Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 4
Posted: 1/17/2021 11:50:41 AM EDT
What’s the best RIGHT thinking 2A state to live in right now???
Link Posted: 1/17/2021 11:51:48 AM EDT
[#1]
Honestly, it makes no difference.

The US as a whole is in for a world of shit, no one will be immune. Find some place pretty with things you like to do and go there.
Link Posted: 1/17/2021 11:52:35 AM EDT
[#2]
CA?
Link Posted: 1/17/2021 11:52:52 AM EDT
[#3]
wyoming.
Link Posted: 1/17/2021 11:54:14 AM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
CA?
View Quote

Well, the weather is nice...
Link Posted: 1/17/2021 11:54:44 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

Well, the weather is nice...
View Quote
i'd move to CA in a heartbeat after the revolution.
Link Posted: 1/17/2021 11:56:00 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
wyoming.
View Quote

Link Posted: 1/17/2021 11:57:19 AM EDT
[#7]
Florida for the next couple of years. After that South Dakota or Tennessee.
Link Posted: 1/17/2021 11:57:44 AM EDT
[#8]
Idaho is what you seek OP.
Very beautiful there and 2A friendly.
Link Posted: 1/17/2021 11:58:00 AM EDT
[#9]
What state do I live in you ask?  

Mostly confusion these days.
Link Posted: 1/17/2021 11:58:14 AM EDT
[#10]
We are all in this together. There are wonderful conservative people in all the states. I always hear on GD "fuck CA they voted for that shit". Yup. And when they are done there they'll move on to your state next. United we stand, divided...
Link Posted: 1/17/2021 11:59:11 AM EDT
[#11]
Bliss is best state.
Link Posted: 1/17/2021 12:00:04 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

The US as a whole is in for a world of shit, no one will be immune. Find some place pretty with things you like to do and go there.
View Quote

black pills go down easier when you blend them up and put them in an enema
Link Posted: 1/17/2021 12:05:30 PM EDT
[#13]
Won't matter soon. Good luck picking one out.
Link Posted: 1/17/2021 12:08:23 PM EDT
[#14]
Oklahoma.
Link Posted: 1/17/2021 12:08:48 PM EDT
[#15]
Whichever states are most likely to give a middle finger to the Feds. Probably Wyoming or South Dakota or Idaho.
Link Posted: 1/17/2021 12:10:20 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
Whichever states are most likely to give a middle finger to the Feds. Probably Wyoming or South Dakota or Idaho.
View Quote
too many kalifornians in idaho.

Link Posted: 1/17/2021 12:11:17 PM EDT
[#17]
Not South Dakota, thats for sure
Link Posted: 1/17/2021 12:12:03 PM EDT
[#18]
Florida or South Carolina.

As soon as they fall, the rest of the nation is fucked anyway.

Might as well live somewhere nice.
Link Posted: 1/17/2021 12:12:33 PM EDT
[#19]
Maybe somewhere around the TX/OK border. OK should be redder longer, but TX has oil and its own electric grid. Even though TX is turning, the soon to be minority white conservative males there will always be a strong minority.

Or -87° ND

ETA: maybe live in the primary state and own a rental in the secondary.
Link Posted: 1/17/2021 12:15:28 PM EDT
[#20]
Folks that think they’re just going to move to WY are misinformed.

We have a lot of great stuff going on, but don’t shit yourself. We’re about to go through some VERY hard times here with the economic tectonic plates of the state substantially shifting.

If you don’t have $$$$$$ or you’re not well established here, then don’t make the move. It would be very bad timing.
Link Posted: 1/17/2021 12:18:40 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

View Quote

100% right on!! Prepare like a MOFO as if you are on your own. Why? Because out side of your neighbors, friends, family, MAG you are on your own!
Link Posted: 1/17/2021 12:19:36 PM EDT
[#22]
I just saw a report in the local paper regarding the break down of who is moving to Idaho. The biggest group were over 65, the next largest group was 45-65, Assuming, older people are still more conservative than younger people, the state should be okay for awhile. I still think if we got 10K ARF members to move to one county and elected the sheriff, things would be awesome. Of course, where that would work not many jobs available.
Link Posted: 1/17/2021 12:20:51 PM EDT
[#23]
None of them. After January 20th we're going to have indefinite communist regime and whatever vestiges of the United States Constitution that remain today will be gone. We're all prisoners in a totalitarian police state now.
Link Posted: 1/17/2021 12:21:57 PM EDT
[#24]
What about Texas ? No personal experience but I figured it would be up there.
Link Posted: 1/17/2021 12:22:03 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
I just saw a report in the local paper regarding the break down of who is moving to Idaho. The biggest group were over 65, the next largest group was 45-65, Assuming, older people are still more conservative than younger people, the state should be okay for awhile. I still think if we got 10K ARF members to move to one county and elected the sheriff, things would be awesome. Of course, where that would work not many jobs available.
View Quote

I’m in!...
Link Posted: 1/17/2021 12:22:16 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
wyoming.
View Quote

Used to be.  With the oil field as down as it is right now, the State government facing huge funding shortages and has been throwing taxes on everything they can think of, and if it's already taxed, they're increasing it.  And now with our carpetbagger representative Cheney just deciding to turn leftist...  

