Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 6/15/2009 1:17:39 PM EDT
And I will be damned if they ever get me to do that again...

I have been to the gas chamber multiple times while in the Marines, but this takes the cake, as Im sure most of you are well aware

F*** that S#!+
Link Posted: 6/15/2009 2:05:35 PM EDT
[#1]
put on your bathing suit for the shower tonight, that stuff runs south.  Also when you wake up, change your pillow case out.  No point in having a delayed reflash the next night.
Link Posted: 6/15/2009 2:25:04 PM EDT
[#2]
I get the joy of the spray in August. It seems the closer it gets the worse shit I hear about it! Did they have you go through an obstacle course or fallow instructions after you were sprayed?
Link Posted: 6/15/2009 3:55:52 PM EDT
[#3]
The gift that keeps on giving...
Link Posted: 6/15/2009 4:01:02 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
put on your bathing suit for the shower tonight, that stuff runs south.  Also when you wake up, change your pillow case out.  No point in having a delayed reflash the next night.

I already washed my head, neck, arms and everything as soon as I got home with dish detergent....seemed to work pretty well though it did reactivate it pretty good.  Hopefully I got most of it off then.  Im just glad the worst of its over.  But yeah, ill be careful....dont want the little guy getting a dose of that crap.

Link Posted: 6/15/2009 4:02:56 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
I get the joy of the spray in August. It seems the closer it gets the worse shit I hear about it! Did they have you go through an obstacle course or fallow instructions after you were sprayed?

Yeah, we had to go to an instructor and give elbow strikes, then another and give knee spears, then another and give baton strikes and finally we had an instructor attack us with one of the strike pads and we had to fight them off and then draw down on them and order them into the prone handcuffing position.  It wasnt so bad while I was doing that because I was thinking about getting the course done.  But as soon as it was over it started sucking really badly.

My best advice is just to do it and get it over with....and just dont act like a bitch like some of your classmates will :P
Link Posted: 6/15/2009 4:04:00 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
The gift that keeps on giving...

Yep, im still feeling it almost 6 hours later...mostly just the sunburn feeling on my face and arms.  And my eyes feel like Ive been swimming in a pool with a ton of chlorine.
Link Posted: 6/15/2009 7:07:09 PM EDT
[#7]
fun ain't it.

Get tasered yet?

I got sprayed at around 830 am....at midnight it was still reactivating...
Link Posted: 6/15/2009 7:13:09 PM EDT
[#8]
Make sure your shower is cool water. keep the skin pours closed.

StagPower
Link Posted: 6/15/2009 7:25:29 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
fun ain't it.

Get tasered yet?

Oh it was awesome

I get tasered in September...looking forward to that as well

Im hoping that I can sleep off most of the rest of the effects....but im sure Ill feel it a little tomorrow.

Quoted:
Make sure your shower is cool water. keep the skin pours closed.

StagPower

I didnt think about that....and im also hesitant to shave in the morning

Link Posted: 6/15/2009 7:29:39 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Quoted:
fun ain't it.

Get tasered yet?

Oh it was awesome

I get tasered in September...looking forward to that as well

Im hoping that I can sleep off most of the rest of the effects....but im sure Ill feel it a little tomorrow.

I remember my ears burning a little the next day. The taser isn't so bad. It hurts like a motherfucker  but it's over in 5 seconds. I was actually kinda disappointed...shooting a taser was so anticlimatic it wasn't even funny.

Link Posted: 6/15/2009 7:30:00 PM EDT
[#11]
What brand you get hit with?

My academy got nailed with LE 10.   Some of the recruits were still having problems 1-2 days later, cold dry gusts of wind from the air conditioner tended to be the most brutal during class.

We were allowed to not shave the morning of the exposure.   I think it helped that night when I got home and took a 1 hour plus shower, I shaved my entire face and re-shaved my head with a razor.   I think it helped exfoliate the top few layers of skin and remove some of that crap trapped in my skin.

I remember the tops of my ears and the backs of my hands burning after I got out of the shower.   But I was otherwise okay after taking a SUPER long shower.   I layed down in the shower so my junk was a high point, any water that ran off my face and chest went right down the drain and stayed away from my junk.   Wasn't about to experience that pain.

We didn't have to do a taser exposure.   They were considering making it mandatory similar to OC exposure.    That is until one of our deputies took a ride on the taser and severely screwed up his back.   He was in too good of shape, when the prongs stuck in his back it spasmed so hard that he cracked a few of his vertebrae.   Was one of those gung ho SWAT guys in outstanding shape and was willing to try it out.   Net result was it took him out of active patrol and put him on a desk job for just shy of 2 years.

