Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 7/3/2012 8:23:57 PM EDT

The bastard got sprayed twice in the past month.

The latest was about an hour  ago...fuck it stinks.

Think he's going to have the spend night in the garage.

BTW :Natures Miracle skunk soap isn't so good...last time the peroxide, baking soda wash worked better.

The fucker after his second bath...that's right lower your head in shame.

Link Posted: 7/3/2012 8:35:05 PM EDT
[#1]
You really should have bought 285 size tires instead.
Link Posted: 7/4/2012 7:16:53 AM EDT
[#2]
Wash the dag with Peroxide mixed with Dawn dish soap. Has to be regular Dawn, as it is not just cheap bubbly crap like the cheaper brands. The micro-encapsulation and ability to rinse off of the oil that carries the skunk odor is why it works so well. It may take a couple of washes, but it works. Maybe a baking soda rinse afterwards, but it probably isn't needed.
Link Posted: 7/4/2012 7:17:36 AM EDT
[#3]
Sad puppy is sad.
Link Posted: 7/4/2012 7:21:45 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
You really should have bought 285 size tires instead.

Excellent observation, I concur.

OP, tell the dog: Do NOT chase the cat. Do NOT chase the black cat. Do NOT chase the black cat with a stripe. Do NOT chase the black cat with a stripe that does not run from you.

Labs are smart, he will understand. Mine always listens...........

I use a different approach to clean them: Orange hand cleaner/ mechanics hand cleaner. A big tub of the stuff, and I slather the dog with it big time. Then, a shampoo bath after a 10 minute scrubbing of the dog. The hand cleaner cuts the skunk oil pretty well.

With my lab, I have been fortunate enough to get a lot of practice with this; 3 times this year already.
Link Posted: 7/4/2012 7:22:19 AM EDT
[#5]
Poor dog took one for the team and is banished to the garage?

That's the doggie equivalent of jumping on a grenade!

Steak and ice cream would be in order. LOL
Link Posted: 7/4/2012 8:00:15 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Poor dog took one for the team and is banished to the garage?

That's the doggie equivalent of jumping on a grenade!

Steak and ice cream would be in order. LOL

I sir agree. That dog saved his owners from a cruel fate being eaten alive by a killer skunk!
Link Posted: 7/4/2012 8:05:02 AM EDT
[#7]
That is the worst. Once you get the smell out of the dog you have to get the s ell out of the house.

About $30 worth of store brand tomato juice is what I used...on the dog. A few days with the windows open on the house. Little bastard.
Top Top