Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/21/2023 8:57:39 AM EDT
Broke an extreme duty MIP CVD on the Rustler.

That makes about 9 broken driveshafts now. Broken stock, broken upgraded stock, broken GPM metal shafts, broken MIP extreme duty. This is with 3S mind you, though the MIP snapped a stub axle in half landing a jump. Into grass.

Anything else to consider? Maybe the metal Traxxas CVDs?
Link Posted: 3/21/2023 8:05:11 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 3/21/2023 8:07:51 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
You landing on power?

I’ve been running my Rustler on 4s with a slipper eliminator and the Traxxas CVD’s. I’ve broken one.
View Quote

Nope. I rolled on this particular landing. The Hoons DaBoots have nowhere near enough traction on...anything...to cause issues with landing on power, but no, I release before touchdown.
Link Posted: 3/21/2023 8:19:12 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 3/21/2023 8:51:00 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

Check out the Traxxas axles then. I've had great luck with them plus you can buy just the parts you break. I'm running the Hoons also.
View Quote

Which compound on the Hoons? Running DaBoots or a different tread pattern?
Link Posted: 3/22/2023 9:40:23 AM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 3/22/2023 1:07:50 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

DasBoot whites.
View Quote

That's exactly what I have. Do you find they have zero traction? I have a lot of dusty/dirty blacktop around here and traction is near zero, such that wheelies are impossible, it just does a burnout instead. Textured concrete is great though.
Link Posted: 3/22/2023 1:13:40 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 3/22/2023 1:27:58 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

Yea it’s almost as if they’re made of chalk. I just use them to slide around for the most part. That’s all they’re good for. They last awhile on a small car like the rustler, that’s the plus side.
View Quote

Aren't these the EXACT tires the limitless ships with though? Or do they have a slightly different version? Surprised they'd ship it with these things.
Link Posted: 3/22/2023 1:32:08 PM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 5/5/2023 3:10:02 PM EDT
[#10]
I raced Associated RC10T chassis from the first to the T4 and always used MIP CVDs. I’ve only broken two in those nearly 15 years. I swear by them even now. As to drive shafts on my trail trucks, I e broken a few weather MIP, Element, GPM or any other. It all really depends on how you drive. Bashing takes its toll for sure.
Top Top