Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 8
Posted: 11/25/2017 11:43:33 AM EDT
I don't own one so I can't verify but a million other people have verified that isn't what Alexa says about Jesus.

Why would Steven Crowder, an otherwise very solid and intelligent conservative, make this up? I'm at a loss.

ETA: I'm not apologizing. What Crowder depicts in the video isn't reproducible by others and represents a retarded high school sophomore level of fact-checking - historians agree Jesus existed, and if Amazon at all wanted to be taken seriously they would (should?) have better levels of verification for what Alexa gives as answers to what would otherwise be very common questions.

Perhaps I should not have used the word "fake" as the rustled jimmies in this thread indicate that caused quite a stir, but the point remains that the results - now and then - are not reproducible.

Also, two other points. First, you crybabies can stop whining, as I'm sure Crowder doesn't need any white-knighting from keyboard warriors. Second, this has fuck all to do with Trump.
Link Posted: 11/25/2017 11:44:44 AM EDT
[#1]
I'm unaware of this video.
Link Posted: 11/25/2017 11:44:49 AM EDT
[#2]
For shares and clicks.
Link Posted: 11/25/2017 11:45:56 AM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
For shares and clicks.
View Quote
Link Posted: 11/25/2017 11:46:24 AM EDT
[#4]
Guess I missed it.
Link Posted: 11/25/2017 11:47:06 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
I don't own one so I can't verify but a million other people have verified that isn't what Alexa says about Jesus.

Why would Steven Crowder, an otherwise very solid and intelligent conservative, make this up? I'm at a loss.
View Quote
"A million other people", that sounds fake!
Link Posted: 11/25/2017 11:47:42 AM EDT
[#6]
oops
Link Posted: 11/25/2017 11:48:28 AM EDT
[#7]
I would get the same response (Jesus is a fictional character) but only if I asked the question in that specific way "Who is the lord, Jesus Christ?". Any other way wouldn't work. I just tried it again and it seems that it has been fixed.
Link Posted: 11/25/2017 11:48:58 AM EDT
[#8]
Amazon’s Alexa is a CRAZY SJW LIBERAL! | Louder With Crowder
Link Posted: 11/25/2017 11:51:10 AM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 11/25/2017 11:55:54 AM EDT
[#10]
She isn't wrong.
Link Posted: 11/25/2017 11:57:04 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
I'm going to guess that the Amazon folks changed the response to that answer as soon as the video (or other media) was brought to their attention and they realized it would bring bad press.

Just a guess.

I saw the video 10 houcrs after it was posted and my Alexa didn't give that response.
View Quote
This is all I could think of - either Amazon changed something ASAP or it's specifically the way he said it. I have read that others got the same response, but that's hearsay as posted videos give a much more expected response to the question.

I tend to believe it wasn't changed purely because somebody would have noticed that by now. It's not like nobody asked about Jesus before.
Link Posted: 11/25/2017 11:58:30 AM EDT
[#12]
Tag
Link Posted: 11/25/2017 12:07:34 PM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 11/25/2017 12:21:53 PM EDT
[#14]
OP - why would you assume Crowder was being dishonest about this?  Are you not aware of the fact that the SJW AI known as "Alexa" can be re-programmed with alternative horseshit by the time I've completed this question?

Why would Crowder sacrifice his credibility over questioning some shitbox in the corner of his living room?

You know what they say about assumptions...
Link Posted: 11/25/2017 12:54:28 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
OP - why would you assume Crowder was being dishonest about this?  Are you not aware of the fact that the SJW AI known as "Alexa" can be re-programmed with alternative horseshit by the time I've completed this question?

Why would Crowder sacrifice his credibility over questioning some shitbox in the corner of his living room?

You know what they say about assumptions...
View Quote
Yes, I'm aware of everything that you said, but there was a cut directly before Alexa's response. In addition, it seems unlikely it would respond that way. On the other hand, I don't think Crowder would sacrifice his credibility.

I know nothing about the programming capabilities of Alexa. I suppose it's possible Amazon surreptitiously updated their devices, but that doesn't seem very likely either.
Link Posted: 11/25/2017 12:57:01 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

Yes, I'm aware of everything that you said, but there was a cut directly before Alexa's response. In addition, it seems unlikely it would respond that way. On the other hand, I don't think Crowder would sacrifice his credibility.

I know nothing about the programming capabilities of Alexa. I suppose it's possible Amazon surreptitiously updated their devices, but that doesn't seem very likely either.
View Quote
Stirring up shit on a beautiful Saturday morning. 7/10
Link Posted: 11/25/2017 1:00:06 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

View Quote
Not trying to do anything of the sort. I just want to know what happened here.
Link Posted: 11/25/2017 1:08:14 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
For shares and clicks.
View Quote
Link Posted: 11/25/2017 1:11:33 PM EDT
[#19]
He's a comedian.
Link Posted: 11/25/2017 1:12:47 PM EDT
[#20]
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
In for the drama surrounding the legitimacy of his claims. But that was a dam good video. Bravo!
Link Posted: 11/25/2017 1:24:33 PM EDT
[#21]
A couple of my students have left Alexi sitting in the computer lab, and they've been asked very similar questions ... and did not give responses shown in the Crowder video.  The time frame was late Fall and Spring semester of last year.
Link Posted: 11/25/2017 1:36:50 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
I'm going to guess that the Amazon folks changed the response to that answer as soon as the video (or other media) was brought to their attention and they realized it would bring bad press.

Just a guess.

I saw the video 10 hours after it was posted and my Alexa didn't give that response.

