Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 7/8/2002 8:45:26 PM EDT
Wanted to share my some of the excerpts from my 11 year old daughters yearbook from 6th grade. The teachers asked the question what the kids wanted to do when they get older, heres some of the responses (some have been edited, hope they bring a smile to your face) God Bless them! [:D]

[b]Rachael:[/b]

"....If I don't do this I still want to be a teacher, because teachers are role models and I would like to share what I know with kids; and when I get older I most likely don't want kids to be drinking and/or smoking at the age of 15 or younger."

[b]Paul:[/b]

"I plan to live in a fairly big house, big enough to sustain me and a bunch of pets, or at least 3. I would have a blue cat named 'lil devil and I would have a red dog named Mitchell the Second. My house will say Black Sabbath across the roof. I would also wish to live next to Ozzy Osbourne, but I probably can't. I will listen to Alice Cooper and Megadeath. I will also watch Stephen King movies. My favorite is Rose Red. I also want to take a long trip to China."

[b]Elijah:[/b]

"I'm going to be a FBI agent. I will be very famous and I will live in the state of California. Then I will quit the FBI and become an actor and change my last name to Wood. This would allow people to call me Elijah Wood. Then when people did not like my acting, I would change my name back. Next, I will join the Army with (another student). I will help the country and protect it from the bad guys. After a while, I will retire and move to the Bahamas and live there until I die. But before I die, I will un-retire and go to college and learn about football. I will also go to Spain and play rugby. I will be the best rugby player ever. Finally I will retire for good and live in the Bahamas."

[b]Aurelia:[/b]

"When I get older, I want to contribute to society by becoming a cosmotologist. I want to do this because I am very concerned about how I look..."

[b]Amber:[/b]

"...First I will go to film school (college) and get a degree in photography...I will go to jungles and rainforests to make geographical movies. This will add some quality to peoples' lives because they would learn more about animials and they will know how dangerous some can be if you get too close to them."

[b]Andy:[/b]

"I want to entertain thousands of people by setting off fireworks. I want to be a professional pyrotechnic. After high school I want to go to college for a chemistry degree in explosives..."

[b]Sean:[/b]

"When I grow up I want to be a New York State Police K-9 Unit Officer. I would like to see what it is like. So there is this course for when you turn 14 years old that is called the Explorers. You get a badge, radio, a full uniform, mask and a nightstick..."

[b]Carter:[/b]

"The future will be like technology hit the earth without defense. We will start colonies on the moon and I will win the Nobel Peace Prize for discovering the cure for cancer and the common cold..."

Man, I just remember wanting to race cars, be a pilot or play professional ball.

Now I sit at a desk typing at a keyboard all day, collecting firearms, raising Rottweilers and hanging out with you dirtbags [;)] Ah well, its good enough for me.

I think Denis Leary said it best...."Life sucks, get a helmet."
Link Posted: 7/8/2002 9:06:04 PM EDT
[#1]
It great to see how those kids can think so BIG. You can do anything you want.

Then as an Adult things dont seem exactly that way. But something like you posted here can remind me to put my brain to the grind stone and stew up some new ideas or DREAMS!!!

Link Posted: 7/8/2002 9:14:26 PM EDT
[#2]
When I grow up I want to be Anna Kournikova's thong.
Link Posted: 7/8/2002 9:29:05 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
When I grow up I want to be Anna Kournikova's thong.
View Quote

I want to be the guy that takes that thong OFF her and throws it on the floor.
followed by..............................

[censored....   for the children]
Link Posted: 7/8/2002 9:35:29 PM EDT
[#4]
ok, to be a bit serious..

I don't know what I want to be IF I grow up.

I have thought about it a bit...

I would like to have my own business, making at LEAST 2x what I'm makin' now and it has to be something I enjoy.  Now what that thing is? I don't know [:(]

a good start would be...

something where I can shoot all day long, with  a couple of "hottie's" to "assist"  and ammo is real cheap and plentiful [;)]
Link Posted: 7/8/2002 10:00:06 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 7/8/2002 10:03:44 PM EDT
[#6]
I wanna be the guy who tests out all of HK's firearms when I grow up

Growing old is mandantory..Growing up is optional
Link Posted: 7/8/2002 10:15:38 PM EDT
[#7]

Sean:

"When I grow up I want to be a New York State Police K-9 Unit Officer. I would like to see what it is like. So there is this course for when you turn 14 years old that is called the Explorers. You get a badge, radio, a full uniform, mask and a nightstick..."
View Quote

Cool!!!  --  A Mask?
Link Posted: 7/8/2002 10:22:06 PM EDT
[#8]
   I don't want to grow up.......... Most grown-ups I have met are a pain in the ass and are usually not trustworthy.
  Oh.... I am 38 by the way and lead what most consider a happy normal successful life. However, one thing that has haunted me through my entire life is....I am still afraid of the dark. But unlike childhood, I now own a small arsenal capable of blowing away a whole company of boogymen.[:D] So the bitch don't stop at Lckydevl's house anymore!

Link Posted: 7/8/2002 10:48:46 PM EDT
[#9]
"Andy:

"I want to entertain thousands of people by setting off fireworks. I want to be a professional pyrotechnic. After high school I want to go to college for a chemistry degree in explosives...""

Now, if I said that they'd have locked me away in reform school!
Link Posted: 7/8/2002 10:51:11 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

Sean:

View Quote

Cool!!!  --  A Mask?
View Quote

He wants a mask and a nightstick- watch out!

I much prefer Andy's response.  All he wants to do is blow stuff up.
Link Posted: 7/8/2002 10:55:32 PM EDT
[#11]
An underwater coin retrieval techician for a large indoor multi-merchant establishment.
Link Posted: 7/8/2002 11:02:51 PM EDT
[#12]
The day I grow up is the day I admit defeat.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top