What I've seen from taser deployments, I don't want none of that, the electronic shock I think I can deal with.   But having the damned darts stuck in  my flesh and then having to get ripped out.  NO!  Not playing that game.   I don't even want to carry one despite being trained to carry one, stories of darts being set off from static shock, zapping yourself accidently during a cartridge change, or seeing freakish things like darts stuck in eyeballs.   Uh uh, keep that cheap alternative force option the hell away from me.
Link Posted: 6/15/2009 7:36:09 PM EDT
[#12]
OC continues to suck. Been sprayed by coworkers at least a half doezen times while fighting in the jail. I have one guy that has sprayed me 3 different times in the past 4 years. I am starting to wonder if he might be aiming at me instead of the bad guys.
Link Posted: 6/15/2009 7:36:10 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
What brand you get hit with?

My academy got nailed with LE 10.   Some of the recruits were still having problems 1-2 days later, cold dry gusts of wind from the air conditioner tended to be the most brutal during class.

That stuff definitely sucks.   What I've seen from taser deployments, I don't want none of that, the electronic shock I think I can deal with.   But having the damned darts stuck in  my flesh and then having to get ripped out.  NO!  Not playing that game.   I don't even want to carry one despite being trained to carry one, stories of darts being set off from static shock, zapping yourself accidently during a cartridge change, or seeing freakish things like darts stuck in eyeballs.   Uh uh, keep that cheap alternative force option the hell away from me.

You actually don't even feel the darts going in or out...at least I didnt. They made us get shot in the back to avoid potentially making 14 cadets have awesome RayCharlesovision™

We got hit with Punch OC I believe...it was a giant fogger can and damn did it suck.
Link Posted: 6/15/2009 8:05:04 PM EDT
[#14]
OC = pain
Link Posted: 6/15/2009 8:59:29 PM EDT
[#15]
This won't be your last exposure.

In the past 2 months I've been exposed to OC three times and pepper ball twice.
You start to get used to it.  I've begun to appreciate it.... I don't suffer from allergies nearly as much in the field as I used to.
Link Posted: 6/15/2009 11:14:17 PM EDT
[#16]
Trust me, I know the feeling.
Link Posted: 6/16/2009 5:24:57 AM EDT
[#17]
something that helped - use baking soda - get it just a little wet to make a paste then spread it over the area you got hit on and let it dry, it lifts the OC off of the skin.  Also Oatmeal can be used the same way - neither will take 100% away but it will help especially if you have to shave the next day, or have sensitive skin.
Link Posted: 6/16/2009 5:35:12 AM EDT
[#18]
Evil stuff.
I took mine off the bat belt, as I have no intention of using it, but I keep it in my go bag JIC.
Link Posted: 6/16/2009 8:23:48 AM EDT
[#19]
My right seat driver gets his hazing qualification this friday evening with Freeze+P. Should be full of win. ( He's kind of a loudmouth, and thinks it won't bother him because he's not small.)
Link Posted: 6/16/2009 8:43:57 AM EDT
[#20]
I think the anxiety of getting sprayed was worse than the actual burn.  The only part that I remember really hating was the decontaminations wash.  You want your face in the water badly, but you feel like you're suffocating everytime you put your face down in to wash.

We sprayed each other one at a time so that we both got to ride the red dragon and experience giving someone the stream.
Link Posted: 6/16/2009 1:14:02 PM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:

Yeah, we had to go to an instructor and give elbow strikes, then another and give knee spears, then another and give baton strikes and finally we had an instructor attack us with one of the strike pads and we had to fight them off and then draw down on them and order them into the prone handcuffing position. It wasnt so bad while I was doing that because I was thinking about getting the course done. But as soon as it was over it started sucking really badly.

That's exactly like the first time I was sprayed.  The second time, we just had 3 knee strikes to do.

My problem is that my eyes are so sensitive that when exposed to OC, they spot weld shut and I can't even open them for about 90 minutes.

I'm in the back:

And to the comment about not acting like a bitch, I give you King Bitch:

Link Posted: 6/16/2009 1:39:41 PM EDT
[#22]
Well, today I havent really noticed any effects from it.

And I fully expect to get hit with it in the future, but I wont be volunteering to get sprayed, thats for sure.

They hit our group with the fogger first before we had our actual exposure with the stream OC.  So we got a taste of what was coming.

All day today I have been reliving it in my head and everytime I do my eyes start to water
Link Posted: 6/16/2009 2:06:25 PM EDT
[#23]
and I believe the brand we use is Def-Tec, and its 10%
Link Posted: 6/16/2009 2:48:23 PM EDT
[#24]
did it... not fun... had a guy keep it on for two hours after exposure in my class. No washing. I guess after a while when it dries out you don't feel it as much... I felt it. When I got home I took a hot shower to open up pores and rinse out anything left on my face and body. It sucked but in the morning when I showered I didn't feel a thing anymore. Definitely would not want to do it again unless I was sponsored...
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top