Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/30/2009 2:48:59 AM EDT
This morning I was supposed to leave for Minnesota.  My flight was scheduled for 6:45 AM.  No problem.  I was up at 4:00 so I could be out the door at 5:00, and arrive at the airport around 5:30, an hour & fiftenn minutes before departure.

My wife got up with me and drove me to the airport.  When I entered my info into the self-check in kiosk, it told me my flight was cancelled.

I talk with the agent and she confirms the airplane broke.  She starts looking for the next opportunity for me to get out.

6:05 this evening.  

I'll get into Minneapolis around midnight their time (2:00 AM according to my circadian rhythm), then I have a 2 hour drive to where I'll be working, where I'm expected to start at 8:00 AM local.

This is going to be a looooooooong day.  Hopefully I can get a nap this afternoon, and on the flight to MN.  

If not, it will be an adventure.
Link Posted: 3/30/2009 2:50:22 AM EDT
[#1]
Whatcha doing in MN? or is that two hour drive east into my great state?
Link Posted: 3/30/2009 2:52:25 AM EDT
[#2]
Come chill at my place.  I'm about 15 minutes away from the airport.
Link Posted: 3/30/2009 2:54:04 AM EDT
[#3]
I always check the flight status before I leave the house now.  Not always a guarantee, but it has saved me a few times.
Link Posted: 3/30/2009 3:17:57 AM EDT
[#4]
I'm going up to Camp Ripley (Little Falls) to work with the Shadow platoon for a few days.

From what I gather so far, there isn't a whole lot going on in Little Falls.

I'm a couple days too late to witness the coronation of the County Dairy Princess.

Link Posted: 3/30/2009 3:20:36 AM EDT
[#5]
Hell, I'd be happy that the plane 'broke' while it was still on the ground!!
Link Posted: 3/30/2009 3:22:39 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Hell, I'd be happy that the plane 'broke' while it was still on the ground!!

That checks!
Link Posted: 3/30/2009 4:20:22 AM EDT
[#7]
That sucks.  

I had a similar thing happen over a year ago out of Knoxville, TN back to Pittsburgh.  They tried to get me on a plane that was about to leave but TSA would not rush me through security so I learned to like Knoxville airport for a few more hours.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top