Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 12/28/2012 7:27:42 PM EDT
With all the talk of bans and shortages and panic buying and such, I have been monitoring inventory levels of certain items that are of interest to me and, sure enough, a lot of stuff that I'd like to buy in the near future is in mighty short supply.

I started off slowly, but I might be getting a little out of control. Since 12/17, I have bought:

1) 6 Pmags, to bolster my personal supply. (I should have bought 60+, dammit...)
2) 600 rounds of .223 Tulammo (All I could find locally, that was not ZombieMax, $12 Varmet, or $13 frangable) (Split the thousand MC had with my brother.

Not so bad, until today.

I went into town with my brother, who wanted to get a Heritage Rough Rider from the local MC Sporting goods. On the way back, I suggested stopping by Bass Pro on a lark, "to see what they had". (I already KNEW what they had, as I was there less than a week ago. Picked up a Mossberg ATR in 30-06 on that trip on clearance.)

Walked up to the gun section and noticed they had two AR-style rifles at the end of the counter, but initially discounted them, because they HAD to be .22 clones. Walked over to check them out and noticed that they has "real" AR mags in them and were starting to get attention from people other than me.

At this point I decided I should be represented and went in search of a sales guy. Found one and told him I wold like to look at one of their Bushmasters, I ended up looking over the ORC and asked my brother what he thought. While we discussed it, another guy came up, asked to see the other carbine, and declared that he'd "take it". I told the sales guy that I'd probably have passed, under other circumstances, but things being what they were, I'd take it.

He confirmed that I wanted it and I replied that I would. Can't tell you how many guys asked about it as I was filling out the paperwork. Probably could have sold it for a healthy profit in he parking lot.

The kid who did the paperwork has a hell of a guy. Owns a Spikes AR himself. We had a nice discussion about ARs while we waited on the double-check by the manager.

Anyway, so as to not be useless:

Rifle, with limited edition Chuck Norris "rock the vote" flyer:

With my other new EBR:

Link Posted: 12/28/2012 7:38:11 PM EDT
[#1]
Love me some Bushwhacker!
Link Posted: 12/28/2012 7:57:01 PM EDT
[#2]
Double double tap tap!!!!!!!!!!!!   Nice evil black bushwacker rifle................
Link Posted: 12/28/2012 7:58:20 PM EDT
[#3]
Needs more water
Link Posted: 12/28/2012 8:13:05 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Double double tap tap!!!!!!!!!!!!   Nice evil black bushwacker rifle................

Yeah, hit the session timeout and it posted anyways, I guess.

Gots to love the Bushwacker, though. The heads in the magic box in my living room say they're more powerful than any other rifle.

You can't put a price on that sort of power.

Link Posted: 12/28/2012 8:16:25 PM EDT
[#5]
I've been told by CNN they are capable of 100's of rounds per second...................
Link Posted: 12/28/2012 8:21:03 PM EDT
[#6]
Sounds made up.

I'd think it would be more like thousands.

Link Posted: 12/28/2012 8:26:56 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 12/28/2012 8:30:36 PM EDT
[#8]
Nice!
Link Posted: 12/28/2012 8:45:47 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
So what did you pay?

"Normal" Price.

$849.99 ($949.99 for the model with the removable carry handle and the standard FSB).

A month ago, I could have probably gotten it for less, but considering the current environment and where I got it, the price wasn't so bad.

There was one on GunBroker that went for $1655 tonight.
Link Posted: 12/28/2012 8:50:16 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Nice!

Yeah, Chuck really makes it a spectacular deal, doesn't he?

This will make the third Bushmaster receiver in the house and the second "complete" Bushwacker. My match rifle is all Bushmaster, but from two different rifles. My other Bushmaster lower is mated to a PSA upper. Guess it's only fitting that my potential last AR is from the same manufacturer as my first.

Link Posted: 12/28/2012 8:51:45 PM EDT
[#11]
Awesome, I bought that exact same OCR Bushmaster configuration in Temple, TX tonight.  I paid $899 and thought I scored!

Sucks for the two guys who had holds on it and never came to pick it up after a week
Link Posted: 12/28/2012 9:01:16 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Awesome, I bought that exact same OCR Bushmaster configuration in Temple, TX tonight.  I paid $899 and thought I scored!

Sucks for the two guys who had holds on it and never came to pick it up after a week

In this environment, I can't say you did anything BUT score.

I talked to the guy who bought the other Bushmaster on our way out of the store. Seems that his father called him from FL and told him that ARs were going for $1800 down there and he'd better get one, if he wanted one. He got it AND a brand new handgun. Hope he has some .223 squirreled away, or he's going to have a wait to shoot that thing. Guess he can get some of the Zombie stuff. It's still pretty common around these parts.

Bass Pro is the ONLY place I've seen ARs locally since the frenzy started in earnest. If you find one and the price isn't out of your sanity range, you better buy it, if you want one in the near future. I doubt this will calm down for months, at best.

As for the other guys, well, you snooze and all.....

Link Posted: 12/28/2012 9:05:34 PM EDT
[#13]
Bushwackers are not legal for civilians to own.  
Link Posted: 12/28/2012 9:08:11 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

So what did you pay?

This is what I was looking for and is there a Bass Pro in Ohio or is there one close to the Ohio border?

ETA never mind, price was posted as I was typing

Link Posted: 12/28/2012 10:59:59 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

Quoted:
So what did you pay?

This is what I was looking for and is there a Bass Pro in Ohio or is there one close to the Ohio border?

ETA never mind, price was posted as I was typing

There are two in Ohio, one in Cinci and one in Rossford. Both are reasonably close to neighboring states.

Looks like the other "close" store is in Auburn Hills, MI. The one in PA is some ways into the state.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top