Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 12/17/2003 2:38:52 PM EDT
Been thinking about it for some time. Got this little feller from a wood carver friend. Beautiful puppy, SMART, as a whip!!

Picked him up this morning, showed him the cat doors twice....

Put him out a different door, he cried there a while, then went around back, and CAME IN THE CAT DOOR!!

Good puppy!! He's Bull terrier, and Rottweiller mix, 8 weeks old.

He's a Lover too!!!  !!!
Link Posted: 12/17/2003 2:44:50 PM EDT
[#1]
congrats man

the only thing i miss as much as my dad is having a dog

as soon as i'm done renting my place to live i'm getting a good DOG
Link Posted: 12/17/2003 2:44:52 PM EDT
[#2]
Good looking pup!
Link Posted: 12/17/2003 2:58:13 PM EDT
[#3]
That's a good looking pooch!
Link Posted: 12/17/2003 3:00:47 PM EDT
[#4]
Beautiful puppy, congratulations.

What kind of turntable is that in the background of the third pic?
Link Posted: 12/17/2003 3:38:08 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Beautiful puppy, congratulations.

What kind of turntable is that in the background of the third pic?
View Quote

Thanks...

It's a realistic, $10 in a garage sale... [:D]
Link Posted: 12/17/2003 3:59:56 PM EDT
[#6]
I own a blood hound...so Im not biased toward your breed/mix.  Nevertheless, the best damn dog I have ever had the pleasure of knowing was a Bull Terrior/ rittie mix.  (I assume that you mean American pit and not English bull terrior)  He was an ablsolutely beautiful dog: brendel color, very solid medium sized at 75#, obedient to no end ( He would sit infront of his food and look at it for an hour if you let him...and not eat until directed to. I watched him jump a fence and go after the postman ((never a problem before or after, but his master was inbetween him and the PM(stranger) at this one time)) and stopped immediately at the command of "freeze".  That dog was a stud ....the best of the working breeds and fighting breeds combined. He was smart as hell too. He could open door knobs(only know of one other dog that had this talent...a Greyhound). He also manipulated other dogs in the house.  If he wanted to get into a particular spot on a sofa, he'd go into the kitchen and pretend he was eating, the other dog would go to investigate...at which point he would charge the said location.

Oaky...I've said enough. I hope your boy is a sound member of the family. If he lives up to my Buddy's dog, you will have a fine companion.

-HS

Link Posted: 12/17/2003 3:59:57 PM EDT
[#7]
Nice pup my man!  Love those sad eyes.

You know only rap heads and old farts like us still have turntables don't you?

Tj

BTW, last count I still had over 200 vinyls all in perfect condition.
Link Posted: 12/17/2003 4:08:13 PM EDT
[#8]
Awwwww whos da cwute wittle puppy!

Great pup!  Congrats!
Link Posted: 12/17/2003 4:22:25 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
I own a blood hound...so Im not biased toward your breed/mix.  Nevertheless, the best damn dog I have ever had the pleasure of knowing was a Bull Terrior/ rittie mix.  (I assume that you mean American pit and not English bull terrior)  He was an ablsolutely beautiful dog: brendel color, very solid medium sized at 75#, obedient to no end ( He would sit infront of his food and look at it for an hour if you let him...and not eat until directed to. I watched him jump a fence and go after the postman ((never a problem before or after, but his master was inbetween him and the PM(stranger) at this one time)) and stopped immediately at the command of "freeze".  That dog was a stud ....the best of the working breeds and fighting breeds combined. He was smart as hell too. He could open door knobs(only know of one other dog that had this talent...a Greyhound). He also manipulated other dogs in the house.  If he wanted to get into a particular spot on a sofa, he'd go into the kitchen and pretend he was eating, the other dog would go to investigate...at which point he would charge the said location.

Oaky...I've said enough. I hope your boy is a sound member of the family. If he lives up to my Buddy's dog, you will have a fine companion.

-HS

View Quote

Thankyou for posting. Your breed description fits this pup, (decided a few ago to name him "Shawnee").