What about Alaska?
Link Posted: 1/17/2021 12:22:28 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
View Quote

TN is soon to be fucked.  Lots of libs are flocking to Nashville.  Then there is the Memphis shithole.  This state is going to get flipped like GA.
Link Posted: 1/17/2021 12:23:33 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
View Quote

Even with all the fraud in this election your state went redder.
Link Posted: 1/17/2021 12:25:05 PM EDT
[#29]
Awareness and suspicion
Link Posted: 1/17/2021 12:25:16 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

TN is soon to be fucked.  Lots of libs are flocking to Nashville.  Then there is the Memphis shithole.  This state is going to get flipped like GA.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I wouldn't be surprised to see Stacey Abrams move her shady voter registration operation to TN after she becomes governor here.
Link Posted: 1/17/2021 12:28:37 PM EDT
[#31]
Not Texas.......Terrible place....Yall all go home.........
Link Posted: 1/17/2021 12:35:10 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

I'm in!...
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I'm in!...
Pick a county.

Link Posted: 1/17/2021 12:37:27 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
We are all in this together. There are wonderful conservative people in all the states. I always hear on GD "fuck CA they voted for that shit". Yup. And when they are done there they'll move on to your state next. United we stand, divided...
View Quote

Absolutely this.   The whole “move to a free state” mentality is a loser’s mentality.
Link Posted: 1/17/2021 12:39:25 PM EDT
[#34]
Moved from Michigan to Nevada 18 years ago, no regrets
Link Posted: 1/17/2021 12:39:49 PM EDT
[#35]
When the ship sinks it wont matter what cabin you're in.
Link Posted: 1/17/2021 12:43:19 PM EDT
[#36]
Thought this was pretty cool..

https://thetexan.news/governor-abbott-says-texas-should-be-a-second-amendment-sanctuary/
Link Posted: 1/17/2021 12:45:02 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
Pick a county.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I'm in!...
Pick a county.

Hmm, Bonner looks nice...
Link Posted: 1/17/2021 12:53:21 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

View Quote

Yeah I agree.  I would also recommend a place that affords you the ability to "disappear" and live off the land, at least, within reasonable distances and if necessary.
Link Posted: 1/17/2021 12:55:56 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
View Quote

If I were you, I'd say that too.    
Link Posted: 1/17/2021 12:57:29 PM EDT
[#40]
It doesn’t matter anymore.  If they aren’t already leftist then they’re RINOs which is just as bad.
Either way it’s just a matter of time now.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 1/17/2021 12:58:21 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
Folks that think they’re just going to move to WY are misinformed.

We have a lot of great stuff going on, but don’t shit yourself. We’re about to go through some VERY hard times here with the economic tectonic plates of the state substantially shifting.

If you don’t have $$$$$$ or you’re not well established here, then don’t make the move. It would be very bad timing.
View Quote

Same goes for Montana. They usually get the point when they look for those "cheap houses on large plots" that people seem to think exist here.
Link Posted: 1/17/2021 12:59:58 PM EDT
[#42]
Mine...  But we're full.  No vacancies.

...unless you have imitation crab meat and a model train collection.
Link Posted: 1/17/2021 1:01:33 PM EDT
[#43]
Samadhi
Link Posted: 1/17/2021 1:04:50 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Its cold here. Nothing to see here. Miles and miles of nothing.
Link Posted: 1/17/2021 1:26:13 PM EDT
[#45]
Texas after their secession.
Link Posted: 1/17/2021 1:29:44 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
Hmm, Bonner looks nice...
View Quote

I watch a off grid guy on YouTube who lives there. Seems like he is always battling with the code enforcement people from the county.
Link Posted: 1/17/2021 1:30:48 PM EDT
[#47]
I'm thinking TN gets the nod if you consider the lack of state income tax.
Link Posted: 1/17/2021 1:32:17 PM EDT
[#48]
I'm thinking TN gets the nod if you consider the lack of state income tax and weather.
Link Posted: 1/17/2021 1:35:35 PM EDT
[#49]
With the solar minimum and impending mini ice age I'd consider life down here on the big sandbar.
Link Posted: 1/17/2021 1:54:54 PM EDT
[#50]

That tiny white dot up and just to the left of the "S" in Sandpoint isn't too very far from Casa D'Osprey.

Just understand...wages suck, there is almost no industry but house building, food and gas are expensive and anything close to the lake or in-town starts at about $350K for 1,500 sq feet on a quarter acre. On the lake takes millions. Further out is much cheaper, but shit further out gets wild, fast. The work situation in CDA is much better, but you lose the small town thing and end up in a rapidly expanding city of 45,000+.

The rich-and-shameless pour in about June, and pour right back out at the beginning of September. Cali's that move here "permanently" don't tend to stay long.

Just make damn sure you want "wild" before you make the commitment. The attrition rate from the first and second winter is high.

But...damn, it is beautiful. View out the window this morning...when the clouds clear the mountains and lake in the distance are spectacular.

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 4
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top