ETA:  Heck, let's just ask him @StevenCrowder.
View Quote
Good luck. Crowder only like to post in his own threads. I'll be surprised if you get a response.
Link Posted: 11/25/2017 1:47:01 PM EDT
[#23]
um, perhaps he realizes that his audience will believe fucking anything that supports their narrative?
Link Posted: 11/25/2017 1:49:35 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Im pretty sure these devices adapt to your search queries.
Link Posted: 11/25/2017 2:08:11 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
um, perhaps he realizes that his audience will believe fucking anything that supports their narrative?
View Quote
As opposed to which narrative?
Link Posted: 11/25/2017 2:14:30 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
View Quote
Bingo. He's a pander bear. Sadly not endangered.
Link Posted: 11/25/2017 2:17:21 PM EDT
[#27]
Maybe he will respond

@StevenCrowder
Link Posted: 11/25/2017 2:19:18 PM EDT
[#28]
Crowder is an awful demagogue and it’s unfortunate he’s a member here because I could say much worse about him. He’s the right wing social media equivalent of Raw Story and Being Liberal.
Link Posted: 11/25/2017 2:19:19 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

Bingo. He's a pander bear. Sadly not endangered.
View Quote
Lol. TS and BS protégé. Don't worry dude, once you put some time in you won't work weekends.
Link Posted: 11/25/2017 2:20:47 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

Lol. TS and BS protégée. Don't worry dude, once you put some time in you won't work weekends.
View Quote
Translation: "I know what you said is correct, and I can't dispute it without looking foolish, so I'll just attack you instead."
Link Posted: 11/25/2017 2:22:53 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
View Quote
Lmao, that's pretty rich coming from you.
Link Posted: 11/25/2017 2:23:34 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

View Quote
Honestly, I don't give a shit if he made it up.   Why should I?
Link Posted: 11/25/2017 2:23:44 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Amazon changed some shit.
Link Posted: 11/25/2017 2:24:46 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
View Quote
Or maybe, just maybe, Alexa’s source is something like Wikipedia and the page about Jesus was vandalized?

Unthinkable, I know.
Link Posted: 11/25/2017 2:25:02 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
Translation: "I know what you said is correct, and I can't dispute it without looking foolish, so I'll just attack you instead."
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Lol. TS and BS protégée. Don't worry dude, once you put some time in you won't work weekends.
Link Posted: 11/25/2017 2:25:34 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

View Quote
You stated an opinion, not a fact, lefty. Where are your buddies Atlaturd and Patrickmasterbateswithmen?
Link Posted: 11/25/2017 2:26:03 PM EDT
[#37]
This is going to get good
Link Posted: 11/25/2017 2:27:23 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

You stated an opinion, not a fact, lefty. Where are your buddies Atlaturd and Patrickmasterbateswithmen?
View Quote
When you're a super-right wing, America-hating wacko, moderates look like commies. Enjoy your shrinking iceberg.
Link Posted: 11/25/2017 2:28:22 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

View Quote
Lmfao. Name, post count, join date.

I’ve said it before and I’ll say it again, anyone who uses this shit and spends all their money on Amazon are supporting the Marxist movement in this country. Keep giving them your cash boys.
Link Posted: 11/25/2017 2:29:40 PM EDT
[#40]
Who cares? I took it as a comedy video and laughed. I thought that was the point?
Link Posted: 11/25/2017 2:31:18 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
When you're a super-right wing, America-hating wacko, moderates look like commies. Enjoy your shrinking iceberg.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Tell us how you really feel.
Link Posted: 11/25/2017 2:32:26 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

View Quote
"Wrong." -DJT

Youth are trending conservative. You pinkos pushed too hard and now society is pushing back. Oops.

BTW, Trump is your president.

Edit ...America hating? You're cute. Since my views almost mirror the founding father's views how do I hate America?
Link Posted: 11/25/2017 2:32:32 PM EDT
[#43]
Link Posted: 11/25/2017 2:36:48 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

"Youth are trending conservative. You pinkos pushed too hard and now society is pushing back. Oops.
View Quote
Yeah, good job with that Adolf. You're a global laughing stock.

Link Posted: 11/25/2017 2:38:41 PM EDT
[#45]
Lol a Nazi reference. Classic.

You moonbats really are one trick ponies.
Link Posted: 11/25/2017 2:39:14 PM EDT
[#46]
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

"Youth are trending conservative. You pinkos pushed too hard and now society is pushing back. Oops.
Yeah, good job with that Adolf. You're a global laughing stock.

http://assets.nydailynews.com/polopoly_fs/1.3406551.1502572822!/img/httpImage/image.jpg_gen/derivatives/article_750/lupica13n-3-web.jpg
Your kind owns Hitler, he was a leftist.
Link Posted: 11/25/2017 2:42:22 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

View Quote
Translation: “I’m a liberal, posing as a moderate and I’m pissed Hillary won and Trump is in the Whitehouse.”
Link Posted: 11/25/2017 2:44:59 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

Your kind owns Hitler, he was a leftist.
View Quote
There's a shocking amount of basic world history that you apparently don't understand.
Link Posted: 11/25/2017 2:51:11 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Pinkos tend to identify as moderates. Pinko.
Link Posted: 11/25/2017 2:52:33 PM EDT
[#50]
So some of you think he made this up Looks to me that Crowder was just exposing with proof the absolute leftward leanings of Amazon. I appreciate the hell out of him and people like him that speak out against where the mentally retarded (by choice) are trying to lead our society.

EDIT:

To combat the lefts fake news lets get this on the first page for posterity's sake.

OMG HOAX?! Did Crowder Fake Amazon Alexa Video? | Louder With Crowder
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 8
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top