I've known [s]the pup[/s] Shawnee, for a couple of weeks, as I visit my carver friend frequently. Every time I went there, [s]the pup[/s] Shawnee, would come and sit between my feet, (not with others), I asked where he got him, couldn't find 'em. Last week he offered the pup to me.

Thought long, and hard. I've had 'em before... shepards, and labs. There's responsibility, AND Pain.

Your description of your grown dog fits this puppy, as I project out, based on what I've seen. (the cat door thing blew me away..he got a LOT of praise!)

This puppy is smarter than a shepard, or lab, (obviously [:D]), ever THOUGHT of being, at the same age.

VERY special... (in my lap now).
Link Posted: 12/17/2003 4:24:52 PM EDT
[#10]
Aw man I love big ole puppy paws!! [baby]
Link Posted: 12/17/2003 5:19:56 PM EDT
[#11]
That's one cool pup!

~ s0ulzer0
Link Posted: 12/17/2003 6:00:21 PM EDT
[#12]
Oh ... My ... Gosh...
that looks like an evil assault pit bull, Run for your life man.
J/K[:)]
good lookin pup.
Link Posted: 12/17/2003 6:10:02 PM EDT
[#13]
IIRC, you got cats, too.

remember to pay attention to them, too.

With those sad eyes, he'll do well with your kitties.

If I get to OR, I'll look you up. We're both suckers for sad eyes.

(The SEC has the saddest eyes I've ever seen)
Link Posted: 12/17/2003 6:11:05 PM EDT
[#14]
Good looking pup! He got a name yet?

Cpt. Redleg
Link Posted: 12/17/2003 6:17:26 PM EDT
[#15]
GOOD LOOKING DOG!

Congrats!

The "lover doggie" comes from the rottie side...TRUST ME!

[img]http://photos.ar15.com/ImageGallery/Attachments/DownloadAttach.asp?iImageUnq=3566[/img]

PS: He's gonna be BIG!
Link Posted: 12/18/2003 1:22:42 AM EDT
[#16]
Note to self:  Buy stock in Ralston Purina (NYSE Symbol RAL)
Link Posted: 12/18/2003 2:05:08 AM EDT
[#17]
Nice looking dog![:D] These animals just steal your heart. Those paws are huge, This pup is gonna be a monster. He's got a pit face and rottie eyes, really a beautiful creature. Congratulations, your a lucky man.
Link Posted: 12/18/2003 2:41:42 AM EDT
[#18]
So, you trained him in two tries,...

...To USE THE CAT DOOR?!?!? Do you own a Cougar or some type of panther for a cat? I sense a jammed puppy in 4-6 months.
Link Posted: 12/18/2003 3:32:09 AM EDT
[#19]
Nice puppy. Love the face. I'm a sucker anyways.
Since 3 out of the 4 dogs we have are mine. The eyes always get me.
Link Posted: 12/18/2003 4:04:37 AM EDT
[#20]

A good dog can bring more happiness to a man's life than just about anything else, womenz and firearms included.

A good dog lives 'Semper fidelis' every day of its life.

Glad to see the new addition to the family.
Link Posted: 12/18/2003 4:08:31 AM EDT
[#21]
Perhaps this puppy will make you LESS of a crusty old curmudgeon.

[}:D]

Congrats - God's little critters are a true blessing.

[:D]

Link Posted: 12/18/2003 4:13:40 AM EDT
[#22]
Dude -

Is that a TURNTABLE in the third pic??? You play your BeeGees and Jackson 5 LP's on that thing???  [}:D]

Anyway, my beast -

[img]http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid60/p9259fe3f76dfc1cd84aad043ebfeb067/fc523953.jpg[/img]
Link Posted: 12/18/2003 4:14:59 AM EDT
[#23]
Hey, Shawnee feel the love baby [snoopy]

Me and the wife are throwing the idea around of a Rottie and Aussie cattle dog mix.

