Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 9/12/2010 9:46:57 AM EDT
Overheard  girls talking about how to game the system....The black girl was filling in the older white lady on how to work a full time job with no medical......Just take an indefinite leave of absence for two weeks and welfare will cover you medical to get your stuff taken care of......Then just go back to work.. Then she goes on about how you can claim you don't know who the father is and get all your kids medical. Blah...Blah.Blah. The older white lady was like but the fathers name is on the birth certificate......The conversation started after the white lady stated she had to turn down a full time job because she would lose her medical thru welfare and about 600 a month on food stamps
Link Posted: 9/12/2010 9:57:06 AM EDT
[#1]
I've got one for you:

One of my probationers came in to report last week. I tell him he's behind on his supervision fees, so he tells me he is going to sell his food stamps to an uncle to pay the fees off.

Me: "You know you just admitted to me that you're going to commit welfare fraud."

Him: "Um, yeah, um, uh...."

Me: "And you just admitted you drove here without a license."

Him: <fidgeting>

Me: (on the inside)
Link Posted: 9/12/2010 10:01:50 AM EDT
[#2]
They scam the system because their new daddy, provider, and husband is the government and until that changes, why should many on welfare be concerned about it?

The only victims of this fraud are the children as it's down right evil as how they are used to manipulate the system. Women are taught now that they don't need men because of they will always get the support of the government. But the only thing they did is give the men in their lives less responsibility and relegate all the power to a few. I say it's a dangerous road as I've talked to a few women who are pretty much pissed that 40% of their pay is funding this shit. But their sex is the one that is mostly responsible for it as well and it's going to take more of them to speak up about it.
Link Posted: 9/12/2010 10:02:16 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
Overheard  girls talking about how to game the system....The black girl was filling in the older white lady on &ow to work a full time job with no medical......Just take an indefinite leave of absence for two weeks and welfare will cover you medical to get your stuff taken care of......Then just go back to work.. Then she goes on about how you can claim you don't know who the father is and get all your kids medical. Blah...Blah.Blah. The older white lady was like but the fathers name is on the birth certificate......The conversation started after the white lady stated she had to turn down a full time job because she would lose her medical thru welfare and about 600 a month on food stamps

do you blame the hogs or the hog farmer?

"If you build them, they will come."

Link Posted: 9/12/2010 10:05:10 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Overheard  girls talking about how to game the system....The black girl was filling in the older white lady on &ow to work a full time job with no medical......Just take an indefinite leave of absence for two weeks and welfare will cover you medical to get your stuff taken care of......Then just go back to work.. Then she goes on about how you can claim you don't know who the father is and get all your kids medical. Blah...Blah.Blah. The older white lady was like but the fathers name is on the birth certificate......The conversation started after the white lady stated she had to turn down a full time job because she would lose her medical thru welfare and about 600 a month on food stamps

http://windconcernsontario.files.wordpress.com/2010/04/pigs_trough.jpg

Neither.  Both of those provide for the nation.

I blame the entitlement syndrome and the government.

Link Posted: 9/12/2010 10:45:06 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:

Hog farmer = government...
Link Posted: 9/12/2010 10:45:54 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Hog farmer = government...

Yeah I know, but I wanted to get my digs in on the welfare crowd as often as possible.

Link Posted: 9/12/2010 10:48:02 AM EDT
[#7]
I heard that friends of mine actually bought beer the other day on their LINK card (food stamps), and said "guess I'm gonna have to start going to xxxxxx from now on to get beer!"

I don't think they will be my friends for much longer
Link Posted: 9/12/2010 11:03:00 AM EDT
[#8]
Dont hate the player.. hate the game.
Link Posted: 9/12/2010 11:05:50 AM EDT
[#9]
Welfare, food stamps and EIC all need to go away!  The ONLY thing I'd let stand would be WIC.
Link Posted: 9/12/2010 11:07:04 AM EDT
[#10]
Yeah...we don't need welfare reform at all in this country.

You know how to solve it? Make them WORK while they're on welfare. They either go to job skills training or they work the highways, public buildings, etc. And start charging "rent" on their housing. Toss in drug tests while on gov't doles. See how many want to stick around...

All for helping when in need...but the way the system gets played and the fact it becomes a lifestyle is absurd.
Link Posted: 9/12/2010 11:36:06 AM EDT
[#11]
My wifes neice's are starting to work the system and two of my brothers are very successful at working the system. Everybody feels entitled for goverment money. I got an idea, go get a fucking job and become a decent member of society instead of a fucking leech!

