Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/3/2003 3:11:28 PM EDT
I turn on [url=www.musicchoice.com]music choice TV, metal[/url]; much better than MTV: straight music, no commercials, un-edited.

How about ya’ll?
Link Posted: 1/3/2003 3:29:18 PM EDT
[#1]
I've got my MP3 player loaded with Metallica, Pennywize, Mudvayne, AC/DC, Pantera, Disturbed, NIN, RATM and other such kick ass workout music......Makes for a good pump afterwards...
Link Posted: 1/3/2003 3:33:19 PM EDT
[#2]
Metal is the only thing worth listening to ever.
Metallica, Slipknot, Otep, Tool, Mudvayne, and Disturbed to name a few. [devil]
Link Posted: 1/3/2003 3:33:32 PM EDT
[#3]
New Kids on the Block
Link Posted: 1/3/2003 3:47:08 PM EDT
[#4]
Brittney Spears
Link Posted: 1/3/2003 3:49:14 PM EDT
[#5]
When on my own metallica, at the gym whatever they have on.
Link Posted: 1/3/2003 3:52:22 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Brittney Spears
View Quote

Music to definantly "work out" to
In fact time to put on her videos and work out the ole right arm
Link Posted: 1/3/2003 3:53:27 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Brittney Spears
View Quote

[stick]
Link Posted: 1/3/2003 3:57:51 PM EDT
[#8]
Well unfortunately I haven't been able to pump much iron after a wrist injury and a bad case of tendonitis in my elbow. Kind of sucks.

But when I used to work out all the time, I listened alot to Blood For Blood. Talk about a real kick in the teeth. It'll get you going every time (may I recommend "Living In Exhile" or "Outlaw Anthems"?).

Not metal, though. Just pure old fashioned Boston hardcore. Ya baby!
Link Posted: 1/3/2003 3:58:19 PM EDT
[#9]
i listen to my lungs wheezing like an old, broken-down steam locomotive and the sound of my tongue dragging on the front tire.
Link Posted: 1/3/2003 4:04:47 PM EDT
[#10]
Work out????  What's that?

Now, if you're talking about working out the reloading gear, it's "oldies" from the 50s to the 70s
Link Posted: 1/3/2003 4:06:34 PM EDT
[#11]
....Metallica, Megadeth, Pantera, Hatebreed, American Head Charge, MudVayne, Slipnot, System of a Down, Nine Inch Nails, Disturbed, Drowning Pool, Ozzy Osbourne, Ministry, Queensryche, White Zombie, AC/DC (Back in Black Album), Union Underground, Korn, and others..... for soft and easy listening......
Link Posted: 1/3/2003 6:59:46 PM EDT
[#12]
I don't work out, but when I'm just relaxing or when I'm driving, none of the above - I listen to classical or nothing.  Preferably mid to late 1800s music.  My favorites include all four of Brahms' symphonies, Rimski-Korsakov's Capriccio Espanol and Scheherazade, Saint-saens' third symphony and other miscellaneous works, Tschaikovski's fifth and sixth symphonies and other miscellaneous works, Dvorak's eighth and ninth symphonies and other miscellaneous works, and lots and lots and lots of other miscellaneous works by lots of miscellaneous composers.  If I don't want to listen to a CD I turn on good ol' 90.9 WGUC.
Link Posted: 1/3/2003 7:04:58 PM EDT
[#13]
The bastard-file-over-rusty-pig-iron sound of my abused lungs trying to draw one last blessed breath of oxygen...it usually drowns out the much quieter sound of my asshole sucking buttermilk.

QS
Link Posted: 1/3/2003 7:15:14 PM EDT
[#14]
Work out?  Hell no.  I need to keep my spare tire available.
Link Posted: 1/3/2003 7:21:15 PM EDT
[#15]
I listen to the moans of ecstasy of the ladies watching me.

Wow. How smarmy was that?
Link Posted: 1/3/2003 7:31:54 PM EDT
[#16]
Actually, for cardio I have about 30 or 40 mp3s of military cadences on my iPod....they tend to work wonders. Though I often find myself going along with them (hehehe....my reply was with a cool kinda nod/earned my livin' killin' commies for my God!).

For lifting...hard rock/metal all the way. Right now I'm mixing with some of the new Disturbed, Guano Apes, and even some Ozzy.
Link Posted: 1/3/2003 7:32:36 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
I've got my MP3 player loaded with Metallica, Pennywize, Mudvayne, AC/DC, Pantera, Disturbed, NIN, RATM and other such kick ass workout music......Makes for a good pump afterwards...
View Quote

Also try Ill Nino and 40 Below Summer, they make Slipnot look like N Sync,  they have some great songs like:
Rip out your Eyes and
Side Show Freak
Link Posted: 1/3/2003 8:10:27 PM EDT
[#18]
Link Posted: 1/3/2003 8:14:21 PM EDT
[#19]
What do I listen to while "working out"?

