Forgive my ignorance:  Can you have a collapsable stock/flashhider/bayo lug on one of those california legal abomnations? I don't live in the PRK, but nonetheless I may want one of those for my young son.  

I was under the impression that with a non-detachable mag, I can have one more evil feature besides the pistol grip.  I would particularily like to put a collapsible stock on it for him, as he's too small for the A2 stock. It's also less complex and he won't be able to blast through all my ammo so quickly :)

Link Posted: 5/18/2002 10:47:18 PM EDT
[#1]
since it doesnt take a detachable mag it is excempt from the crime bill and can have any feature u want as long as you stay within barrel and over all length regs (unless you reg it as a SBR)
Link Posted: 5/18/2002 11:21:24 PM EDT
[#2]
I thought you could only have two evil features.
Link Posted: 5/19/2002 5:15:57 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
I thought you could only have two evil features.
View Quote

Evil features are applicable to semi-automatic weapons that are fed by a removable magazine.  Since FAB10 doesn't have a removable mag, features are cleansed by magic and become 'neat' instead of 'evil'.

Cyrax777 is on target with minimum barrel length (16") and overall length (26" if you're not out in the prk).

-hanko
Link Posted: 5/22/2002 6:50:08 AM EDT
[#4]
Has anyone seen a copy of a BATF letter stating that the AW ban doesn't apply and that the mag is not detachable in their view? I've seen the one from CA-DOJ specifically for the FAB-10, but not one from BATF for the FAB-10.
Link Posted: 5/22/2002 6:56:48 AM EDT
[#5]
Stator: The bottom of the FAB-10's magazine well is a solid chunk of aluminum, the magazine is definitely not detachable.  There is also no magazine catch to accomodate a detachable magazine, the AW ban does not apply.

Kharn
Link Posted: 5/22/2002 6:59:10 AM EDT
[#6]
Respectfully, I didn't ask whether it was detachable or not. I ask whether anyone has seen a copy of a letter from BATF for the FAB-10. Do you remember the MKS reweld episode?
Link Posted: 5/25/2002 10:19:07 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Respectfully, I didn't ask whether it was detachable or not. I ask whether anyone has seen a copy of a letter from BATF for the FAB-10. Do you remember the MKS reweld episode?
View Quote

I have two letters from the DOJ that states it is legal to own in a pre-ban configuration.
- Sulaco
Link Posted: 5/26/2002 8:44:56 PM EDT
[#8]
One thing you can’t attach is a flare launcher… from what I remember.
- Sulaco
Link Posted: 5/26/2002 8:54:41 PM EDT
[#9]
So lets say I buy this FAB10.  What happens if Kalifornia and federal gov reverses AW ban?  Can I install Mag catch and make it accept detachable 30rd mag?  I'm trying to determine if FAB10 is worth buying or not.  
Link Posted: 5/26/2002 8:58:23 PM EDT
[#10]
You had better put a Big Bayo on the from or a bat for the stock.

10 round attached mag.  you will need the backup.

[:D]

I am sorry my brother has one in Cali. I give him hell all of the time.

He has not excaped yet.

We are trying to send in an extracation team soon.

Link Posted: 5/26/2002 9:01:24 PM EDT
[#11]
Graffiti, I don't think you could adapt it to use any form of magazine.  It's forging has no holes for a magazine nor for the magazine release and bolt release.
Link Posted: 5/26/2002 9:43:12 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Graffiti, I don't think you could adapt it to use any form of magazine.  It's forging has no holes for a magazine nor for the magazine release and bolt release.
View Quote

Ok thanks, its probably not worth buying then.  I already own a postban ar15 and I'm happy with it. :)
Link Posted: 5/26/2002 10:34:16 PM EDT
[#13]
In the unlikely event the laws are reversed, the FAB-10 guy may be looking for some work. Maybe he would be willing to finish the receiver to take detachable mags for a nominal fee. It may be worth checking out that option, especially if think you might move out of Kali someday.

Although I only looked at one briefly at a gun show, it looks like it wouldn't be a big deal to mill out the mag well and the opening for the mag catch.
Link Posted: 5/26/2002 10:43:03 PM EDT
[#14]
The guy who makes the FAB-10 owns CMS, they build race motors.  He makes these because he loves shoot.  Because he's an engine he keeps the tolerances nice and tight..  
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top