Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/24/2009 6:02:45 AM EDT
I sure do miss those Jerry Curls on some people but I think they went the way of the Mullet. Weren't they flammable or something? Is that the reason Michael Jackson flamed? That reminds me. What ever happened to Rick James? Was it flammable Jerry Curls or heroin or something? How come  Mike Tyson never had Jerry Curls? I think he would have looked cool in them. Dennis Rodman too, but that's another story. Speaking of Dennis Rodman didn't he have going going on with Madonna: Or was it Guy Richie? She is Arod now I think. The Yankees were smart to pick him up.
Link Posted: 1/24/2009 6:05:20 AM EDT
[#1]
damned good question.
tageroo
Link Posted: 1/24/2009 6:07:10 AM EDT
[#2]
Got replaced by "corn rows"
Link Posted: 1/24/2009 6:15:52 AM EDT
[#3]
The fell out of favor when auto dealers and furniture stores started to prep the items for sale by removing the clear plastic shipping covers..............  

Seriously, a buddy (of color) and I were giving each other a rough time over how the brothers need to go back to afros and jerry curl and we rednecks need to go back to perms and mullets.  His mother won't let anybody with "the curl" sit on the couch cause she can't find the plastic covers.
Link Posted: 1/24/2009 6:29:06 AM EDT
[#4]
Nostalgia for the 80s I guess.
Link Posted: 1/24/2009 6:48:21 AM EDT
[#5]
What happened to white wigs and make up?
Link Posted: 1/24/2009 6:50:10 AM EDT
[#6]
I'm still rocking the jheri curl. Sexy never goes out of style.

Link Posted: 1/24/2009 6:51:07 AM EDT
[#7]
$100 says the OP was on at least 100 milligrams of pure LSD when typing his post.

ETA: Confirmed suspicions of LSD induced posting reading the OP's other thread entitled "Ever wake up humping the mattress?"
Link Posted: 1/24/2009 10:39:48 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
$100 says the OP was on at least 100 milligrams of pure LSD when typing his post.

ETA: Confirmed suspicions of LSD induced posting reading the OP's other thread entitled "Ever wake up humping the mattress?"

Link Posted: 1/24/2009 10:41:45 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

Ethanol's fault.

Link Posted: 1/24/2009 2:08:32 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Ethanol's fault.

Dont drink the stuff.
Link Posted: 1/24/2009 2:52:08 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

Replaced by "dread locks"
Link Posted: 1/24/2009 2:57:55 PM EDT
[#12]
vector, i have to ask...you have been a member for over 8 years, low post count...but for the past few weeks you are posting a lot, honestly who's troll account are you before you got banned?
Link Posted: 1/24/2009 3:01:45 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
The fell out of favor when auto dealers and furniture stores started to prep the items for sale by removing the clear plastic shipping covers..............  

Seriously, a buddy (of color) and I were giving each other a rough time over how the brothers need to go back to afros and jerry curl and we rednecks need to go back to perms and mullets.  His mother won't let anybody with "the curl" sit on the couch cause she can't find the plastic covers.

The plastic on the couch.....
Link Posted: 1/24/2009 3:03:31 PM EDT
[#14]
$6.99 a kit........

Link Posted: 1/24/2009 3:04:02 PM EDT
[#15]
Got tired of cab drivers passing them by?
Link Posted: 1/24/2009 3:04:18 PM EDT
[#16]
Link Posted: 1/24/2009 3:04:59 PM EDT
[#17]
Link Posted: 1/24/2009 3:08:14 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
I sure do miss those Jerry Curls on some people but I think they went the way of the Mullet. Weren't they flammable or something? Is that the reason Michael Jackson flamed? That reminds me. What ever happened to Rick James? Was it flammable Jerry Curls or heroin or something? How come  Mike Tyson never had Jerry Curls? I think he would have looked cool in them. Dennis Rodman too, but that's another story. Speaking of Dennis Rodman didn't he have going going on with Madonna: Or was it Guy Richie? She is Arod now I think. The Yankees were smart to pick him up.

Link Posted: 1/24/2009 3:09:23 PM EDT
[#19]
Just let your Soul Glo
Link Posted: 1/24/2009 3:10:08 PM EDT
[#20]
Link Posted: 1/24/2009 3:12:43 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
vector, i have to ask...you have been a member for over 8 years, low post count...but for the past few weeks you are posting a lot, honestly who's troll account are you before you got banned?

Sounds a lot lot Ronmann/Sarge.
Ask him if he plays with dolls or was ever punched in the anus.
Link Posted: 1/24/2009 5:36:42 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
I am my own account. No ones troll here. Maybe I have had more time on my hands in the last few weeks? I dunno. I thought I have been posting at about the same rate for the last year or so. Some times I have insights that I just want to post. Thats all. I guess I can start posting about Keynesian economics considering the current financial discombobulation but that would be boring. It would probably put Adam Smith himself to sleep. So jerry curls and mattress humping it is. But I have been warned about the mattress humping type threads. Maybe space aliens? Oh got that one covered in another thread. Thermodynamics? Eh maybe but its about as dry as fluid dynamics. Liquidity in the banking industry? Sounds juicy but I don't think it would have a following here. OK I'm rambling. I promised beer slayer I would lurk for a while. At least I'm not starting another thread. I'm just proud these days when I hit spell check and nothing turns red. Follow that? And no its not LSD, its energy drinks and coffee.
Link Posted: 1/25/2009 8:47:14 AM EDT
[#23]
Still not banned.
Link Posted: 1/25/2009 1:45:08 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
Just let your Soul Glo

I love that movie.
Link Posted: 1/25/2009 1:47:44 PM EDT
[#25]
In LA when we arrested one of the dripping clowns we would pull their shirts over there heads so they couldn't fuck up the rear seat of the squad car. I guess there was a shortage of bath caps...  
Link Posted: 1/25/2009 1:58:09 PM EDT
[#27]
Remember the clear plastic shower caps that came with the jeri curl kit? The locals were wearing them like a fashon statement. This of course was around 1978 or so, I always thought it was funny.
Link Posted: 1/25/2009 2:11:13 PM EDT
[#28]
Back in the mid eighties when I was in H.S., I had to ride the bus with alot of the brothers who were almost all sportin' the curls. They would leane their heads on the windows or back of the seats and leave a slick. Between that and the smell of it made me want to puke utill I gave up and started walking three miles both to and from school. Worth every blister.
Link Posted: 1/25/2009 2:27:00 PM EDT
[#29]
Both styles are very much alive from what Ive seen.  The really drippy ones are kinda rare though.
Link Posted: 1/25/2009 4:47:44 PM EDT
[#30]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top