Oh I hope you arent too attached to most of the things in your house rottie and pits both have been known to each chairs, door jams, walls, ect. Once they start they like to finish the job.
Link Posted: 12/18/2003 5:58:21 AM EDT
[#24]
He's a cutie, that's for sure.

Makes me want to run out and get a puppy.  
Link Posted: 12/18/2003 6:04:40 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
So, you trained him in two tries,...

...To USE THE CAT DOOR?!?!? Do you own a Cougar or some type of panther for a cat? I sense a jammed puppy in 4-6 months.
View Quote

Small panther, and small tiger actually...[:D]
My black cat took a swipe at Shawnee first thing through the door. The tiger curled up with me and Shawnee last nite in front of the TV.

Shawnee spent the nite in the kitchen, (no carpet).

I put him out when I got up... he peed, then went around back, came in cat door...

I'm blown away by this guy... [snoopy]
Link Posted: 12/18/2003 6:15:34 AM EDT
[#26]
Duncan,  Nice pup.

Here's my 123 lb, dumb-ass, loveable black lab pup, Yeager (for Chuck Yeager, not Yeagermeister): [:D]

[img]www.gunwares.com/images/public/yeager.jpg[/img]
Link Posted: 12/18/2003 6:57:45 AM EDT
[#27]
Yer not gonna believe this...

As I said, I left him in the kitchen last nite. The cat door goes out kitchen, through laundry room to another porch cat door, to the outside.

Shawnee used the first cat door last night, and pooped out in the laundry room!!

Good dog!!
Link Posted: 12/19/2003 4:53:29 PM EDT
[#28]
House training himself [:D] Thats a great pup.

I called the wife over to look at the pics and all she could sat was [shock]OOOOOHHHHHHH CCCUUUUUTTTEEEEEEEE PUPPY.
Link Posted: 12/20/2003 4:10:53 PM EDT
[#29]
HAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH

The wife asked how the pup was ?

She teases me about having " internet friends " She see's a puppy and now all of a sudden it's OK to have " internet friends " .

Let see another PIC [:D]
Link Posted: 12/20/2003 4:21:49 PM EDT
[#30]
Sweet dog
Link Posted: 12/20/2003 5:28:41 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

This puppy is smarter than a shepard, or lab, (obviously [:D]), ever THOUGHT of being, at the same age.

VERY special... (in my lap now).
View Quote

Great looking pup Dunc but Black Jack has a message for you, he says that you are full of it. Labs RULE and he also thinks your pup might be a leftie being as he is from the left coast:-)
Link Posted: 12/21/2003 6:37:28 AM EDT
[#32]
Link Posted: 12/21/2003 6:50:23 AM EDT
[#33]
liberty86,
We got the same kind of dog.
Mine is 130lbs with a big old lizard head and Pitbull height but looked just like that when he was a pup.
Want to see how your dog might look when full grown?
I'm not sure how to post a pic but if you want I could email you one.
Mechandy
Link Posted: 12/21/2003 7:05:43 AM EDT
[#34]
nice puppy [:D]
Link Posted: 12/21/2003 8:47:21 AM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
liberty86,
We got the same kind of dog.
Mine is 130lbs with a big old lizard head and Pitbull height but looked just like that when he was a pup.
Want to see how your dog might look when full grown?
I'm not sure how to post a pic but if you want I could email you one.
Mechandy
View Quote

I'd love to see a photo!!
Post it, or send to my arfcom mail address if ya wanna.

I met Shawnee's parents yesterday.
Father purebred Rottweillor, biggest I've ever seen, prolly 170 lbs, NO fat. Very tall!!
Mother is APBT and black lab, looks like a black pit. The rotty is half-assed friendly, but clearly, you do NOT wanna mess with him. The mother was friendly, highstrung, (she was tied up), and about 65 lbs. One of Shawnee's brothers was there, (all black), he was Over twice the size of my dog.

Needless to say, this puppy has brought some things back into my life, that have not been seen by me, for over 30 years.... [:D]

I'm not sure who's the puppy sometimes..... Him????

Or ME!!!  [snoopy]!!!!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top