Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/6/2006 3:18:51 PM EDT
Painless,didnt hurt a bit. Why do people make such a big deal about them ?
Link Posted: 3/6/2006 3:19:49 PM EDT
[#1]
Check the mailbox in a couple of days.
Link Posted: 3/6/2006 3:20:30 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:

Link Posted: 3/6/2006 3:22:09 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:

Covered 100%,no co-pay either.
Link Posted: 3/6/2006 3:32:28 PM EDT
[#4]
Did they do everything at once???
Link Posted: 3/6/2006 3:34:43 PM EDT
[#5]
Same thing happened to me, I didn't swell up like a chipmunk or hurt.  Just went to sleep when they started the IV, woke up later.  No big deal.
Link Posted: 3/6/2006 3:36:29 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
Did they do everything at once???

Everything but filling in the little hole she went in through, temp filling in there.
Link Posted: 3/6/2006 3:37:41 PM EDT
[#7]
Just because you don't feel the pain, don't mean it isn't taxing your body.

The meds cover up the pain , but the trauma is still there.

Report back to us in the AM .
Link Posted: 3/6/2006 3:48:21 PM EDT
[#8]
It was fun!

... in the way that torture is fun...
Link Posted: 3/6/2006 3:52:44 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
Same thing happened to me, I didn't swell up like a chipmunk or hurt.  Just went to sleep when they started the IV, woke up later.  No big deal.

IV?????  Just take the novocaine in the mouth and deal with the rest.  Dental surgery shouldn't require an IV/anastesia.
Link Posted: 3/6/2006 3:56:18 PM EDT
[#10]
I've had several over the years, no big deal.  The big deal is some of the toothaches I've gotten before finding the tooth that was infected, pain was horrible, got the root canal, and the pain was gone!
Link Posted: 3/6/2006 4:29:50 PM EDT
[#11]
No anesthesia for me just novacaine....man up for christ sakes.
Link Posted: 3/6/2006 4:31:52 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:
No anesthesia for me just novacaine....man up for christ sakes.

+1 three times.
Link Posted: 3/6/2006 4:35:56 PM EDT
[#13]
It's possible for the Dr. to miss a bit root while he's in there.  Major pain until it gets fixed.
Link Posted: 3/6/2006 4:46:24 PM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 3/6/2006 4:46:47 PM EDT
[#15]
Had one 2 years ago,
no biggie as others
have mentioned.

Link Posted: 3/6/2006 4:47:39 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:
Why do people make such a big deal about them ?

to scare people who have never had them
Link Posted: 3/6/2006 4:58:24 PM EDT
[#17]
Most are that way once you get into the pulp chamber. Once, the guy I worked with had started a root canal (an older dentist), chickened-out, and referred this patient to me. By the time I saw the case, the tooth was HOT. No amount of lidocaine (no one uses novocaine due to potential allergies -- I believe it relates to it being an amide rather than an ester or some such) would get that tooth numb. I told the kid he'd feel pain for a second, whilst i completed entry past the roof of the pulp chamber with my high speed at max! Anyway, it took about a second for my carbide burr to get into the pulp chamber and the kid had instant relief. His entire body relaxed.

Link Posted: 3/6/2006 5:25:01 PM EDT
[#18]
I had one done a year ago and there was no pain involved for me either.  I had a local as well.  I am guessing that back in the day, root canal's were extremely painful.  Now they probably have much better techniques/meds that the pain that once was, is no more.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top