Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 2/12/2006 5:01:33 PM EDT
My little boy poured half a bottle of Dawn dish soap on the carpet in his room.  I have spent the last 5 hours trying to get it out.  Wet vack and hot water is not working.  Any ideas??????

Link Posted: 2/12/2006 5:06:29 PM EDT
[#1]
Motor oil, the deep black stuff - works all the time.
Link Posted: 2/12/2006 5:13:01 PM EDT
[#2]
I did something similar once.  Keep on going.
Link Posted: 2/12/2006 5:15:28 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:

+1

There is no way to 'neutralize it'.  Just keep cleaning.
Link Posted: 2/12/2006 5:21:34 PM EDT
[#4]
One time my dog ate half a bottle of baby shampoo and vomited it on my parents carpet. I cleaned and cleaned.

As stated befor it does eventually clean up. Just keep running the wet vac over it and water.

Link Posted: 2/12/2006 5:29:10 PM EDT
[#5]
DON'T USE LYE!!
Link Posted: 2/12/2006 5:30:59 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

Quoted:

+1

There is no way to 'neutralize it'.  Just keep cleaning.

Not what I wanted to hear boys.  Well atleast you guys got me away from it for a while.  The best part of it is it happened a few days ago.  He had strategically set up a board game over the top of it so it would not be noticed. her
Link Posted: 2/12/2006 5:35:10 PM EDT
[#7]
Cold water= less suds

GM
Link Posted: 2/12/2006 5:37:43 PM EDT
[#8]
take off a couple of the "Rod" extensions and put it in HIS hands
J/k
keep it up with the wet vac!
Link Posted: 2/12/2006 6:01:16 PM EDT
[#9]
Try vinegar.  Soap is a base and vinegar is a mild acid.  Suck up the results with a shop vac or carpet cleaner.  Make sure you use an anti-foaming agent.
Link Posted: 2/12/2006 6:19:12 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
Try vinegar.  Soap is a base and vinegar is a mild acid.  Suck up the results with a shop vac or carpet cleaner.  Make sure you use an anti-foaming agent.

That makes since.  Vinegar should be "color safe" aswell.  I'll give that a try.  

Thanks Will-Rogers
Link Posted: 2/12/2006 6:21:49 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

Quoted:

That makes since.  Vinegar should be "color safe" aswell.  I'll give that a try.  

Thanks Will-Rogers

DO NOT USE VINEGAR!  My folks tried to clean their carpet in their car with vinegar.  The damn car smelled like a big pickle for a year.

Water.  Lots and lots of water.
Link Posted: 2/12/2006 6:33:09 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:
Cold water= less suds

GM

+1

After doing dishes cold water rinses down the water MUCH faster than if you were using hot water.  It should work the same in your situation, hopefully.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top