Site Notices
Posted: 4/11/2002 5:44:10 PM EDT
Link Posted: 4/11/2002 5:50:47 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 4/12/2002 11:38:09 AM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 4/14/2002 8:04:06 AM EDT
[#3]
That rule only applies to semi-automatic rifles imported between 1989 and 1998 which contain more than 10 imported parts from the ATF list of 20.

This does not apply to you since your gun (AR-15) is not an imported firearm.
Link Posted: 5/10/2002 12:13:58 AM EDT
[#4]
it just needs to be a preban, although you never see AR's with bayonets, I dont even know why it is an "evil feature," well come to think of it I dont understand why any of them are "evil features"
Link Posted: 5/12/2002 3:46:54 PM EDT
[#5]
It's funny how the sharp pointy knife on the end of the rifle makes it so much more dangerous.  I was just reading in the LA times how the dealers in South Central have been using bayonets mounted on their Mac 10's in the recent wave of drive by stabbings.
Link Posted: 5/13/2002 11:31:30 PM EDT
[#6]
Yeah, but a Bayonet Lug is OK on a Post-Ban MAC-Style Semi-Auto. because it a Handgun. Since the Magazine is inside the Pistol Grip, its only enforcable "evil" feature is if it weighs over 3 lbs. 2 oz. (50 oz.). By enforcable, I mean that the last "evil" feature on the handgun list is "Semi-Automatic version of a Fully-Automatic Weapon" which is extremely vague. The PM-11 (Post-Ban M11-9) was approved w/o the barrel designed to accept a silencer as the original had.

So, what that means is that a bayonet lug and Flash Suppressor are perfectly OK on a Post-Ban Handgun. But, a barrel shroud (or according to the text anything that protects your hand from being burned if you place it around the barrel), threads that can accept a silencer, a magazine outside the pistol grip, and a weight over 3 lbs. 2 oz. are no-nos.

The handgun features which aren't as well known as the Rifle features are a joke. As in, how is not allowing me to grasp the barrel w/o being burned going to help prevent crime. In fact, when the victim grabs the barrel it will do the opposite. Now, how does it affect criminal misuse to have the magazine outside vs. inside the Pistol Grip. The Uzi and MAC-Styles see as much or more misuse than crappy TEC-9 Styles. As for weight, what are they trying to do ? Ban unconcealable handguns ? I guess guns will have to shed a little size and weight and become more concealable to be legal....

Quoted:
It's funny how the sharp pointy knife on the end of the rifle makes it so much more dangerous.  I was just reading in the LA times how the dealers in South Central have been using bayonets mounted on their Mac 10's in the recent wave of drive by stabbings.
View Quote
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top