My wife has to frequently remind me at get togethers not to beat on welfare rats in my politcal rants. Oddly enough, I end up sitting with very few people at family get togethers becouse of my radical ideas on employment
Link Posted: 9/12/2010 12:43:02 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

Welfare, food stamps and EIC all need to go away!  The ONLY thing I'd let stand would be WIC.

This, 100%.

Link Posted: 9/12/2010 12:45:58 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

I heard that friends of mine actually bought beer the other day on their LINK card (food stamps), and said "guess I'm gonna have to start going to xxxxxx from now on to get beer!"

I don't think they will be my friends for much longer

The good news is that you could probably report the store and get them fined into the stone age.  

Link Posted: 9/12/2010 12:51:20 PM EDT
[#14]
I was behind some welfare leech at the grocery store who bought a bunch of shit to eat then paid for two cartons of marlbro reds with cash

Im sick of these leeches. I have to work a 50hr a week job and also manage my investments and business 7 days a week, budgeting my bills risking all I have so I can have a little money when I retire...

why do I do it?

Link Posted: 9/12/2010 12:54:14 PM EDT
[#15]
Did I mention both of the ladies were driving nicer cars than my wife and I drive? One drove off in a later model Lincoln.....Had plenty of money for cigarettes too.....She couldn't go without one for more than a minute before lighting up another...and another.
Link Posted: 9/12/2010 12:56:03 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:

Quoted:

This, 100%.

Fuck that.  Don't have kids you can't afford.  If you do, see your family, friends, or the church.  If you don't have any of those three, that sucks.  

Link Posted: 9/12/2010 12:58:40 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

This, 100%.

Fuck that.  Don't have kids you can't afford.  If you do, see your family, friends, or the church.  If you don't have any of those three, that sucks.  

While I kinda agree...there are Active duty military members who need and use WIC.  And it's very limited to what they can get with it.
Link Posted: 9/12/2010 1:03:46 PM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

This, 100%.

The ONLY reason that I would let it stay is because it's not worth it to the leeches to take advantage of it. You get a check, if the check says you only get 16 oz. of whole wheat bread than that's all you get, period. No junk food, just fresh fruits and veg (nothing canned), whole wheat breads, milk, cheese, eggs, and 100% juices. Maybe it would help America not be so fucking fat.

Link Posted: 9/12/2010 1:18:32 PM EDT
[#19]
It's time to get rid of the whole corrupt welfare system. No more handouts, no more free medical, dental, prescriptions etc.
There are families that have been on welfare for 3 or 4 generations, that has to stop.
Last winter i helped hand out food to the homeless and needy people. This lady rolls up in a new cadillac escalade with 6 kids and starts ordering me around, saying she wants this and that but not that. I told her you'll get nothing and like it, go sell your vehicle, you could feed those kids for a couple of years.
I say cut them all off now.
Link Posted: 9/12/2010 1:28:42 PM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:

Nope.  I hate the players too.

Fuck them, they're taking money from MY wallet.

Link Posted: 9/12/2010 1:32:24 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

Quoted:

Nope.  I hate the players too.

Fuck them, they're taking money from MY wallet.

Agreed!!
Link Posted: 9/12/2010 1:41:11 PM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:

And the WIC should be rations of beans and rice. I really hate that the EITC even exists.

Link Posted: 9/12/2010 1:43:53 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

Quoted:

And the WIC should be rations of beans and rice. I really hate that the EITC even exists.

Agreed once more!
Link Posted: 9/12/2010 2:07:08 PM EDT
[#24]
I see it all day. I see kids with medicaid before they have a social security card. Its just as bad as stealing. And most of the people that are on stamps in a hud house or a shitty one have a 50 inch flat screen. I am not fucking kidding
Link Posted: 9/12/2010 2:17:51 PM EDT
[#25]
The US of A...

The only country where people turn off their big-screen TV with HD cable, pick up their cell phone, turn down their air conditioning (or not), go out and get into their car carrying their FREE ($1.99/month) cell phone, and then drive down to the welfare office to "git's dey check..."

I'm afraid that, much like a true-drunk, this country is going to HAVE to HIT ROCK BOTTOM before our recovery can begin. (hit rock bottom = actually see citizens die of starvation, lack of shelter, no medical care, and lack of clothing...)

Don't laugh, it's closer than you think.
Link Posted: 9/12/2010 2:23:22 PM EDT
[#26]
We have a ton of welfare people in our town. Got a call once to our less than stellar apartment complex for a domestic. It is the usual couple. Go into the apartment their kitchen table and chairs were plastic lawn type. They had no food. Their kids were sleeping on a blow up matress with them. But on the wall they had a new flat screen TV.

