Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/3/2004 1:23:58 PM EDT
Not that I'm pushing any kind of conspiracy theory, but shouldn't we be able to see space junk on the moon with a telescope? Anyone have any pictures?
Link Posted: 9/3/2004 1:24:51 PM EDT
[#1]
You can with the right scope.
Hold on, I'll go take a picture for you.
Link Posted: 9/3/2004 1:25:22 PM EDT
[#2]
Good point but I wouldn't call an American flag "junk" Everything else but that is junk.
Link Posted: 9/3/2004 1:26:03 PM EDT
[#3]
set up your 10x rifle scope on a tripod and you might be able to see it....
Link Posted: 9/3/2004 1:26:12 PM EDT
[#4]
wish I could get some so I could sell it on ebay
Link Posted: 9/3/2004 1:26:57 PM EDT
[#5]
Nope.  The angular size of meter sized objects on the moon would require a telescope with a 25 meter diameter mirror of diffraction limited optical quality.  In a word, not possible today.
Link Posted: 9/3/2004 1:27:38 PM EDT
[#6]
There are no telescopes on earth with the resolution to be able to see anything we've left on the moon.

Hubble can't focus that close, so that's out.
Link Posted: 9/3/2004 1:28:26 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
.www.spassmonkey.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/b3ta/images/moon_landing.jpg
www.astrosurf.com/cidadao/apollo_11.jpg

Thats not the moon. Its Uranus.
Link Posted: 9/3/2004 1:28:58 PM EDT
[#8]
One of the first expiraments done during the Apollo 11 landing was a mirror was palced on the lunar surface with it's exact cordinates documented. A laser on earth was fired at the mirror and the delay in the return trip on the light was used to very preceisly measure the distance between the Earth and the moon. Several other nations were given these cordinates and did similar expiraments to verrify the data. Among these countries was the Soviet Union, who would be the first to let the world know if the moon landing was a hoax.

This is of course not to mention the radar track.....

It never ceases to amaze me how stupid people have to be that such a fundamentally dumb concept as the moon landing being a hoax to take root as it has
Link Posted: 9/3/2004 1:29:18 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

Quoted:
.www.spassmonkey.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/b3ta/images/moon_landing.jpg
www.astrosurf.com/cidadao/apollo_11.jpg

Thats not the moon. Its Uranus.

Not my anus
Link Posted: 9/3/2004 1:34:07 PM EDT
[#10]
That's no moon.
Link Posted: 9/3/2004 1:39:09 PM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 9/3/2004 1:52:03 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

Quoted:
That's no moon.

It's a trap!

A crack trap
Link Posted: 9/3/2004 1:57:48 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:
Not that I'm pushing any kind of conspiracy theory, but shouldn't we be able to see space junk on the moon with a telescope? Anyone have any pictures?

We are friends and all, but you crazy.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top