My wife moaning.
Link Posted: 1/3/2003 8:16:24 PM EDT
[#20]
Link Posted: 1/3/2003 8:51:15 PM EDT
[#21]
I still listen to "Eye of the Tiger"
by Survior!
View Quote

That's a great one!  After listening to it, I feel like I could get into the ring with anyone.

As far as music goes, you can't beat Slayer.  If those double kick drums don't get you going, nothing will.z
Link Posted: 1/3/2003 9:05:15 PM EDT
[#22]
Metal.

This is one of my CDs so far. Additions needed!
[url]http://www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=1&f=5&t=162791[/url]
Link Posted: 1/3/2003 9:17:13 PM EDT
[#23]
When I ran with a group of people at work, the only sound anyone listened to was [b]the sound of my incessant whining[/b].

Link Posted: 1/3/2003 9:37:48 PM EDT
[#24]
Mostly I just listen to the old bones creak.

The Y has lots of TV's going, and actually just started playing some kind of piped in musak, but contemporary Christian (which is largely a contradiction in terms  [:D]  )

Link Posted: 1/3/2003 9:54:51 PM EDT
[#25]

I work in a very noisy environment. So,  
 I don't want to hear a GD thing!
Most of my workout is cardio. Bike in the summer, running the dog on the trails in the woods in the winter.
I can't believe all the idiots that run/bike on remote trails with headgear on. No situational awareness at all.
Link Posted: 1/4/2003 1:06:42 AM EDT
[#26]
Waldo:  That's like walking on the beach and seeing someone wearing a walkman radio with head phones.  Missing the sounds of the ocean hit the shore, now thats music to MY ears.

Soloflex is the way to go: dropped too many weights over the years trying to do my "max" rep.  

Treadmill:  Got tired of running in the rain, too cold, too hot and after dark, being chased by dogs and girls.  (Well I thought I was once.)

Have a prerecorded tape of my favorite songs.  Mostly 70's and 80's rock'n'roll. You know the "Eye of the Tiger" type stuff.

"Just give me that good'ol rock'n'roll, the kind of music that moves my soul"!

Rambosky

Link Posted: 1/4/2003 1:21:02 AM EDT
[#27]
I listen to a lot of Metal/Alternative, but I throw in some techno. I just need something fast paced. I could use a cadence tape for running though. I should have bought one while I was in.
Link Posted: 1/4/2003 1:44:09 AM EDT
[#28]
Turn off that damn music!
Link Posted: 1/4/2003 3:32:55 AM EDT
[#29]
Godsmack - Awake ( my favorite)

WWE Forceable Entry (I am not afraid to admit it)

Ozzy

End of Days Soundtrack

Scorpion King Soundtrack
Link Posted: 1/4/2003 3:41:43 AM EDT
[#30]
I remember reading somewhere a few years ago that music with a heavy beat, like metal, is actually bad for working out.  You wind up matching the rythym of the music and not your own natural rythym.  This is why classical is better, or nothing, because the beat is not quite as overdone and its hard for your subconcious to pick up on.
Link Posted: 1/4/2003 4:58:01 AM EDT
[#31]
Working out??  [b]Whats That[/b]
Link Posted: 1/4/2003 5:24:44 AM EDT
[#32]
[b] D I S C O !!![/b][:D]
Link Posted: 1/4/2003 6:23:20 AM EDT
[#33]
Link Posted: 1/4/2003 9:24:43 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
Quoted:
I still listen to "Eye of the Tiger"
by Survior!
View Quote

That's a great one!  After listening to it, I feel like I could get into the ring with anyone.

As far as music goes, you can't beat Slayer.  If those double kick drums don't get you going, nothing will.z
View Quote

umm, I was kidding!
View Quote

Now I feel foolish!  I spent about twenty minutes this morning looking for that record so I could hear it while working-out.z
Link Posted: 1/4/2003 9:56:15 PM EDT
[#35]
On the bike, it's just the sounds of chains turning, gears clicking, and the subtle tone of a semi passing within 2 feet of you. And the occasional glass warning.

I'm just starting to lift weights, and I kinda feel like what norman74 said - music seems to mess up the rhythm. I was thinking of putting Savage on next time, though. I hear he really roasts liberal nutcases.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top