I asked them how they got it. Their reply was we are on welfare. We get money and food for free. Long story short took them both for domestic and DCFS took the kids. Kids all three are meth babies so I am sure they get something for them two. Seen them awhile back moving pulling a lawn trailer with I guess their yard tractor. They had the tv sitting right on top of everything happy as could be.

Also we arrested the female once for stealing cable. She was giving the cable guy oral sex once a month fro the complete package. No she isnt hot no grill from meth and weighs like 90 pounds. The cable guy was fired but he said he took what he could get.
Link Posted: 9/12/2010 2:24:11 PM EDT
[#27]
The big mistake is that they don't call it welfare any more.  Here in Washington they have EBT cards.  Electronic Benefits Transfer.  Benefits? Benefits from what.  Call it what it is.  Welfare and food stamps.  We can't do that though.  We don't want people to feel ashamed they're on welfare and food stamps.
Link Posted: 9/12/2010 2:26:05 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

Agree, but I'd rather see them ALL go. WIC and school grants included.
Link Posted: 9/12/2010 2:27:12 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

This, 100%.

While I kinda agree...there are Active duty military members who need and use WIC.  And it's very limited to what they can get with it.

I don't agree that military folk need it. They may qualify and benefit from it, but military pay is more than enough to survive on without help.

I would agree they do deserve it more than most that qualify.
Link Posted: 9/12/2010 2:29:14 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Maybe I'm infected with a little liberal.  But WIC, is what welfare should be...very specific on what they can get (milk, cheese), no junk food.

Even though I don't have kids...it's not the childs fault, so that's why I'm ok with WIC.
Link Posted: 9/12/2010 2:31:06 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

This, 100%.

I don't agree that military folk need it. They may qualify and benefit from it, but military pay is more than enough to survive on without help.

You know what an E-1 makes?  Go ahead and look it up, even if they're in base housing...it's not near enough.

Link Posted: 9/12/2010 2:36:37 PM EDT
[#32]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Maybe I'm infected with a little liberal.  But WIC, is what welfare should be...very specific on what they can get (milk, cheese), no junk food.

Even though I don't have kids...it's not the childs fault, so that's why I'm ok with WIC.

That's not liberal, that is called compassion. It should come from us directly though

and not from the government. Cut out the middle man and this would reduce our taxes

and make sure that those getting the handout are worthy. There was a time that it worked

this way, this was before the progressives attacked.

Link Posted: 9/12/2010 2:53:28 PM EDT
[#33]
The government is out of control.  I am tired of them taking my shit and giving it away to a bunch of lazy fuckers.
Link Posted: 9/12/2010 4:58:27 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
The big mistake is that they don't call it welfare any more.  Here in Washington they have EBT cards.  Electronic Benefits Transfer.  Benefits? Benefits from what.  Call it what it is.  Welfare and food stamps.  We can't do that though.  We don't want people to feel ashamed they're on welfare and food stamps.

Meh, it's an "Independence" card here in MD.

Link Posted: 9/12/2010 6:55:58 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

This, 100%.

This, in red.
Link Posted: 9/13/2010 6:27:57 AM EDT
[#36]
Here's a good one for you. I've been working at Walmart to make some extra cash and this couple comes in every now and then and buys a shit load of junk food, all on food stamps. They then go to little league games and sell it like a concession stand. I've reported them twice now and they still keep coming in. Something that always gets me too is that they get all of this money on welfare and yet this couple will bitch at the top of their lungs if something they want doesn't ring up as a food stamp approved item; even if it's $2. Here's a pic of ONE of their carts from ONE day (their total bill was a little over $800):

Link Posted: 9/13/2010 6:33:34 AM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
Here's a good one for you. I've been working at Walmart to make some extra cash and this couple comes in every now and then and buys a shit load of junk food, all on food stamps. They then go to little league games and sell it like a concession stand. I've reported them twice now and they still keep coming in. Something that always gets me too is that they get all of this money on welfare and yet this couple will bitch at the top of their lungs if something they want doesn't ring up as a food stamp approved item; even if it's $2. Here's a pic of ONE of their carts from ONE day (their total bill was a little over $800):

http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y143/AEnemaBay/2010-06-29082917.jpg

you'd probably get fired, but contacting someone in the media might get quite interesting.
Link Posted: 9/13/2010 6:50:29 AM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

The players could have some honor and respect the game, but most don't so I hate them too.  I have known a few who used the system like it was supposed to be used as a means to tide them over until they could get on their feet again- usually women who found themselves suddenly single with kids to take care of- but they seem to be very few and far between.  Most are just complete waste of oxygen.
Link Posted: 9/13/2010 6:51:41 AM EDT
[#39]

Quoted:

The conversation started after the white lady stated she had to turn down a full time job because she would lose her medical thru welfare and about 600 a month on food stamps

Wonderful.

