Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/18/2005 11:22:19 AM EDT
Gotta go clean my guns from yesterday's shoot... I HATE this part!
Link Posted: 9/18/2005 11:24:15 AM EDT
[#1]
I always het getting them back together, my USP tried to eat my finger and I can never get the AK reciever cover back on easliy.
Link Posted: 9/18/2005 11:24:35 AM EDT
[#2]
Want to clean mine too?

Link Posted: 9/18/2005 11:27:33 AM EDT
[#3]
I love the smell of Hoppes No. 9.

Sweet's 7.62 solvent will flat clear out the room though.  Blech!

I usually clean mine on the coffee table, infront of the the plasma and watch The Longest Day, SPR, The Big Red One etc etc etc.

Makes the whole process MUCH more enjoyable.

Sheep
Link Posted: 9/18/2005 8:22:38 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
Want to clean mine too?

Hey!!! I offered to show XY#1 yesterday... ... BTW... How is his thumb?

You should have brought it by. Pang1179 was supposed to clean his too from shooting 2 FRIGGIN WEEKS AGO... I told him that I was gonna clean them today... He was a NO SHOW. Ooooooh gives me an idea!!!! Be back in a minute...
Link Posted: 9/18/2005 8:23:53 PM EDT
[#5]
Cleaning is kind of fun... and relaxing.

- BG
Link Posted: 9/18/2005 8:24:21 PM EDT
[#6]
So once again the question arises...

Link Posted: 9/18/2005 8:24:32 PM EDT
[#7]
What happend to the thumb?
Link Posted: 9/18/2005 8:26:21 PM EDT
[#8]
what? you left them dirty overnight?

I cleaned my .45 as soon as I got home.....
Link Posted: 9/18/2005 8:26:47 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

- BG

Then Im moving to CT and YOU  can clean them...

Actually you are somewhat right. If I have the time to do it, YES you are 100% right but if I have other pressing issues on my mind... HELL NO I HATE CLEANING THEM!
Link Posted: 9/18/2005 8:27:02 PM EDT
[#10]
I usually take my guns outside and clean them on the porch. Nice fresh air and it makes the neighbors look at me funny.
Link Posted: 9/18/2005 8:27:43 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

Mine are still floating around the back of my car.

Where is that cleaning service again?
Link Posted: 9/18/2005 8:27:49 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

No! I let them soak in the toilet first overnight silly!
Link Posted: 9/18/2005 8:29:14 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

Quoted:

- BG

Actually you are somewhat right. If I have the time to do it, YES you are 100% right but if I have other pressing issues on my mind... HELL NO I HATE CLEANING THEM!

Go ahead and move to CT... I hope your toys are preban

- BG
Link Posted: 9/18/2005 8:29:46 PM EDT
[#14]
went shooting 3 weeks ago, and have clead my handguns, they saw the most use.  Long guns on the other hand have had a wipe down and that it....i have a test, t quizez, a lab, and homework of all my classes this week.   I hate leaving them dirty for that long.
Link Posted: 9/18/2005 8:33:26 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:
went shooting 3 weeks ago, and have clead my handguns, they saw the most use.  Long guns on the other hand have had a wipe down and that it....i have a test, t quizez, a lab, and homework of all my classes this week.   I hate leaving them dirty for that long.

My MIL's husband has a 22 that was shot YEARS ago and NEVER cleaned... bolt was LOCKED shut... I took it aparts and let it sit in RUST BUSTER and a bunch of other solvents.. took a week just to get it loose... cleaned it up and polished as much as I could ... You could not tell that it was such a mess

DrFrigeGunsmith
Link Posted: 9/18/2005 8:36:58 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:

Quoted:

My MIL's husband has a 22 that was shot YEARS ago and NEVER cleaned... bolt was LOCKED shut... I took it aparts and let it sit in RUST BUSTER and a bunch of other solvents.. took a week just to get it loose... cleaned it up and polished as much as I could ... You could not tell that it was such a mess

DrFrigeGunsmith

Huh?
Link Posted: 9/18/2005 8:38:46 PM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:

Quoted:

DrFrigeGunsmith

I took a .22 form my parents cabin in colorado that sat there for 20 years and never was cleaned.   Cleaned it up and took it out shooting.  Still don't work right.   Every time i take it out shooting it does 3rnd bursts.
Link Posted: 9/18/2005 8:38:48 PM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:

No! I let them soak in the toilet first overnight silly!

That might have been good for the Garand.

For surplus .30-06 ammo, assume it's all corrosive. Clean accordingly.
Link Posted: 9/18/2005 8:39:59 PM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:

Quoted:

ya gotta do it yourself. it's part of ownership. Like changing your own motor oil.
Link Posted: 9/18/2005 8:48:15 PM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

DrFrigeGunsmith

Huh?

Mother in Law
Link Posted: 9/18/2005 8:53:24 PM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

ya gotta do it yourself. it's part of ownership. Like changing your own motor oil.

Ummm......No.

Link Posted: 9/18/2005 9:04:33 PM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Ummm......No.

I try to change my own oil, seeing as how i used to work at a mechanic shop, but its only like $18 to have someone else to it.  
Link Posted: 9/18/2005 9:17:43 PM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:

Scare your commie nieghbors wait till early morning when everyone is leaving for work and clean them on the front porch.  For more creepy effect play soft rock on the stereo in the background.
Link Posted: 9/18/2005 9:29:34 PM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

DrFrigeGunsmith

Ahhhh, Thank you

Huh?

Mother in Law

Link Posted: 9/18/2005 9:35:37 PM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Scare your commie nieghbors wait till early morning when everyone is leaving for work and clean them on the front porch.  For more creepy effect play soft rock on the stereo in the background.

That's how I clean all my guns. My neighbors don't give a shit.
Link Posted: 9/18/2005 9:37:57 PM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:

Quoted:

- BG

CT weather today 75 and humid: No good
CA weather today 70 to 75 no humidity. blue skies: Very good

I wouldn't move to CT for clean guns. And you can't stand up to shoot at the range. Ugggh.

Oh yeah, and the streets are crooked. There are no straight streets in CT.
Link Posted: 9/18/2005 9:40:51 PM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:

Quoted:

4x,

Please tell me that your firearms are really not still in the back of your car??????

It would be wise to check your IM right away
Link Posted: 9/18/2005 9:41:43 PM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:
So once again the question arises...

i13.photobucket.com/albums/a286/Gnmn/BurroCanyonShoot9-17-05008.jpg

Or one can say: "Where is DrFrige?"
Link Posted: 9/18/2005 9:47:15 PM EDT
[#29]

Quoted:

4x,

Please tell me that your firearms are really not still in the back of your car??????

No, they're in the safe.
Link Posted: 9/18/2005 9:48:18 PM EDT
[#30]

Quoted:

Quoted:

4x,

No, they're in the safe.

Whewwwwwwww
Link Posted: 9/18/2005 9:48:25 PM EDT
[#31]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Are you not a Cop?  Your in Florida not Commifornia.
Link Posted: 9/18/2005 10:16:11 PM EDT
[#32]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Are you not a Cop?  Your in Florida not Commifornia.

BIG DEAL! I'll clean my guns in front of my neighbor!!! and Im in Commiefornia.

But then again, my neighbor is an arfcommer as well.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top