Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/19/2009 9:31:49 PM EDT
Opened an empty kitchen drawerer and low and behold this big black eight legged spawn of satan bastard decided on making a home in there! Well you wanna hear a grown man squeel...ho-lee shit! What's worse is the mofo never once turned to run. Just stood there and held its ground. Even advanced and reared up on me after hitting him with some spider nerve gas! Very close to considering catching the kitchen on fire. What the hell can I do to keep these bastards from setting up camp in here! Holy crap...now I have the heebee jeebees!
Link Posted: 9/19/2009 9:33:07 PM EDT
[#1]
Get a snake.

ahh the great arfcom paradox.
Link Posted: 9/19/2009 9:33:50 PM EDT
[#2]
Not much can stop em completely.  You can only diminish their numbers with the use of pesticides or
if your lucky varmint vacuums like lizards can take the numbers down.

Link Posted: 9/19/2009 9:33:59 PM EDT
[#3]
they make this stuff called Se7en
it's at walmart
it's granules
you pour it around your house
it's the insect equivalent of daisychaining claymores around your perimeter
Link Posted: 9/19/2009 9:35:33 PM EDT
[#4]

Get a cat maybe?  My kitties like to snack on the garden spiders that think my house is a good place to be.

Link Posted: 9/19/2009 9:35:50 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
they make this stuff called Se7en
it's at walmart
it's granules
you pour it around your house
it's the insect equivalent of daisychaining claymores around your perimeter

Ooh yea! Sounds good! I'll give it a try!

Link Posted: 9/19/2009 9:39:53 PM EDT
[#6]
Okay, I already know someone is going to post the famous "clock spider" picture in this thread.

So, before they do, I would like to ask where that picture is from and if anyone knows what kind of tarantula that is?

I tried Googling it last time I saw it and I got a few hits that make me think it MIGHT be from Australia.
Link Posted: 9/19/2009 9:41:57 PM EDT
[#7]
Go online and buy some stuff called Demand CS. When I was an exterminator that is what we used. Works the best on spiders. Spray it all the way around the outside bottom 2 feet of your house. Inside your house, spray it in 3 ft sections on every wall that is an outside wall. Say goodbye to spiders.
Link Posted: 9/19/2009 9:47:14 PM EDT
[#8]
Put boric acid powder in all the cracks and crevices. I also take out the bottom drawers in the kitchen and put it behind the cabinets. It will kill roaches and others, but generally won't kill spiders, but once the other bugs are gone many of the spiders will leave. They don't stick around where there isn't food. I've also used spider traps that you put under beds along the walls (where they travel most).
Link Posted: 9/19/2009 9:52:42 PM EDT
[#9]
Set your house on fire.
Link Posted: 9/19/2009 9:56:16 PM EDT
[#10]
Claymores.

It's the only way.
Link Posted: 9/19/2009 9:58:18 PM EDT
[#11]
Bleach and water mixture.  Then spray around the footing of your house.  I do it 2 to 3 times a year and maybe get 1 or 2 spiders that sneak through a window screen.
Link Posted: 9/19/2009 10:02:25 PM EDT
[#12]
Since this story is in ARFCOM GD it has to be a brown recluse.  Dibs on guns, ammo, vehicles, SHTF supplies, BOL and bank accounts.

Link Posted: 9/19/2009 10:03:03 PM EDT
[#13]
Burn it down. Spider problem solved.
Link Posted: 9/19/2009 10:06:05 PM EDT
[#14]
Destory their webs in your house when you see them, to make it more inhospitable for them.
Link Posted: 9/19/2009 10:10:07 PM EDT
[#15]

Napalm.  Apply liberally to both the spider and house.  PROBLEM SOLVED.

You're welcome.
Link Posted: 9/19/2009 10:21:40 PM EDT
[#16]
100KT bomb, uranium or plutonium. Your choice.

Link Posted: 9/19/2009 10:24:05 PM EDT
[#17]
IBDrF
Link Posted: 9/20/2009 12:21:42 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
Okay, I already know someone is going to post the famous "clock spider" picture in this thread.