Link Posted: 9/13/2010 6:54:31 AM EDT
[#40]

Quoted:

I say cut them all off now.

Yep. Every one of them.

Now the bleeding hearts are gonna chime in "what about me, I did this and this then this happened and..."

I used to give a fuck about legit problems and real needs but anymore, too many people fucked it up for ya.

Link Posted: 9/13/2010 6:55:27 AM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

I see people at work buying beer and cigarettes with welfare cards constantly. Every grocery store in the ghetto allows it.

You know what an E-1 makes? Go ahead and look it up, even if they're in base housing...it's not near enough.

Then don't have kids. If you can't afford to pay for your kids food then you're doing it wrong. Wait until you make more money before knocking your girl up.
Just because someone is in the military doesn't give them a free pass.
Link Posted: 9/13/2010 7:00:45 AM EDT
[#42]
I had a buddy who had this woman call in all the time under the medical leave act.  You are allowed a certain number of days a year and it's on a rolling calendar so he literally could predict when she'd call in.  

She messed up the call in procedure once and they fired her.    My buddy was so happy.
Link Posted: 9/13/2010 7:04:14 AM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

"The problem with socialism is eventually you run out of other people's money."––Margaret Thatcher

'(Not an exact quote but the gist of what she said.)

Edited for spelling.
Link Posted: 9/13/2010 7:40:17 AM EDT
[#44]
I freakin' WISH welfare would pay for all of my bills, grub and such, I've been out of a REAL job for more than a year now, this odd job BS is annoying, I'm doing everything from pine needle removal, dog shit removal, handy man service, etc to make ends meet, I miss the days of a real job, hell, if uncle sugar wants to subsidize me a life in a lazyboy chair and a big screen TV, I am so there! I'll just spend my days at the range shooting, and my nights in front of the TV! Where do I sign up and how much loot can I loot from Johnny Taxpayer? Now, get off of the ARFCOM you bums! Get to work! Pay more taxes, I want my free flat screen and lazyboy chair!

Wait, I've got it, lets skip the middle man, everyone drop by, I'll pick your pockets instead of Uncle Sugar, I promise to not send the $$$ to Zimbabwe, although I will buy guns and booze with it, just so you know where the cash is going, fiscal accountability being what it is.

*singing* "I'm movin' on up....."
Link Posted: 9/13/2010 8:31:09 AM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
Quoted:

I see people at work buying beer and cigarettes with welfare cards constantly. Every grocery store in the ghetto allows it.

You know what an E-1 makes? Go ahead and look it up, even if they're in base housing...it's not near enough.

Then don't have kids. If you can't afford to pay for your kids food then you're doing it wrong. Wait until you make more money before knocking your girl up.
Just because someone is in the military doesn't give them a free pass.

This. I was in when they didn't let you get married until you were at least a Cpl (or at least it was frowned upon - I'm sure by the '80s that kind of "backward" thinking was gone from the services). Married troops were always a drag on readiness anyway.
Link Posted: 9/13/2010 8:40:13 AM EDT
[#46]
Oops - dt (site is slow this morning)
Link Posted: 9/13/2010 8:50:12 AM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

"The problem with socialism is eventually you run out of other people's money."––Margaret Thatcher

'(Not an exact quote but the gist of what she said.)

Edited for spelling.

The whole, and I mean the whole entitlement structure of the nation is in serious de-fib.
Where will all of this money come from in the furure?
Link Posted: 9/13/2010 9:03:35 AM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

F-cking leeches !!   Food stamps are such bulls-it !!  
Link Posted: 9/13/2010 9:08:25 AM EDT
[#49]
Link Posted: 9/13/2010 9:10:48 AM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

Did you report them to the manager at WAL-MART or did you report them to your state's anti-fraud food stamp hotline?

Food stamps are a federal program but they are administered by the states, so each state has a fraud reporting hotline or office.

Search it up and call them.  What these people are doing is illegal.

(I'm thinking that if you just reported it to the manager of your store they might be turning a blind eye to it because they just want the sales).

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top