Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/10/2006 2:31:47 PM EDT
Looking at making some changes around here concerning the kids and doing chores around the house.
Link Posted: 3/10/2006 2:35:15 PM EDT
[#1]
Good luck they might bring you up on charges
Link Posted: 3/10/2006 2:39:49 PM EDT
[#2]
They swap each week: one does the reloading and the other runs the distillery

Just kidding, I don't have kids, but as you can see, I've already got their chores mapped out for them
Link Posted: 3/10/2006 2:41:44 PM EDT
[#3]
Kids what kids???

There not mine I swear the blood test said so!
Link Posted: 3/10/2006 2:42:34 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
They swap each week: one does the reloading and the other runs the distillery

Link Posted: 3/10/2006 2:43:17 PM EDT
[#5]
3 times a week do dishes, 3 times a week vacuum, once daily clean room.

Link Posted: 3/10/2006 2:59:39 PM EDT
[#6]
I have a maid to handle the chores.

However, the kids are locked in the basement making knockoff designer handbags to help pay for the maid.

Link Posted: 3/10/2006 3:01:09 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 3/10/2006 3:01:53 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
I have a maid to handle the chores.

However, the kids are locked in the basement making knockoff designer handbags to help pay for the maid.

Damn, you keep giving me more and more ideas for chores when I have kids. I need to go to the bar now and find a worthy victim for birthing
Link Posted: 3/10/2006 3:05:21 PM EDT
[#9]
Simple stuff like mopping tar on the roof, or feeding tree branches into the wood chipper. Sometimes I'll have them do simple repairs around the place too, like running a gas line to the new stove, or replacing the hot water heater.
Nothing too big.
I heard there was a lot of coal in West Virginia so I was thinking about having them start a mine out back...

We'll see.
Link Posted: 3/10/2006 3:07:07 PM EDT
[#10]

Their little fingers are useful for polishing the inside of casings.

--shindler
Link Posted: 3/10/2006 4:21:18 PM EDT
[#11]
Its a never ending battle.
They take care of the pets THEY begged for, They do laundry, dishes, sweep, mop, sort recycling,etc. They don't do enough as far as I am concerned. I wish they'd step up to the plate more than they do. At their ages I was doing far more.
Link Posted: 3/10/2006 4:29:00 PM EDT
[#12]
[quote]Quoted:
Its a never ending battle.
They take care of the pets THEY begged for, They do laundry, dishes, sweep, mop, sort recycling,etc. They don't do enough as far as I am concerned. I wish they'd step up to the plate more than they do. At their ages I was doing far more.

Ditto here , no free rides at my house. All three of my boys have rifles . handguns an 4-wheelers to play with and if they want to keep them they will work for it. With any luck it will instill a little work ethic that they can use later in life.
Link Posted: 3/10/2006 4:32:08 PM EDT
[#13]

What chores do you delegate to your kids?

I have no children, I use hired help, no fuss, no muss.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top