So, before they do, I would like to ask where that picture is from and if anyone knows what kind of tarantula that is?

I tried Googling it last time I saw it and I got a few hits that make me think it MIGHT be from Australia.

The picture is legit, it is an Huntsman spider that occurs in Australia.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Huntsman_spider

On another message board, people from Aus said that if it's quiet, you can hear the spiders' feet make tapping noises as they walk.
On the wall.
So you can be laying in bed at night, in the dark, and you can hear one walk by on the wall. :O
~

Link Posted: 9/20/2009 12:39:44 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
Quoted:

The picture is legit, it is an Huntsman spider that occurs in Australia.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Huntsman_spider

On another message board, people from Aus said that if it's quiet, you can hear the spiders' feet make tapping noises as they walk.
On the wall.
So you can be laying in bed at night, in the dark, and you can hear one walk by on the wall. :O
~

Remind me never to visit Australia
(shudder) I hate spiders
Link Posted: 9/20/2009 12:46:04 AM EDT
[#20]
I use to have a problem with spiders/ random bugs at my place. I spray Spectricied Bug stopper every month now all the over the place and I havn't seen once since I started to. It says it lasts up to 9 months but I still do it every month.
Link Posted: 9/20/2009 12:58:13 AM EDT
[#21]
Just sleep outside.

Normally spider just want to crawl into your mouth while you sleep. They can smell the food you ate previously. The smell works as a kind of spider attractant. There isn't too much you can do about it, you have to sleep. They on the other hand, don't.

You'll probably never realize that one was in our mouth to begin with. Normally they secrete a special enzyme that when mixed with your saliva causes your body to swallow. The spider needs you to swallow the egg sacs that it just left in your mouth, so they can incubate in your stomach and then when ready come out in your feces.

Why fight it...They're gonna get to you one way or another.
Link Posted: 9/20/2009 2:38:51 AM EDT
[#22]
we are legion
Link Posted: 9/20/2009 3:44:21 AM EDT
[#23]
my step mom always has a horse chesnut in all the rooms of the house seems to work! no I have no idea why!
Link Posted: 9/20/2009 3:46:18 AM EDT
[#24]
Spiders are good, they kill everything else.

I don't smash them in my house...
Link Posted: 9/20/2009 3:47:02 AM EDT
[#25]
I've had a crapload of them around my house of late.  I knocked down a few cluster webs in my basement the other day, and now all I feel are things crawling on me that aren't there.

I'm freakin out, man!  
Link Posted: 9/20/2009 4:22:28 AM EDT
[#26]
Sadly for you tomorrow regardelss of what you do today, you will be wrapped up in a cocoon of spiderweb with your insides drained out.   DIBS on All GUNS, POWDER, ATV's, and COOL CARS.

You are screwed.
Link Posted: 9/20/2009 4:24:01 AM EDT
[#27]
As long as they aren't a recluse (never encountered a BW), they don't bother me much.  Haven't ever had an infestation though.
Link Posted: 9/20/2009 4:27:41 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

Most of those pictures are of Australian huntsman spiders.
Link Posted: 9/20/2009 4:54:54 AM EDT
[#29]
Burn down your house
Link Posted: 9/20/2009 7:36:55 AM EDT
[#30]

Quoted:

Sadly for you tomorrow regardelss of what you do today, you will be wrapped up in a cocoon of spiderweb with your insides drained out.   DIBS on All GUNS, POWDER, ATV's, and COOL CARS.

You are screwed.

Beat you to it

Link Posted: 9/20/2009 7:47:06 AM EDT
[#31]
Horse apples around the foundation keeps most insects out, but the squirrels love them.  So you might find a squirrel in your drawer instead of a spider.
Link Posted: 9/20/2009 8:22:41 AM EDT
[#32]
Bug max 365.  Sold at Ace Hardware for about 20 bucks a gallon.  Apply around house, then watch bugs, ants and spyders die.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top